• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Concordianism

RoseKnows

Your guess is as good as mine
I wanted to post this to get my thoughts and beliefs out there for the world to see. You see, after a long journey of searching, I have found truth within myself. You may be wondering what concordianism is by now, but to understand we must first look within.

What i believe is that we all have a soul, but beyond that, we share one soul. We are all separate iterations of the same soul, and this has been since humans were first birthed. We cannot see this, as we are only aware of our own iteration at any one point. More than that, each iteration jumps through what we call time, with each iteration growing and becoming more and more enlightened. That leads into what i believe the purpose of life to be: to mature in a sense, to be the best person you can be. One may say that us having a collective soul means we are not special, but i beg to differ. The fact that what we are made of being normal doesn't make us not special, as it means we are made of stardust, a truly beautiful fact. The same applies to the soul, as our purpose is special.

The universe, as i see it, is like an egg in a sense: we were born of our parent (god), we are given all we need to mature and to grow, and we will inevitably be born. When we are born, we will be a god, like our parent. We will live in eternal enlightenment and bliss, and we will get the chance to father our own child.

So what does it take to be a good person? As i see it, there are 5 noble acts that one must perform to be a good person:

1. The Act of Harmony: We must do unto our fellow man only what we would want done to us. To treat another form of ourselves poorly is to bring suffering to ourself, so be kind to others, be honest, and have patience. Do your part by donating to charity and by remaining hospitable to others.

2. The Act of Moderation: We must remember to use only what one needs and not more. Food, water, and money are necessary parts of life. However, we may choke on our food, drown in water, and become tainted by greed. This is why we must remember to moderate ourselves.

3. The Act of Wisdom: We must always focus on growing our minds and experiences. To remain ignorant and refuse to gain experiences is to cause suffering to ourselves. So when opportunity calls, answer it.

4. The Act of Expression: We must remain true to ourselves by expressing ourselves in our most genuine way. Refusing to express because of fear brings suffering, so it is imperative that we channel ourselves properly. If you write, put pen to paper. If you sing, sing loudly and proudly.

5. The Act of Purification: We are not perfect yet, and we make mistakes. It is important that we learn to forgive ourselves and that we perform Refinement
What else does being a Concordian entail? Well first off, it is my belief that the natural world is a test to see if we are mature, so it is our duty to care for and be one with nature. It is important to note that all living things possess a soul. It is not necessarily like ours, which has been developed to transcend and achieve everlasting bliss, but they have a soul. It if for that reason that when taking the life of a living thing, be it a tree or a deer, we must do so only if necessity calls for it, and even then we must mourn. I also believe that weed is sacred, as it connects one to the truth of the universe and of the soul.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask them.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I became interested in the word "Concordianism" and did a search coming up basically only with Concordianism - IIWiki So is this the source of your understanding now or did the word itself reflect your beliefs without that reference?

RoseKnows

Your guess is as good as mine
I became interested in the word "Concordianism" and did a search coming up basically only with Concordianism - IIWiki So is this the source of your understanding now or did the word itself reflect your beliefs without that reference?
The word is purely one of my creation, reflecting on the harmony between all people via our collective soul. I wasn't at all familiar with that site before coining it, I suppose it's funny how the world works like that sometimes.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
As another comment, I also believe we are all one in essence even though very different in expression. So I found myself nodding in agreement at what you wrote. I would express it differently, but I think we share the same fundamental understanding.

Liu

Sounds like a kind of pantheism to me - I would subscribe to similar metaphysics (although I don't make a difference between human souls and other beings' souls), just not to similar ethics (in practice my behaviour is not that different as if I would follow your ethics, I just don't consider them to be "we musts").

Also, the name of your religion sounds like it's the opposite of the already existing religion of Discordianism (which is one of the religions I adhere to).

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
The word is purely one of my creation, reflecting on the harmony between all people via our collective soul. I wasn't at all familiar with that site before coining it, I suppose it's funny how the world works like that sometimes.
Did you ever see an episode of the reboot to the old "V" TV series? In that version, the aliens created an alliance/outreach project called Concordia.

"V" Concordia (TV Episode 2011) - IMDb

I also believe that weed is sacred, as it connects one to the truth of the universe and of the soul.
Ah, okies... that explains quite a lot actually.

Last edited: