• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Commentary on Matthew 7:21-22

iris89

Hi Everyone

Matthew 7:21-22 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy by they name, and by they name cast out demons, and by thy name do many mighty works? (American Standard Version; ASV)

Clearly at John 4:23-24, it is stated that, "But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. 24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth. (Authorized King James Bible, AV); And this scripture unequivocally shows the need to worship God (YHWH) "in spirit and in truth," and this is affirmed at James 1:27, " Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, to visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world." (AV).

Obviously we must worship God (YHWH) as he wills and not as we will; thereby, showing that not all ways of worship are acceptable to God (YHWH) anymore than all roads lead to the same place. Clearly many have a zeal for God (YHWH), but not according to accurate knowledge. This was testified to at Romans 10:2-3, "For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge. 3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God." (AV). In fact, the zealous ones who lack adequate knowledge and start following false doctrines and myths of mankind such as the Trinity, homosexualty is okay with God (YHWH), the Mother of God [he had no mother as he always existed], and infallibility of their human leaders by reason of myths and lies such as ex Cathedra and direct revelation/communication with God (YHWH), etc. will end up being rejected by God (YHWH).

The so called 'good works' of these that fail to follow the "Pure religion and undefiled before God," and to keep themselves from the false doctrines of man or "himself unspotted from the world" will find God (YHWH) rejects their works as revealed at Matthew 7:21-22, previously quoted and by Matthew 7:23, "And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity." (AV). So we see we must "worship the Father in spirit and in truth," that is in the way God (YHWH) wants to be worshipped, not how some worldly group wants us to worship him. In fact, it has been foretold that true believers would be few in number, but these others mentioned in Matthew 7:23 will be many in number as shown at Matthew 7:13-14, ""Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, abroad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: 14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it." (AV). So as Titus 2:1 shows we must reject false doctrine such as the teaching of coequality between Jesus (Yeshua), his Father (YHWH) the Supreme one, and the Holy Ghost or Spirit God's active force, "But speak thou the things which become sound doctrine:" (AV). So we can clearly see not all religions would be acceptable to God (YHWH) as they definitely all are not worshipping him in "spirit and in truth;" however, we must "worship him in spirit and in truth." In order to be counted worthy for salvation.

Your Friend in Christ Iris89