• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Coming with the Clouds - Thoughts

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Don't shoot the angel.

The holy bible infers that he is coming with the clouds and will return as such.

Could a person's thoughts be like the clouds? Will they realize with the mind's eye the coming, like a flash of insight? the epiphany? like lightening strike and lighting up the night?

Daniel 7:13
"In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man, coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence.

Luke 21
27 At that time they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. 28 When these things begin to take place, stand up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.”

Kemosloby

Premium Member
People assume white puffy clouds, but the Day of the Lord is Darkness not Light. I would look for Dark clouds.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
People assume white puffy clouds, but the Day of the Lord is Darkness not Light. I would look for Dark clouds.

Then Solomon said, "The LORD has said that he would dwell in a dark cloud;

Love is the queerest of things.

Kemosloby

Premium Member

That was a different cloud. God can dwell in any cloud God chooses. But the Day of the Lord is Darkness not light. You could be right though, maybe He comes in a white cloud amidst the dark clouds. Who knows.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
That was a different cloud. God can dwell in any cloud God chooses. But the Day of the Lord is Darkness not light. You could be right though, maybe He comes in a white cloud amidst the dark clouds. Who knows.

no he comes as a destroyer. love transforms the old into the new, love changes everything. no one can see the face of love and live.

to those in heaven there is no problem. to those who are not, woe unto them.

Therefore rejoice, you heavens and you who dwell in them! But woe to the earth and the sea, because the devil has gone down to you! He is filled with fury, because he knows that his time is short.”

But who can endure the day of his coming? Who can stand when he appears? For he will be like a refiner’s fire or a launderer’s soap.

they, too, will drink the wine of God's fury, which has been poured full strength into the cup of his wrath. They will be tormented with burning sulfur in the presence of the holy angels and of the Lamb.

Do not be afraid of what you are about to suffer. I tell you, the devil will put some of you in prison to test you, and you will suffer persecution for ten days. Be faithful, even to the point of death, and I will give you life as your victor’s crown.

“Look, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to each person according to what they have done.

kaoticprofit

Don't shoot the angel.

The holy bible infers that he is coming with the clouds and will return as such.

Could a person's thoughts be like the clouds? Will they realize with the mind's eye the coming, like a flash of insight? the epiphany? like lightening strike and lighting up the night?

"In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man, coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence.

Luke 21
27 At that time they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. 28 When these things begin to take place, stand up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.”

Seems to me that Jesus takes a few spins around the planet to authenticate his return to mankind.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Seems to me that Jesus takes a few spins around the planet to authenticate his return to mankind.

For in him we live and move and have our being.' As some of your own poets have said, 'We are his offspring.'

the personality doesn't survive the transfiguration. in the same way you saw him go, he will return.

Acts 1:9
After he said this, he was taken up before their very eyes, and a cloud hid him from their sight.

Revelation 10:1
[ The Angel and the Little Scroll ] Then I saw another mighty angel coming down from heaven. He was robed in a cloud, with a rainbow above his head; his face was like the sun, and his legs were like fiery pillars.

Love changes everything

Last edited:

GodsVoice

Don't shoot the angel.

Luke 21

It's very similar to "the cloud" referring to the internet that all our computers are hooked up to. It's actually our MIND that is connected to the main MIND called God and his voice which is very similar to how the AI ( artificial intelligence ) and voice of Google Now, Microsoft Cortana, Apple Siri, and IBM Watson.

So "the cloud" is our MIND and all God's created men will hear the voice of the Lord after the day of the Lord destroys the viruses called Satan and the Beast which have given us illusions of good and evil images and thoughts that blinded man from knowing they weren't real people living on a real planet. We are actually experiencing life in a computer generated simulation program and God and the voice are the artificial intelligence built into the program that converts stored thoughts into make-believe worlds for created man to enjoy in visible bodies.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
It's very similar to "the cloud" referring to the internet that all our computers are hooked up to. It's actually our MIND that is connected to the main MIND called God and his voice which is very similar to how the AI ( artificial intelligence ) and voice of Google Now, Microsoft Cortana, Apple Siri, and IBM Watson.

