• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Concord CA happiest/smiliest city in America

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Yes, this is where I live.

Bay Area City Ranked Happiest, Smiliest In America: Study

CONCORD, CA — The East Bay city of Concord was ranked the No. 1 happiest and smiliest city in America in a study sponsored by HouseFresh.

"We used Microsoft’s face recognition API, Azure, to analyze a database of Instagram selfies from every state and the 100 biggest U.S. cities to see which are the happiest places to live," the study's authors wrote.

"This facial recognition tool places numerical estimates on emotions based on characteristics and expressions. To work out the happiest cities and states, we used the FaceAPI happiness score, averaging all the scores in each location. For the smiliest cities and states, we considered that a face has a smile if its smile score was greater than 0.75. The locations were ranked by the percentage of people smiling."

Here are the Top 10 Happiest Cities in America, according to the study:
  1. Concord, California: 79.1
  2. Provo, Utah: 74.95
  3. Knoxville, Tennessee: 74.72
  4. Charleston, South Carolina: 74.17
  5. Mesa, Arizona: 71.48
  6. Cape Coral, Florida: 70.89
  7. Ogden, Utah: 69.15
  8. Nashville, Tennessee: 68.31
  9. Sarasota, Florida: 66.78
  10. New Orleans, Louisiana: 65.87
Untitled-design-6.jpg

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
Seems to me like they are all in the south or Southish

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Yes, this is where I live.

Bay Area City Ranked Happiest, Smiliest In America: Study

CONCORD, CA — The East Bay city of Concord was ranked the No. 1 happiest and smiliest city in America in a study sponsored by HouseFresh.

"We used Microsoft’s face recognition API, Azure, to analyze a database of Instagram selfies from every state and the 100 biggest U.S. cities to see which are the happiest places to live," the study's authors wrote.

"This facial recognition tool places numerical estimates on emotions based on characteristics and expressions. To work out the happiest cities and states, we used the FaceAPI happiness score, averaging all the scores in each location. For the smiliest cities and states, we considered that a face has a smile if its smile score was greater than 0.75. The locations were ranked by the percentage of people smiling."

Here are the Top 10 Happiest Cities in America, according to the study:

• Concord, California: 79.1
    • Provo, Utah: 74.95
    • Knoxville, Tennessee: 74.72
    • Charleston, South Carolina: 74.17
    • Mesa, Arizona: 71.48
    • Cape Coral, Florida: 70.89
    • Ogden, Utah: 69.15
    • Nashville, Tennessee: 68.31
    • Sarasota, Florida: 66.78
    • New Orleans, Louisiana: 65.87
Untitled-design-6.jpg
I wonder what the medium income is over there?

Ohhh..
https://www.city-data.com/income/income-Concord-California.html

I guess when you make a six figure income,, you would be quite happy in life indeed..

JIMMY12345

California is no longer a haven for just the wealthy.Parked outside their wall could well be a homeless family living in a tent.The poor especially after COVID are slowly but surely increasing.The sample could be biased as the selfies of the rich will probably skew the sample.If your homeless and poor submitting selfies is not the first thing that comes to mind

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
California is no longer a haven for just the wealthy.Parked outside their wall could well be a homeless family living in a tent.The poor especially after COVID are slowly but surely increasing.The sample could be biased as the selfies of the rich will probably skew the sample.If your homeless and poor submitting selfies is not the first thing that comes to mind

We've never been "a haven for just the wealthy".