• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Commentary on Matthew 10:40

iris89

Commentary on Matthew 10:40 dealing with the Jewish Law of Agencies everyone should read and learn the truth.

Matthew 10:40 He who receives you, receives me; and he who receives me, receives him who sent me." (Confraternity Edition of The New Testament)

Here Jesus (Yeshua) the Son of God reveals that he was sent, and that all who receive or accept him will be received or acceptable to him who sent him, namely his Father, Almighty God (YHWH). This scripture is quite clear that Jesus (Yeshua) was sent by another, a superior, but some misguided ones that believe in none reality and myths have the disrespect for God (YHWH) to falsely claim that He and his Father (YHWH) are one individual; whereas, they are only one in purpose as proved by the Son of God (YHWH) being obedient to his Father (YHWH). This is made clear in over 50 scriptures in the Bible; whereas, the name(s) of these misguided ones' myth or fable the Duality or Trinity as be the case is nowhere mentioned in the Bible, Not even in the uninspired books of the Apocrypha. This fact is highlighted at Ro 8:3, "For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God, sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and of sin, hath condemned sin in the flesh" (Confraternity Edition of The New Testament).

Nor is this one scripture in isolation that testifies to the fact that Jesus (Yeshua) was sent by a superior one, His Father, Almighty God (YHWH) as the following also testify to the same fact, Galatians, "4:6 - And because you are sons, God hath sent the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying: Abba, Father;" And at, 1 John 4:9, By this hath the charity of God appeared towards us, because God hath sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we may live by him;" And at John 10:36, "Do you say of him whom the Father hath sanctified and sent into the world: Thou blasphemest; because I said: I am the Son of God?" (all proceding scripture from the Confraternity Edition of The New Testament). Clearly the scriptures show that Jesus (Yeshua) was sent by his Father (YHWH) a distinct individual and definitely not the same individual as his Father (YHWH) or the scriptures would have stated God the Son and not the Son of God.

Now that His Father (YHWH) has resurrected him, the Bible shows that He is at the right hand of God (YHWH) as foretold at Acts 7:55-56, "And he said: Behold, I see the heavens opened and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God. 56 and he said, 'Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God." (Confraternity Edition of The New Testament); And at Mark 14:62, "And Jesus said to him: I am. And you shall see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of the power of God and coming with the clouds of heaven" (Confraternity Edition of The New Testament); And at Luke 22:69, "But hereafter the Son of man shall be sitting on the right hand of the power of God." (Confraternity Edition of The New Testament); clearly the Bible leaves no doubt that Jesus (Yeshua) the Son of God (YHWH) is distinct from him and a separate being that is at his right hand signifying he has the next most powerful position in the universe after his Father, Almighty God (YHWH).

Now the Bible clearly highlights the fact that God (YHWH) has sent his Spirit or active force or power through his Son into the hearts of the true believers as shown by Galatians 4:6, "And because you are sons, God hath sent the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying: Abba, Father." (Confraternity Edition of The New Testament); And at Romans 1:9, "For God is my witness, whom I serve in my spirit in the gospel of his Son, that without ceasing I make a commemoration of you:" (Confraternity Edition of The New Testament); In other words, the Son of God (YHWH) was clearly his agent in keeping with the 'Biblical law of agency' described as, Scripture mentions something as being done by Person A, whilst another mentions it being done by Person B. This is best understood when we grasp the Schaliach Principle, or the Jewish Law of Agency, which is expressed in the dictum, "A person's agent is regarded as the person himself." Therefore any act committed by a duly appointed agent is regarded as having been committed by the principle." (The Encyclopedia of the Jewish Religion, R.J.Z. Werblowski and Geoffrey Wigoder).

Your Friend in Christ Iris89

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
iris89 said:
Commentary on Matthew 10:40 dealing with the Jewish Law of Agencies everyone should read and learn the truth.

Matthew 10:40 He who receives you, receives me; and he who receives me, receives him who sent me."

