• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Concise, Clear, and Well Reasoned

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
No doubt! And it is exhausting, to say the least.

This will either be a humongous flat tire or it will be the most explosive exposition on fraud. Time will tell.

I think that Trump actually knew something was smelly before the 2018 mid-term elections, saw it played out and then pre-prepared for this one.

Could be wrong, of course... like they say, "I have been wrong once before"... but that is my crazy thinking at this point. :)
Ehh either way the world is watching like
upload_2020-11-20_17-5-22.gif

Hermit Philosopher

Selflessly here for you
Dear @KenS

Two things come to mind here: for sake of democracy, I think it is crucial (our duty, in fact!) to distinguish between a) individuals who manage to commit fraud - individual criminals, basically - and b) an electoral system that is fraudulent.
Whiles it be logical to assume that in every nation and every election, there will be a (relatively small) amount of a) individual invalid votes going through to any candidate undetected; within well-functioning democracies, it is absolutely not reasonable to expect b) a sitting Government to manipulate the outcome of an election.

If anything, what is threatening democracy in America right now is B, not A!

Nimos

In Denmark there is a saying that if a person lie they get "a black line across the forehead"

This comes pretty close I think, at least the closest I have seen :p

imagescaler

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
As it was mentioned on the video... the tossed lawsuits were made by other plaintiffs and, as Rudy said, correctly tossed out but they were not his lawsuits.

Not true, there is quite a debris pile of rejected law suits from different Republican sources all endorsed by Trump. The rejected Law suite in Pennsylvania was specifically a Trump administration law suite.

All the claims of evidence cited by Giuliani are old refuted claims not accepted by judges. There has not been one successful Trump law or Republican Party suite based on the accusation of fraud.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
If you want to know why you are doing it wrong, here is my concise, clear and well reasoned answer:

1. You don't have a message. You think the facts speak for themselves but you see how that works out. You should lead with the message.

The US voting system is prone to critique. We have to fix it so that any allegation of fraud is simply ridiculous.

2. You lose yourself in details and partisanship. That only incites resistance.

Make it clear that and how the system is rotten. Cite examples of both sides exploiting the holes. Make clear that Trump did exploit the weaknesses instead of working to fix them.

3. Don't be a negative Nancy. *****ing about fraud is for whiners.

Suggest measures to make elections secure above any doubt. E.g. argue to get rid of voting machines, especially those with proprietary code and without paper trail.

4. Don't get stuck in the past. The 2020 election is over and Biden won.

Focus on the future. Now is the time. You have two years until the mid-terms and four years until the next presidential election. Work on making them the most secure and incorruptible ever.

5. End on a positive message.

The US is one of the oldest parliamental democratic republics. We may have old systems but we can change them to the most secure in the world. Never again shall anyone doubt our elections. We can do it.

I'm looking forward to your next OP implementing my suggestions.
As I have said before (a well reasoned position) when they swear in a President... it is over. :D

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
As I have said before (a well reasoned position) when they swear in a President... it is over. :D

At least let the primary contender for that position get the security briefings and other information so that the transition can go smoothly.

The Donald's tactic of obstruction and denial is only hurting our country.

Kenny

Premium Member
Not true, there is quite a debris pile of rejected law suits from different Republican sources all endorsed by Trump. The rejected Law suite in Pennsylvania was specifically a Trump administration law suite.

All the claims of evidence cited by Giuliani are old refuted claims not accepted by judges. There has not been one successful Trump law or Republican Party suite based on the accusation of fraud.
What you said here, didn't adjust or amend my statement.

Kenny

Premium Member
At least let the primary contender for that position get the security briefings and other information so that the transition can go smoothly.

The Donald's tactic of obstruction and denial is only hurting our country.
Yes, he should go ahead and let Biden have his briefings. It isn't "hurting" the country but it is unnecessary.

Hurting the country was 3 years of fake Russia collusion and impeachment efforts. THAT hurt the country.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Yes, he should go ahead and let Biden have his briefings. It isn't "hurting" the country but it is unnecessary.

Hurting the country was 3 years of fake Russia collusion and impeachment efforts. THAT hurt the country.

Russia *did* interfere in the 2016 elections. of that there is no dispute. Muller did NOT exonerate Trump: he merely said it was up to Congress to do what needed to be done (they didn't).

Trump has put this country through hell the last 4 years. it is time to get rid of this cancer and start to heal.

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
Thanks Ken, I don't think I will have the time to watch the event in its entirety. But I wanted to ask you a question about a statement made early in the press conference (if it is clarified later, sorry about that). Rudy Giuliani claims that Democratic cities can "do anything they want to do" and that the fraud cases in Philadelphia could fill a library. He went on to say the same could be said about Detroit, etc. I am suspicious because if this is true, why did the legal teams not investigate those very same cities in 2016 if fraud is so rampant?

Kenny

Premium Member
Is that a suggestion I put you on ignore until January 21st?
LOL... I respect and honor your decision... as long as we still can be friends and have a cup of coffee together (should our paths cross)

Kenny

Premium Member
Thanks Ken, I don't think I will have the time to watch the event in its entirety. But I wanted to ask you a question about a statement made early in the press conference (if it is clarified later, sorry about that). Rudy Giuliani claims that Democratic cities can "do anything they want to do" and that the fraud cases in Philadelphia could fill a library. He went on to say the same could be said about Detroit, etc. I am suspicious because if this is true, why did the legal teams not investigate those very same cities in 2016 if fraud is so rampant?

That is a good question... and I can only hypothesize.

The possibility, (and this is just some musings), no one really knew what was going on in 2016. Potentially, he had a feeling something was wrong and certainly Hillary were dumbfounded that they lost.

After election, probably got a better feel because before the 2018 mid-term election he issued an executive order:

Trump signs executive order launching voter fraud commission

The results in 2018, possibility thinking, confirmed his suspicions and got prepared for 2020 with us now seeing the legal efforts that are being implemented.

Goddess Kit

Yes, by all means, let's do the most reasonable thing by allowing the orange man-child to spend another four years doing nothing but play golf and post nonsense on Twitter.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
That is a good question... and I can only hypothesize.

The possibility, (and this is just some musings), no one really knew what was going on in 2016. Potentially, he had a feeling something was wrong and certainly Hillary were dumbfounded that they lost.

After election, probably got a better feel because before the 2018 mid-term election he issued an executive order:

Trump signs executive order launching voter fraud commission

The results in 2018, possibility thinking, confirmed his suspicions and got prepared for 2020 with us now seeing the legal efforts that are being implemented.

Actually, the commission investigating voter fraud disbanded after finding no evidence of such.