• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Coming to the Creator

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
so jesus said no one comes to the father except through me.

did jesus literally mean physically through him? or through the idea of I? self? me? myself?

would coming through the infinite I, self, me, myself be in agreement with I AM that I AM? or I will be what I will be?

wouldn't self-realization be the culmination of being whole, or wholesome and not self-contradictory in how one applies rules for self and other as self?

Last edited:

Hermit Philosopher

Selflessly here for you

did jesus literally mean physically through him? or through the idea of I? self? me? myself?

would coming through the infinite I, self, me, myself be in agreement with I AM that I AM? or I will be what I will be?

wouldn't self-realization be the culmination of being whole, or wholesome and not self-contradictory in how one applies rules for self and other as self?

In context of that phrase, Jesus represents an ideal of how to engage with worldliness in order to “come to”/ “live in”/ “know” God.
It means: treat all whom you encounter as Jesus does and you will be living by God’s Will instead of by Man’s. In life and beyond, that is the only way to inner peace (happiness).

Humbly
Hermit

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
In context of that phrase, Jesus represents an ideal of how to engage with worldliness in order to “come to”/ “live in”/ “know” God.
It means: treat all whom you encounter as Jesus does and you will be living by God’s Will instead of by Man’s. In life and beyond, that is the only way to inner peace (happiness).

Humbly
Hermit
so this can't be done by proxy but by first person experience, knowledge, and application through self?

Hermit Philosopher

Selflessly here for you
so this can't be done by proxy but by first person experience, knowledge, and application through self?

Assuming I’ve not missunderstood what you asked, I’d say yes. But just in case; how do you mean…? Do what “by proxy”… have you an example?

Humbly
Hermit

paradox

(㇏(•̀ᵥᵥ•́)ノ)

the meaning is not literal, it means, "trough belief in me" and following my commands.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Assuming I’ve not missunderstood what you asked, I’d say yes. But just in case; how do you mean…? Do what “by proxy”… have you an example?

Humbly
Hermit
some christians see jesus as a proxy. someone who saves them from everything objective to themselves but not subjective to themselves. unlike those who see the outside of themselves as sinful but not necessarily what is going on inside themselves. sometimes the observer isn't aware of themselves in the observation

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
the meaning is not literal, it means, "trough belief in me" and following my commands.
believing someone and acting upon the belief, or puting it into action would be using the example. you wouldn't make the example exceptional unlike a lot of christians who idolize.

so then jesus didn't promote himself above others. he went through himself, myself and discovered that he and the father are one. why would he expect less of anyone else; especially when he made the disciples friends at the end?

brother

Hermit Philosopher

Selflessly here for you
some christians see jesus as a proxy. someone who saves them from everything objective to themselves but not subjective to themselves. unlike those who see the outside of themselves as sinful but not necessarily what is going on inside themselves. sometimes the observer isn't aware of themselves in the observation

Thank you Fool, I think I understand how you mean. You’re thinking of the “dying for Man’s sins” thing, yes?

Firstly, it is a slight misconception to say that God sacrificed Jesus by leaving him to die on the cross. It is more correct to say that God sacrificed Jesus’ innocence (not the antonym to guilt) by incarnating him into human life.

Man is grateful for this huge sacrifice, not because it shall enable him to sin freely (that is untrue), but because it made the sins of Man comprehensible beyond the worldliness that they belong to.

By this is meant the understanding that the sins of Man are due to him being “stuck” in an individual, human perspective - an effect of experiencing being through a separate and limited, physical body.

Through incarnation, Jesus learnt that Man forgets what Divine Will is, because his own will and self-interests are so loud. He learnt that it is easy for Man to be blind to the whole that he is part of and that it is not obvious why sins are sinful, once one has lost sight of that whole.

Man is grateful to Jesus for having learnt such things and thereby opening a path to Divine forgiveness - for our blindness and forgetfulness, not for our continued sinning!

Man is grateful too, not just for what Jesus learnt but above all, for what he taught: that despite it being difficult to keep in mind the whole that one cannot grasp, it is possible to choose to live as though one still knew it is so. Man can live by Divine Will, despite struggling with his own.

Humbly
Hermit

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Who knows what he meant, or if he ever really made this statement?
And the whole question presupposes an unevidenced God, so what are we to make of it?

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Who knows what he meant, or if he ever really made this statement?
And the whole question presupposes an unevidenced God, so what are we to make of it?
there are a couple of billion + people riding on this beast.. ignoring the protagonist is ok but even in fiction ideas can be relevant and obviously believable and practical