• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Comparing Horoscopes; how do you 'Fit in' ?

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
FeathersinHair said:
My combinations work together nicely. Hmm... Do you think we should create another thread to discuss what happens when horoscopes combine? (That'd be kind of cool!)
Well, here is the perfect occasion; sorry I didn't see this earlier, Feathers.;)

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
michel said:
Well, here is the perfect occasion; sorry I didn't see this earlier, Feathers.;)
Druid Horoscope;
Kartas Southern

The tree is rather shaggy, strong, and harmonious. It is a solid and beautiful plant. It can adapt to any conditions easily. This sign dreams of comfort and conveniences, but it can spend the night in the open air, once there is a need. The sign is quite healthy. It feels home everywhere and doesn't know what shyness is. It is quite dynamical, self-confident, and self-respecting. Also, it forces others to consider its opinion and points. On the other hand, these people are rather sensitive to jokes concerning their personality and don't understands them.

They like to astonish people and be in the highlight; they can scarify everything to achieve everyone's attention. These people think that it should be them who make the final decision and have the last word. They have the ability to resolve the most complicated problems. They don't realize how dangerous some satiations are. Moreover, they are quite improvident and often get tangled in unforeseen situations.

These people are quite optimistic, which results in frequent careless acts both in business and private life.This sign is inclined to excesses. Even though this sign seems independent, it is quickly responsive to external influences. Directed by a skillful person, people of this sign may become not a free but a necessary agent.

These people give their soul and body to the deed they choose. Therefore, there are many heroes and martyrs among people of this sign. Being an object of another person's influences, Kartas Southern has the ability to influence others as well. This sign can encourage people around it. It is rather persistent and among those who are always right.

It is sensitive, susceptible and sentimental - may be committed forever and see love as the greatest thing in the whole world. Everything else is seen as a way of time spending - pleasant enough but not important. These people are rather intelligent and have the ability of rational problem-evaluation. These people think and make their decisions so quickly that many people are just amazed. They have artistry in their character as well. Most often, they reveal their talents in the field of music. Anyway, they have a well-developed feeling of rhythm.

The sign is born for adventures. Hence, their life is quite mobile and diverse.

The sign features: impulsiveness, optimism, intelligence, and deduction skills.
The sign representatives: Galileo, Darwin, Kostyushko, Goethe, Brecht.

I must admit there are some traits that ring true - mainly the negative ones though..

Western, conventional horoscope...Aquarius. http://www.astro.com/ (these are pretty accurate)

Sun in Aquarius, Moon in Gemini

This astrological combination of signs confers on you highly developed intellectual powers. You have oratorical skills, although your nature is rather retiring and reserved. Your thoughts are orderly and organized, and you pursue knowledge with great industry, striving always for neatness and perfection in your work. You are kind and good-hearted and mild in manner and gesture. You are inclined to observe rather than participate. In love you are undemonstrative. Though eager to please, you remain somewhat detached. The key to a more harmonious existence lies in lowering some of your reserve; you will fare better in partnerships or association with others.

Ascendant in Aquarius, Uranus in the Fifth House

At the time of your birth the zodiacal sign of Aquarius was ascending in the horizon. Its ruler Uranus is located in the fifth house.

You were born with a natural disposition to be humane, sympathetic, original and refined in your dealings with others. Among your features is the ability to understand human nature in a sympathetic manner. Unfortunately, you do not always act upon your intuitions and may become rationalistic at times when swift and prompt determination is required.

The common Aquarian is good and kindly, but usually led astray by eccentric and bizarre companions.

Your tastes are refined and your discrimination keen. You have a natural inclination toward the esoteric and mystical side of life and you could develop some clairvoyant abilities. Basically you are a lover of freedom; in the realization of this desire you may go to extremes.

Although changeable in appearance, your life is guided by very definite and fixed principles, one of which is a constant demand for personal freedom. In love you are a strange character. You can easily be emotionally attracted to one person and yet unpredictably terminate relationships. As an inventor you have no rival; your problem is that sometimes you lack the practical ability to implement your creations. Professionally you will be successful in any of the following fields of activity: modern science, electrical work, photography, archaeology, astrology, radio etc.

hehe;)

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Yaarrrgggghhh! I can't fit the ones I was copying and pasting in! Let's try once more.

Sheep (year of 1979), from here.

Sheep are the good samaritans of the Chinese zodiac. They are gentle mannered and on the shy side. Being very sincere they are easily taken by a sob story. Sheep people are compassionate,understanding of others' faults, and quick to forgive.

Sheep like to set their own hours and will not tolerate too much discipline. They are also very offended if they are criticized. They cannot work well under pressure and must be allowed to do things at their own speed. Sheep need somebody to discipline them, though, in order to utilize their talents. They usually find someone to look after and care for them.

Good fortune smiles upon the sheep. They benefit from wills and inheritances. Even in the roughest of times, the Sheep always acquire the basic needs. Sheep get their own way without force or violence. They have that passive endurance that drives you mad. Eventually they wear you down with their pleas.You just can't break them!

Sheep never come right out and discuss what's bothering them. You pry it out of them bit by bit. When all else fails, yell at them, and bang things around. They should be impressed and might unfold all their secret woes; then, you can clear the air. The Sheep are family people. They never forget anyone's birthday, and you had better not forget theirs! Sheep worry, too. They want others to cheer them up and tell them everything will be okay.

Sheep overspend and should avoid dealing with money. They find it hard to be practical and would love a life of luxury and ease. Ugly things will depress Sheep. They hate to displease anyone especially their loved ones. They will edge around an issue rather than take a firm stand. Difficulties are a delicate issue with Sheep. They are too sensitive and often overreact. Reassure them often.

