• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Commitment to God

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
He took the time to disagree with what I posted... yet you claim he doesn't like to argue. That's rather confusing.
Just because he disagreed with what you posted that does not mean he likes to argue...
Arguing is when someone keeps disagreeing, back and forth.....
Some people turn in the towel long before others.
Most Baha'is turn it in long before I do... I keep the towel far too long. ;)

QuestioningMind

Just because he disagreed with what you posted that does not mean he likes to argue...
Arguing is when someone keeps disagreeing, back and forth.....
Some people turn in the towel long before others.
Most Baha'is turn it in long before I do... I keep the towel far too long. ;)

He disagreed, but he doesn't like to argue. I guess that means he likes to disagree, but refuses to defend his claims.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
He disagreed, but he doesn't like to argue. I guess that means he likes to disagree, but refuses to defend his claims.
I think that is Psychological projection. In other words, what you are doing is 'projecting' your thoughts regarding how you would go about a conversation on the forum onto Truthseeker9. He does not 'like' to disagree, but since he disagreed with you he told you why he disagreed and presented his position. However, after a couple of posts he saw that it was just turning into an argument, so he opted out, since he does not like to argue. It is only from your perspective that "he refused to defend his claims." From his perspective he just does not like to keep responding when he sees that is never going to lead anywhere, since you are set in your opinions.

I know these things about him because Truthseeker9 (Duane) is my good friend and we correspond via e-mail all the time. For years, he told me I should not continue posting to a certain atheist on another forum who was never going to change his views. He was right about that, because that atheist never changed his views in over six years of posting to him almost daily.

QuestioningMind

I think that is Psychological projection. In other words, what you are doing is 'projecting' your thoughts regarding how you would go about a conversation on the forum onto Truthseeker9. He does not 'like' to disagree, but since he disagreed with you he told you why he disagreed and presented his position. However, after a couple of posts he saw that it was just turning into an argument, so he opted out, since he does not like to argue. It is only from your perspective that "he refused to defend his claims." From his perspective he just does not like to keep responding when he sees that is never going to lead anywhere, since you are set in your opinions.

I know these things about him because Truthseeker9 (Duane) is my good friend and we correspond via e-mail all the time. For years, he told me I should not continue posting to a certain atheist on another forum who was never going to change his views. He was right about that, because that atheist never changed his views in over six years of posting to him almost daily.

So when he disagreed with me he what he was doing was telling me disagreed and presented his position. But when I disagreed and presented my position it was 'turning into an argument'. If you say so.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member