So "the cloud" is our MIND and all God's created men will hear the voice of the Lord after the day of the Lord destroys the viruses called Satan and the Beast which have given us illusions of good and evil images and thoughts that blinded man from knowing they weren't real people living on a real planet. We are actually experiencing life in a computer generated simulation program and God and the voice are the artificial intelligence built into the program that converts stored thoughts into make-believe worlds for created man to enjoy in visible bodies.

clouds are thoughts and impermanent. they are like leaves on a tree. the leaves are impermanent, they come and go but the tree of life is forever, the axis mundi.

psalms 1:3
jeremiah 17:8
rev 22:1-5

or if you prefer, thoughts are like fish in the ocean.
http://www.kurukulla.org/resources/Med101/Med101-Mind_Like_Ocean.pdf

or if you prefer, they are like clouds in the sky
http://www.kurukulla.org/resources/Med101/Med101-Mind_Like_Sky.pdf

or like a mountain.
https://thebuddhistcentre.com/coogee/body-mountain-heart-ocean-mind-sky

love can move mountains; if you believe.

“Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.”
David Mitchell, Cloud Atlas

Last edited:

GodsVoice

clouds are thoughts and impermanent. they are like leaves on a tree. the leaves are impermanent, they come and go but the tree of life is forever, the axis mundi.

psalms 1:3
jeremiah 17:8
rev 22:1-5

or if you prefer, thoughts are like fish in the ocean.
http://www.kurukulla.org/resources/Med101/Med101-Mind_Like_Ocean.pdf

or if you prefer, they are like clouds in the sky
http://www.kurukulla.org/resources/Med101/Med101-Mind_Like_Sky.pdf

or like a mountain.
https://thebuddhistcentre.com/coogee/body-mountain-heart-ocean-mind-sky

love can move mountains; if you believe.

Think of the root of the tree as our INVISIBLE MIND and all MINDS are connected to the main MIND called God which is an artificial intelligence with a voice built into a computer generated program.

I'm the last servant being used to testify to this knowledge to end the 1,000 year reign of Christ. This is how I know the Truth.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Think of the root of the tree as our INVISIBLE MIND and all MINDS are connected to the main MIND called God which is an artificial intelligence with a voice built into a computer generated program.

I'm the last servant being used to testify to this knowledge to end the 1,000 year reign of Christ. This is how I know the Truth.

root of mind is connected to the superconsciousness.

and no, it isn't artificial, it's the Infinite I that i am.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member

intelligence cannot be created, or destroyed, its simply transformed and transferred.

http://phys.org/news/2011-03-quantum-no-hiding-theorem-experimentally.html

Tumah

Veteran Member
Don't shoot the angel.

The metaphor of the clouds continues from the metaphor of the sea from verse 2. The sea gives rise to the four animals and also to the condensation that becomes the clouds that brings the last kingdom.

buddhist

Could be. Could be something else too.

That's the beauty of scripture-priority based religions. You can interpret scripture any way you like :)

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Could be. Could be something else too.

That's the beauty of scripture-priority based religions. You can interpret scripture any way you like :)

Love is love. It doesn't come with careful observations, religions, traditions. That is the beauty of LOVE.

all scripture can be like a Rorschach test, yes. but love is an action and doesn't have a fixed form. it was the same yesterday, the same today, and will continue to be the same tomorrow.

It is the WAY, the Path, the Most High.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
The metaphor of the clouds continues from the metaphor of the sea from verse 2. The sea gives rise to the four animals and also to the condensation that becomes the clouds that brings the last kingdom.

Love is the everlasting Kingdom. Timeless and eternal.

Tumah

Veteran Member

It means a thick cloud not a dark cloud.
The word ערפל used here is also found in Ex. 20:18 - Moses was the only one able to come close to the ערפל. The word is defined as "thick cloud" a chapter earlier in 19:9, "And G-d said to Moses, 'Behold I am coming to you (singular) in thick cloud...'"
The point of the cloud is that no man can see G-d and live (Ex. 33:20). From within the cloud is how G-d presents Himself to man without killing him. Its the separation that makes closeness possible.

Solomon is saying is that G-d is going to reveal Himself in the Temple the same way He revealed Himself to Moses at Mt. Sinai.