• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Conceptualizing the New Me

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I want to strive to be better. I have been working on myself. But it is hard.

Sometimes, life pulls me back to the old me. The me that was easy to be, but not happy. The me that was stuck, and scared. The me that did not like people, and did not care if they liked me.

Life makes me think of the bad things at times. The things I did wrong, or wish I did not do. The things I want to do, but do not know how to.

But I will not stop. I will not go back. I will not stay the same. I want to change. I want to grow. I want to learn. I want to try new things. I want to find myself, and transcend beyond the heartache and the inner negativity.

Change is hard. But it is also good. It makes me feel free, and happy, and proud, and excited.

The world is large and confusing. There are many things to know, and many things to do. Sometimes, I do not understand everything, or things are different from what I think.

One thing that helps me is to try to think and see clearly.

But how do I do so? It is not easy, and it takes hard work and bravery.

I ask questions. I listen to others. I think. I reflect. I look at myself.

I will keep working on myself, and trying to see things clearly, even if life tries to pull me back to the old me. Because I know there is a new me waiting for me. And I want to meet them.

Hinamatsuri-02-12.jpg