Romance is a part of the Sheep's being. Moonlight and roses, soft music and candlelight will get them every time. They tend to view the world through rose-colored glasses. Sheep do not usually have to work hard. Good things just happen naturally. They need bright, airy surroundings and excel in creative fields. Appreciation of their talents make Sheep glow, and with encouragement, they can go far in life.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
And a good description of Libra (Sept 27th) can be found here. I'd mention the Druidic one, but it mostly doesn't suit me, whereas the other two seem much like me. (The sheep sign, also called the goat sign, intruiges me, since one of my totem animals is the goat.)[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif] [/font]

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
When all else fails, yell at them, and bang things around
I don't want to yell at you, or bang things around.................

I'm a rat :eek:

rat_x.jpg
The Rat

Rats are both charming and aggressive. They appear calm and well balanced on the surface,but underneath, they are restless and a little nervous. Rats are compatible,hard working, and they know how to hang on to a penny. They are never without admirers. They are very appealing.They have a bright and happy personality,and this keeps them busy socially.They love parties and other large gatherings. They like belonging to exclusive clubs and will often have a close circle of fellow conspirators.They like involvement and are very outgoing. Rats cherish friends and loved ones. For this reason,they often get entangled with others'problems and lives.

Rats love money and are quite shrewd where a buck is concerned. It is a hard task to separate Rats from their money. However, Rats can be very generous when their loved ones are concerned. Relatives are always welcome. Rats are definitely clannish and clever. With all these people around, Rats always find tasks for them to earn their keep. People will be put to work quickly in the Rat's house. Rats know how to keep a secret, if it's their own,but they are adept at finding out what others try to keep to themselves, and Rats wouldn't be above using the information if it were to their benefit.

One can always tell when Rats are upset. They become edgy,very nervous, and quite nagging. Rats are always taken by a bargain. They often buy things they don't need and tend to save everything. Souvenirs and sentimental odds and ends are found tucked away everywhere.

Since they make it a point to know everything about everybody,Rats are excellent writers. They have a good memory and are extremely inquisitive. Rats can be successful in almost everything they try to do. They easily adapt themselves to the situation at hand. They are at their best during any crisis and are great problem solvers. Rats are very level headed and are also very alert. Their intuition is strong and are always on the lookout for opportunities to better themselves. Rats seldom get into jams they can't escape since they cover themselves well in advance.They have a built in alarm system.

One of the Rat's biggest fault is that they try to do too much at once. They often scatter their energies and get nothing accomplished. Once they learn to finish what they have started,there is no stopping them from being successful. The Rat must also watch those fast deals and those great bargains. In these areas their judgment may fail them. They must not become too greedy,or they will suffer a financial blow or two.

Rats have great respect for their parents and dote on their own children. They love their home. Family life is very important to them. Rats born during the evening are tempted to a more hectic life than those born during the day. Rats learn early, quickly, and are avid readers. They know how to express themselves well-both written and orally. Given the slightest chance, Rats can make a success of their lives.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Hmm... I can see you as charming, but I'm not so sure about aggressive. You definately have your admirers! (And thanks for not yelling, hehee!)

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
I don't think my Western one really fits me...

But in the Chinese horoscope, I'm a bunny. :D

hare_x.jpg
The Hare

Hares fall under a most fortunate sign! Their sign is the emblem of long life and they possess the powers of the moon. Hares are very sensitive to beauty. They are gracious and soft spoken. Hares are the diplomats and the peace-makers. They enjoy a tranquil life and love a quiet evening at home. Hares are reserved and very artistic. They are thorough and good scholars. When Hares are moody, which is often, they will appear totally indifferent to the world.

Hares are lucky in money matters and great at finding a bargain. They may look easy-going, but they are actually quite cunning! Being a strong-willed person, they go quietly but determinedly towards their goals. They don't like making waves and find other means to get their way.

Hares are well-mannered and seldom use harsh words or foul language. Instead they cater to your every whim until they get their way. Before you know it, you have been won over! Although Hares appear slow at times, they are actually practicing caution. They read all the fine print before signing their names. Their uncanny abilities to correctly assess people and situations leave them quite conceited. Hares are considerate, understanding, warm, friendly, and easy to be with. They know how to relax.

When everyone is rushing around, Hares remind you that there is still tomorrow. Their motto is "live and let live". Hares would never embarrass you in public and they know how to save face. If Hares can spare your feelings, they will. For this they are well liked.

Hares make few enemies and rarely get into serious trouble. No one is more understanding. Hares give you all the sympathy you need. Just don't expect them to go out and do battle for you.If the going gets too rough, Hares may make a quick exit. They can't stand suffering and misery. Hares are experts at passing the buck and may hedge over difficult issues. When they feel too threatened they are unpredictable. If you push them too far they will simply get rid of you! Hares were not born to be fighters. They have their own ways that are very effective. Having good sense they know how to take care of themselves. They protect their own environment from strife at all costs.

Hares are good entertainers and hosts. They have good words to say about everyone. Although they often know more than they will say,they are discreet in their choice of friends. No matter what happens to Hares, they land on their feet and easily leap obstacles in their path. Hares believe in themselves and are at peace within. They will find success and contentment.

Not really sure how much of that fits me, beyond the caution bit. I'll read through paperwork several times and get someone else to read it to make sure I'm not missing anything.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Oooo! There's a wonderful book I've got called "Goddess signs" (escentially a feminine- spirituality take on the Chinese zodiac), where the rabbit and the sheep are two signs of the "moon goddess". (That makes sense, especially in the Japanese culture, where the rabbit is seen to be connected to the moon.) Yay! We share this trait!