• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Coming together of Computer Platforms

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I've been noticing a slow blending of all computer platforms and Operating Systems. Windows can now run on ARM processors. iOS has started having a Windows like file system. Playing Fortnite and using a game development software called Scirra Construct can now be done straight from phones. With the latest Android, I now can download a file meant for my Windows PC and transfer it over to it, using my phone's internet to download it, without corrupting the file, with no special third party software now.

We are also getting closer in hardware. Take a $350 iPad Mini 5th generation for instance. Various statistics like Geekbench show that when you can run apps on either platform, without restrictions, an iPad Mini 5th generation can potentially have the horsepower of a $400-$500 Ryzen 3200G APU system. And the iPad Mini 5th Generation is only half as powerful as the best iPad.

Of course there are still differences. But I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed what I have lately. I know that applications on mobile still favor microtransactions and getting them instead of one bulk payment, but I'm seeing more high end tools and games, that would be hard to split into many microtransactions.

Last edited:

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I've certainly noticed parts of this. For example both Microsoft Windows and Google ChromeOS both now support Linux.

The evolving financial interest of these companies are less oriented around selling operating systems and more in selling services or ads. And that changes behavior.

You shouldn't be surprised. It can be simple. the number of phone users cannot grow as fast as the number of smartphones themselves grows. There is a limit of quantity.
The second is the limit of money. For business, this is a limit on doing business. It is more profitable that one development would work on different platforms than to pay for development for each separate platform. Right?
And besides, remember at what stage of development WAS IT technology 5 years ago and now. These are not comparable things. All modern developments I can describe "it's convenient." This good proof is the portfolio of Outstaffing Software Development Companу - TechStack developments. This is for all areas of business.

Ankit86

Kat, everything is progressing with the passage of time, and in fact, ios are growing along with computers these days. App development is being preferred more now over website development because more than 71% of users are mobile apps and they prefer to surf the internet on the phone over laptop and computers

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Kat, everything is progressing with the passage of time, and in fact, ios are growing along with computers these days. App development is being preferred more now over website development because more than 71% of users are mobile apps and they prefer to surf the internet on the phone over laptop and computers

I am thinking we'll eventually face a time, possibly, where even desktops use ARM. If they do, my own opinion is that it will take 12-15 years... even if some figures are more optimistic.