• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Comment Thread for "A Sparkling Interview With Mr. Spinkles!"

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
This comment thread is for you to express your concerns or ask questions. Fire away!

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Mr.Spinkles: I have to say that in the nearly two years I've been on RF, a couple of the most interesting threads (imo) have either been started by you or had prominent posts authored by you regarding quantum physics. Although I don't understand a large portion of the theory, it's still fascinating and I hope you'll find the time to add more to your former comments.

Great interview!

http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/general-religious-debates/27544-evidence-6.html

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
In response to the question, " How do you respond to those folks who say morals are on the decline in America?", Spinks says:

Sexism, racism, homophobia, and anti-semitism, and drug use have all declined over the last two decades. Volunteerism, condom use, and concern for the environment have all increased. All in all, I'd call that an upward moral trend, but I'm certainly willing to change my mind if presented with counter examples.

Does anyone want to respond to this?

jamaesi

To Save A Lamb
Well, ignoring Arabs are Semite and there was rather a bit of anti-Islam/Middle Eastern/Arab sentiment in the interview, I'd agree with that comment.

jamaesi said:
Well, ignoring Arabs are Semite and there was rather a bit of anti-Islam/Middle Eastern/Arab sentiment in the interview, I'd agree with that comment.
Oh, well, I would certainly concede that discrimination against Arabs in the U.S. has perhaps increased, especially since 9/11.

Could you be more specific about the "anti-Islam/Middle Eastern/Arab sentiment" in the interview? You are someone whose opinion I respect quite a lot. If I have fallen into the trap of being nationalistic or ethnocentric, then it was certainly not intentional, and I would welcome the opportunity to own up to it.

Perhaps I have not distinguished clearly enough between sentiments of "anti-Islam/Middle Eastern/Arab" and anti-theocracy/totalitarianism.