• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Complete Trust

Mark Dohle

fireoflove1.jpg

Complete trust

+Most Holy Trinity, I trust in Your infinite mercy. God is my Father
and so I, His child, have every claim to His divine Heart;
and the greater the darkness, the more complete our trust should be. (357 Sister Faustina’s diary)

Sentimentality is one of the biggest obstacles to living a life of trust towards God. Or towards friends as well, for life will place before all of us trails (or test if you like) that need facing in order to deepen any relationship that is worth pursuing.

So if faith is present in God, in a loving God, is that not the most important relationship that will color all others? If we are made in the image and likeness of God, how do we experience that image or live it out? What do our deepest longings tell us about our soul’s purpose? Do longings have to do with logical thought? Do our emotions point to what we truly seek?

I believe logic is there to help us sort things out, to be able to communicate with others as well as to live a well ordered life. Yet these are not deep longings. Our souls are wild, hard to tame, and we often seek to assuage our inner thirst in ways that only deepens its parchedness. We can actually destroy our lives in this pursuit to fill the emptiness of our souls, with false gods of power, pleasure and the pursuit of happiness.

In trusting in the love of God and knowing that all is seen and known, it is from there that we receive the grace to trust and allow life to test us, to form us into the image or work of art that we are called to become. Infinite love is not about logic, but about fire, infinite fire, that burns away all that gets in the way of union.

Once we make a choice to seek and to love God, a long journey begins, one in which we are journeyed with, never alone, though we may feel alone and bereft of comfort. It is then that we make our deepest trust in God’s love so as to allow eternal growth and expansion into this greatest of mysteries. The Trinity is an eternal relationship of infinite joy and love, a dance that we are called to be a part of and in order to become that, we must allow our hearts to become channels of God’s love for all, without exception.--Br.MD