• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Communist priests and Bishops

Cooky

Veteran Member
In the Revoltifarian view, the one giving into temptation is the one solely responsible.
No one has ever observed Satan doing a mind meld to zombify the perpetrator.

Fair enough, @Revoltingest... :)

I'm just hoping the news picks up soon, because religion is obviously one of my least favorite subjects to discuss. :D

...I'm only here on account of lack of news.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Fair enough, @Revoltingest... :)

I'm just hoping the news picks up soon, because religion is obviously one of my least favorite subjects to discuss. :D

...I'm only here on account of lack of news.
There's dang little religion in the religion of Revoltifarianism.
Most of the scripture is recipes involving bacon or anchovies.

Duke_Leto

@PopeADope , if you knew the first thing about left politics you'd know this was impossible. Communists can't co-ordinate with each other. For another thing, don't believe what you read on the Internet. Nothing on the blog you linked is taken from a reliable source; Bella Dodd's testimony is problematic, to say the least, and then AA 1025 must be the most obvious hoax in world history. The blogger's delusional ravings against an anti-hierarchal feeling in the Church is ridiculous as well: The kind of feeling she's talking about is that pretty much that espoused by the Eastern Orthodox, who, to any impartial observer, have preserved the more original form of priesthood. And,

the Church of the past as being oppressive, authoritarian, full of prejudices, arrogant in claiming to be the sole possessor of truth, and responsible for the divisions of religious bodies throughout the centuries.

Do you honestly believe that shadowy communist conspirators need to infiltrate the Church to spread this perception?? If anything, leaving the Catholics to their own devices seems to be the surest way to spread it!

Look, I'm a communist myself, and I'll answer any questions you have about the subject if you PM me. What communists want is the abolition of, essentially, social inequality. We don't hate religion for the sake of it -- many communists are religious. Marx didn't like religion, it's true, but because he believed that priests and clerics have historically tended to aid the ruling classes, and that they try to pacify the masses in order to prevent revolt, not because religion is a guardian of morality (hah) which must be destroyed to propagate communist thought or whatever.

Cooky

Veteran Member
Not elected by the people, neither are the Bishops elected by the people..

So? Neither are the presidents in the United States. We have an "electoral college" here.

...But actually, the pope was elected by the diocese of lay parishioners up until 1059 according to wikipedia. Sooo...

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
So? Neither are the presidents in the United States. We have an "electoral college" here.

I. of course, do not agree with the electoral college, but our system of government has checks and ballances and an elective process the Roman Church dies not. Our government does not have a heirachy of divine authority. Presidents four years.

...But actually, the pope was elected by the diocese of lay parishioners up until 1059 according to wikipedia. Sooo...

. . . but actually?!?! Maybe, but that is no longer the case. It remains that the heirarchial system has unquestioned divine authority, which is the major problem.

Last edited:

Cooky

Veteran Member
Of course you don't like it, @shunyadragon. Not until the pope declares Balallulah a prophet, right? ;)

Then, of course, The Vatican would need to switch the official religion to Bahai'i. o_O

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Catholicism is a 'problem' for Bahai'i.

No, but an interesting topic for another thread on the Baha'i Faith.

Personally the claim of Catholicism infers the belief in the Universal. I do not believe the Roman Church remotely qualifies as Catholic.

joe1776

None of the above

The problems of the Roman Church is due to the archaic system of authoritarian hierarchy, where the the divine authority is not questioned.
The divine authority is not questioned? The divine authority is God. And the interpretation of God's Will has most certainly been questioned.

Within the governing body of the church, there are liberal, moderate and traditional factions. The liberals seem to be in power in recent years (at least since the middle of the last century).

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
The divine authority is not questioned? The divine authority is God. And the interpretation of God's Will has most certainly been questioned.

Within the governing body of the church, there are liberal, moderate and traditional factions. The liberals seem to be in power in recent years (at least since the middle of the last century).

Despite this so to speak variation the divine authority remains unquestioned.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
So it's all Satan's fault....not the people who do the evil deeds?
No wonder Catholicism is so gosh darn popular!
And in the news.....
Pope blames devil for Church divisions, scandals, seeks angel's help | Reuters
n fact, the pope is so convinced that Satan is to blame for the sexual abuse crisis and deep divisions racking the Church that he has asked Catholics around the world to recite a special prayer every day in October to try to beat him back.

“(The Church must be) saved from the attacks of the malign one, the great accuser and at the same time be made ever more aware of its guilt, its mistakes, and abuses committed in the present and the past,” Francis said in a message on Sept. 29.

Since he was elected in 2013, Francis has made clear that he believes the devil to be real. In a document in April on holiness in the modern world, Francis mentioned the devil more than a dozen times.

“We should not think of the devil as a myth, a representation, a symbol, a figure of speech or an idea. This mistake would lead us to let down our guard, to grow careless and end up more vulnerable,” he wrote in the document.
Those poor innocent priests.
They can't be held responsible for the evil they do to children.