• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Compassion.

Can it be that the anger is actually toward you self for not being able to forgive them in the moment? or that when someone do you wrong you feel anger because you feel it is not fair they pick on you?

The pick on part, thats it.

The reason example buddhists try not to get angry and try to feel compassion in every situation is because we do not always know if the "attack or trouble" comes from earlier in life or even past lives. So why should be get angry if what actually happening was our own karm from earlier times when we was the attacker or person who was harming/talking bad about others.

Aaaaahhhh, there ya go. That could be it then. I could be getting what i deserve. But, by them giving me what i deserve, wont that create more bad karma for them in there next life, and then things just keep spiraling down hill?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
When one stop doing harm to other and choose to good, the karma that lead o suffering ands and one will live more good. when haveing compassion toward those who try to hurt you or are hurt or injured and try to help them that is a good virtu and a good compassion.
I can only speak for my self, but that is how i see it

DustyFeet

पैर है| outlaw kosher care-bear | Tribe of Dan
Mayby also the anger toward them is my compassion for the world (not wanting the world to be confused by deception).

a negative / destructive manifestation of empathy?

empathy is a spectrum? sometimes constructive? sometimes destructive?

you are empathizing with the world? if so, definitely noble, not always constructive. just a theory...

i'm starting think anything resulting in "anger" turns out destructive. sooner or later...

a negative / destructive manifestation of empathy?

empathy is a spectrum? sometimes constructive? sometimes destructive?

you are empathizing with the world? if so, definitely noble, not always constructive. just a theory...

i'm starting think anything resulting in "anger" turns out destructive. sooner or later...

Does it always? It seams like anger lets us know something is wrong. Anger seams to also push one in a better direction too. Or it can if we channel it.

If you see a guy bullying a kid, it can anger one because something is wrong there.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
In Buddhism Compassion for every living being is one of the great teaching. How do you view compassion in your life toward other living beings?

Personally if see a wasp or an ant in my house, i carry them outside and let them fly or crawl away.

Every living being? What about bacteria like the black death bacteria?

Ciao

- viole

DustyFeet

पैर है| outlaw kosher care-bear | Tribe of Dan
Does it always? It seams like anger lets us know something is wrong. Anger seams to also push one in a better direction too. Or it can if we channel it.

If you see a guy bullying a kid, it can anger one because something is wrong there.

yeah man. its not always. its me... i dont do anger well...

MonkeyFire

Is compassion the same as "love of hate," which is relative to the forbidden fruit, knowledge of good and evil?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Is compassion the same as "love of hate," which is relative to the forbidden fruit, knowledge of good and evil.

Compassion in the way i see it is unconditional respect and love for every living being, and yes to understand compassion on a deeper level one need knowledge of what good and evil is, and why our actions. words and thoughts can harm our self if we talk, think and act in a negative way.
And have compassion toward those who do not understand this and because of this might harm us.

MonkeyFire

Compassion in the way i see it is unconditional respect and love for every living being, and yes to understand compassion on a deeper level one need knowledge of what good and evil is, and why our actions. words and thoughts can harm our self if we talk, think and act in a negative way.
And have compassion toward those who do not understand this and because of this might harm us.

Good and evil is war hatred and fighting. They are found impassive, the nature of the second devil Beelzebub.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Fascinating. I'm simply not used to such a dualistic outlook.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I'm more than a bit shocked that I have to explain this to a fellow human animal.

Compassion is almost universally understood to be
"sympathetic pity and concern for the sufferings or misfortunes of others"

Merrian-Webster's refers to compassion as:
"sympathetic consciousness of others' distress together with a desire to alleviate it"

The second definition, is closer to the mark, in my view.

I am still at a loss as to how compassion could possibly equate with "love of hate".

oh yes, brother. i do... i wish i didn't,

sorry, i can't help it... the hulk reference is too much, i can't resist...

you wouldn't like me when i'm angry...

You look like a cute car bear though. How could that bear with its kind look get so angry? :p