• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Comparing both reasoning

Iymus

1Jn 4:1
-------------
Inductive Reasoning

Joh 20:27- 28

Inductive reasoning : Thomas called Jesus my God and Jesus said you have seen me and believe and bless are those who have not seen me and believe; Therefore Jesus is his and our God in Heaven.

--------------------------------

Deductive Reasoning

= represents is
represents not

No Man on Earth = Heavenly Father. "Mat 23:9" quote by Christ
Heavenly Father = One. "Mat 23:9" quote by Christ
Heavenly Father = our God in Heaven. "Joh 20:17" quote by Christ

Deductive reasoning : Jesus is a consistent subservient teacher and Thomas is an un-rebellious disciple therefore Jesus is not his and our God in Heaven.

Conclusion:
Man on Earth = Jesus Heavenly Father God in Heaven

Inductive-vs-Deductive-Reasoning-1-1200x628.jpg

Iymus

So comparing John 20:17-18 with John 20:29-31, we see that Thomas is not referring to Christ as his God in Heaven. Perhaps the meaning and context of Thomas saying my God is up for debate but at a minimum we know Thomas is not referring to Christ as specifically the God of Heaven and earth because that would contradict the Commandments of God and his own doctrine.

Perhaps another way to say it is that for example we know the value of X is up for debate but with instructions "law" and illustration "edification" we know the value of X is not 2 or then X would be inconsistent. "if that helps"

how-to-graph-less-than-inequality-on-number-line-open-circle_orig.jpg

DPMartin

1Jn 4:1
-------------
Inductive Reasoning

Joh 20:27- 28

Inductive reasoning : Thomas called Jesus my God and Jesus said you have seen me and believe and bless are those who have not seen me and believe; Therefore Jesus is his and our God in Heaven.

reasoning has nothing to do with it. revelation has everything to do with it. if something is revealed then you know via the experience of the revelation. simple, it was revealed to Thomas that Jesus really did rise from the dead as his friends told him. but Thomas's experience was physical or in the flesh so to speak, and now via the Holy Spirit and the Word of God in the world revelation in Spirit is how. therefore the experienced, do know.