This scripture is quite clear that Jesus (Yeshua) was sent by another, a superior, but some misguided ones that believe in none reality and myths have the disrespect for God (YHWH) to falsely claim that He and his Father (YHWH) are one individual;
IRIS,

Jesus said in John 10:30 I AND MY FATHER ARE ONE

John said in 1 John 5:7 THERE ARE THREE THAT BEAR RECORD IN HEAVEN, THE FATHER, THE WORD, AND THE HOLY GHOST: AND THESE THREE ARE ONE.

The King James Bible has a built-in cross-referencing system that links Jehovah to Jesus.

In Exodus 3:14 we see Jehovah saying to Moses: I AM THAT I AM in all capital letters.

Then in Matthew 1:26, we see Joseph calling his son JESUS in all capital letters.

Coincidence? I doubt it. It was put there by the KJV translators by design.

---

iris89 said:
whereas, they are only one in purpose as proved by the Son of God (YHWH) being obedient to his Father (YHWH).
This is know in the academic world as ontological subordination. Which means that while one Member of the Godhead was active during a period of time, the other Two took a subordinate role.

In the OT, the primary Person of the Godhead was God the Father, with the other Two just making "cameo appearances" (I speak reverently here).

At the beginning of the NT, the 2nd Person of the Godhead was the primary Person.

After Jesus' ascension, the 3rd Person of the Godhead was the primary Person.

I hope this clarifies.

iris89

Hi AV1611 vbmenu_register("postmenu_216872", true);

FIRST, let's get a proper understanding of John 10:30,

John 10:30 I and my Father are one. (New American Standard Bible; NASB)

This is an interesting scripture, and taken alone out of context could lead the unsteadfast to the false conclusion that they were one in body, but taken in contest, this would be seen as impossible. In John 10:29, Jesus (Yeshua) clearly showed they were two separate individuals, "My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand." (NASB). Clearly here was a giver, the Father (YHWH) whom Jesus (Yeshua) publically declared was "greater than all" which statement would include being greater than himself, Jesus (Yeshua). Also, there was a receiver, a distinct individual, "has given them to Me."

This 'one' is one in purpose and this is made clear at John 17:9-11, " "I ask on their behalf; I do not ask on behalf of the world, but of those whom You have given Me; for they are Yours; 10 and all things that are Mine are Yours, and Yours are Mine; and I have been glorified in them. 11 "I am no longer in the world; and yet they themselves are in the world, and I come to You. Holy Father, keep them in Your name, the name which You have given Me, that they may be one even as We are." (NASB). Which not only shows Jesus (Yeshua) and his Father (YHWH) as being one in prupose, but also, all the true Christian followers of his Son (Yeshua).

As previously mentioned, many try and misuse this scripture, John 10:30, to support either a Duality or a Trinity; however, it supports neither and especially not a Trinity as only two individual beings are mentioned in it.

With respect a Trinity, Jay P. Green's, "Classic Bible Dictionary," says, "This is not itself a Biblical term, but was a term coined by Tertullian to refer to the whole concept under one word." [Classic Bible Dictionary," by Jay P. Green, page 483]. Another renown work says, "Respecting the manner in which the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit make one G-d, the Scripture teaches nothing, since the subject is of such a nature as not to admit of its being explained to us." [Cyclopedia of Biblical, Theological, and Ecclesiastical Literature," under Trinity, on page 553]. In other words, this false God (YHWH) dishonoring false doctrine of the Trinity is a revealed doctrine of men that is foreign to the scripture (Bible). It is to be outright rejected by all who are true followers of Jesus (Yeshua).

SECOND, 1 John 5:7 is a spurious scripture as shown in the King James in violation of Revelation 22:18-19. For amplified details on this, go to:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/thread?forumid=388559&messageid=1116350660&lp=1116379437

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
iris89 said:
As previously mentioned, many try and misuse this scripture, John 10:30, to support either a Duality or a Trinity; however, it supports neither and especially not a Trinity as only two individual beings are mentioned in it.
Iris, look at it this way:

A cow begets a cow.
A horse begets a horse.
A human begets a human.
God begets Who?

