• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Coming to a city near you?

Terry Sampson

"In 1935, a well regarded novelist named Sinclair Lewis published a book entitled It Can’t Happen Here. The story concerns a senator who is perceived as a man of, for and by the people. But when elected president, he reveals himself as a dictator and turns the United States into a totalitarian police state."
https://www.fictionalcafe.com/podcast-it-cant-happen-here-by-sinclair-lewis/

"It" can not only happen here, "it" is happening ... in D.C.

Screenshot_2020-06-04 (2).png

Attachments

• New York Times.pdf
    424.1 KB · Views: 0

Nimos

"In 1935, a well regarded novelist named Sinclair Lewis published a book entitled It Can’t Happen Here. The story concerns a senator who is perceived as a man of, for and by the people. But when elected president, he reveals himself as a dictator and turns the United States into a totalitarian police state."

View attachment 40499
Didn't Trump refer to the protesters as being terrorists? So Im surprised he haven't launch a ground assault yet... so he can dominate them!!

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member

View attachment 40499
Look closely at the officers, the masking over their faces...in very subtle black and white, the Flag of the United States either printed on the material or weaved into the fabric...

Eyes to See

This intrigued me. As you left no link for the article you posted I did a duckduckgo search and found a NYTimes article about it. It says they are from the Bureau of Prisons:

The question over the federal law enforcement practices comes as Attorney General William P. Barr has flooded Washington with agents from the F.B.I., the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, the Department of Homeland Security and the Bureau of Prisons — an agency that House Democrats said in a letter to Mr. Barr was responsible for sending the unidentifiable officers.

Mr. Barr on Wednesday night further empowered those teams from the Bureau of Prisons with the authority to make arrests at the demonstrations.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV

Interesting.

Another writer that wrote long ago, about something that is about to happen. George Orwell and Aldous Huxley wrote some books which gave a glimpse in the future. And a while ago I wrote on RF about a man writing in 1984 about "Wuhan Corona virus killing thousands of people". On RF most said "you are too much into conspiracies, there have only be a few cases, so "This cannot be true, as the fiction novel talks about thousands being killed".

I told them "wait and see, time will tell". God is good, not stupid. He gave us brains. If we don't take the hints, it's our fault. But many blame God. Not smart.

For me it's very clear. Some writers are visionairs, and do predict things that are about to happen. Of course not all are very accurate, but they do sound the alarm bells.

Not smart to put them all under conspiracy. Better to take them serious, and do some research to check if there is any indication he might have a point. Those are warning signs, I see as opportunities for humanity to change it's course drastical. God let us create whatever we want. But if people choose stupid, God gives us hints. The wise take them serious.

I think your novelist might be spot on here.

stvdv

It's very interesting.

1935 your novelist warns about a dictator
1948 George Orwell warns for 1984.
1984 another novelist predicts 2020 WuhanCorona

I take it serious. Disaster is coming, unless we act now (but probably too late now). Not easy to stop the rich elite, who have planned all this for decades I think.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Didn't Trump refer to the protesters as being terrorists? So Im surprised he haven't launch a ground assault yet... so he can dominate them!!
Not protesters. Trump threatened to put Antifa on the federal terrorist list.

Twilight Hue

It's very interesting.

1935 your novelist warns about a dictator
1948 George Orwell warns for 1984.
1984 another novelist predicts 2020 WuhanCorona

I take it serious. Disaster is coming, unless we act now (but probably too late now). Not easy to stop the rich elite, who have planned all this for decades I think.
That is one of the more popular conspiracy theories. But I do think there are elements of validity that the 1% elites are conspiring for complete dominance not only over people in general, but entire governments.

Those sci-fi stories about corporations taking over the world? As far as I'm concerned we're headed toward that at an alarming rate.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Unidentified cops, those you can't call out for individual misdeeds are a feature of dictatorships. There's no one individual to blame, there's no one individual to report and there's no one individual to try for a crime he has committed.

It's one more step in trump's attempt to turn the US into a dictatorship.

November may be our last chance to save the USA as a free country. All that love freedom should unite against the current regime in power and vote for regime change.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
All the accounts seem to suggest that's very much what he'd like to do. Hopefully cooler heads are telling him "no" behind the scenes, but I'm genuinely worried it's coming.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
Look closely at the officers, the masking over their faces...in very subtle black and white, the Flag of the United States either printed on the material or weaved into the fabric...
Against the Flag code. I wonder where the "kneeling during the National Anthem DISRESPECTS THE FLAG AND THE TROOPS" types are today?

Terry Sampson

I advocate the arrest of any and all unidentified troops acting outside of federal jurisdiction without prior consultation with and approval of a state's governor or mayor, in the case of the District of Columbia, and let the courts resolve who is and who is not acting within the law.

Last edited:

stvdv

I think D.Trump is just a puppet.

The ones who choose to make him president are the really bad ones. I don't mean the voters of course, they just fell for the "brainwash program", that D.T will make US great again.

The very rich 1% who call all the shots are the bad ones. Corona vaccin will be another shot of them, and next to chip all humans, just like the cats and dogs in my country. They already tried it out in Sweden (on humans).

But humans are well in adapting, so in 1 or 2 decades, all are probably used to this new world order. Proof of this is, to me, that from 1 day to another, "all" accepted Corona lockdown, being brainwashed by the fear campaign of you know Who.

Of course I do hope I see it totally wrong, and D.Trump will be the one guiding us in a new era of Peace. But for now, I have a hard time believing such a Fairy Tale.

Last edited:

Twilight Hue

Unidentified cops, those you can't call out for individual misdeeds are a feature of dictatorships. There's no one individual to blame, there's no one individual to report and there's no one individual to try for a crime he has committed.

November may be our last chance to save the USA as a free country. All that love freedom should unite against the current regime in power and vote for regime change.
The left is just as bad when it comes to freedom.

Frankly I think all the citizenry is screwed in all directions.

Wandering Monk

Regarding the use of Fedarales under the Posse Comitatus Act:

https://openscholarship.wustl.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1576&context=law_lawreview

Another "constitutional" exception to the PCA is described by the Department of Defense regulations based-upon the "inherent right of the U.S. Government ... to ensure the preservation of public order and to carry out governmental operations ... by force, if necessary."".4 The Office of Legal Counsel of the Department of Justice has promulgated a similar view in recognition of the U.S. government's power to protect federal functions.' The power to protect federal functions has been so broadly interpreted, however, that if accepted it would become the exception that swallows the rule. Now-Chief Justice William Rehnquist interpreted this power to extend to any "uniquely federal responsibility" while he was an attorney in the Office of Legal Counsel." 6 However, this exception has yet to be tested in the courts​