John 3:16 = For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

In Mark 2:7 the Jews asked: Why doth this man speak blasphemies? Who can forgive sins but God only?

iris89

Hi AV1611

The answer to your question,
God begets Who?
Is as follows:

Discourse on the Whether Christ is Divine:

Many claim are made with respect the Divinity of Jesus Christ, but when we use a little reasoning on the subject it is seen as much ado about nothing.

Sure he is divine as clearly shown by common sense as follows:

The son of a dog is a dog; whereas, a son of Almighty God (YHWH) is of course a god or godlike thus divine. This is clearly shown by the meaning of the word as follows:

(from Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary)
divine (GOD-LIKE) adjective
connected with a god, or like a god:
The Ayatollah described the earthquake in Iran as a divine test.
Some fans seem to regard footballers as divine beings.
England have fallen so far behind in the championship that their only hope of victory is divine intervention (= help from God).
Just because you've been promoted that doesn't give you a divine right (= one like that of a god) to tell us all what to do.

Oxford Dictionary
divine = /d"van/ adjective (-r, -st) 1 of, from, or like God or a god; sacred. 2 colloquial excellent. verb (-ning) 1 discover by intuition or guessing. 2 foresee. 3 practise divination. noun theologian. divining-rod dowser's forked twig. divinely adverb.

Wordsmyth Dictionary
1. a religious scholar or clergyman. Similar Words exegete , minister , cleric , clergyman , bishop , theologian , prelate , priest , religious
2. Definition 2. (cap.) God (usu. prec. by the). Synonyms Godhead {godhead (2)} , Divinity {divinity (2)} , Omnipotent {omnipotent} , Omniscient {omniscient} , God {god (2)} , Deity {deity (4)} Similar Words celestial
3. Definition 3. (sometimes cap.) the spiritual or godlike, as opposed to the earthly or worldly. Similar Words divinity

The American Heritage(r) Dictionary of the English Language: Fourth Edition. Divine
SYLLABICATION: di·vine PRONUNCIATION: /61/wavs/43/D0304300.wav/61/wavs/43/D0304300.wavd-vn ADJECTIVE: Inflected forms: di·vin·er, di·vin·est
1a. Having the nature of or being a deity. b. Of, relating to, emanating from, or being the expression of a deity: sought divine guidance through meditation. c. Being in the service or worship of a deity; sacred. 2. Superhuman; godlike. 3a. Supremely good or beautiful; magnificent: a divine performance of the concerto. b. Extremely pleasant; delightful: had a divine time at the ball. 4. Heavenly; perfect. NOUN: 1. A cleric. 2. A theologian. VERB: Inflected forms: di·vined, di·vin·ing, di·vines
TRANSITIVE VERB: 1. To foretell through or as if through the art of divination. See synonyms at foretell. 2a. To know by inspiration, intuition, or reflection. b. To guess. 3. To locate (underground water or minerals) with a divining rod; douse. INTRANSITIVE VERB: 1. To practice divination. 2. To guess. ETYMOLOGY: Middle English, from Old French devine, from Latin dvnus, divine, foreseeing, from dvus, god. See dyeu- in Appendix I. V., Middle English divinen, from Old French deviner, from Latin dvnre, from dvnus.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
iris89 said:
The son of a dog is a dog; whereas, a son of Almighty God (YHWH) is of course a god or godlike thus divine. This is clearly shown by the meaning of the word as follows:
Hi again, Iris. Nice to talk to you.

Okay, in the above, you're saying then that:

A cow begets a cow or bovine-like animal?
A horse begets a horse or equine-like animal?
A human begets a human or humanoid-like person?
God begets God or god-like or divine person?

iris89

Hi AV1611

Your comment is close, but not entirely correct,
Okay, in the above, you're saying then that:

A cow begets a cow or bovine-like animal?
A horse begets a horse or equine-like animal?
A human begets a human or humanoid-like person?
God begets God or god-like or divine person?
What I said was, in summary, God (YHWH) [since when it is capatalized refers strictly to the Creator and no other god] begets a god and/or god-like spirit being, a divine being.