• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Coming Out

Leftimies

Dwelling in the Principle
I do have to admit it, I kinda feel like a sellout: I have moved from Confucianism to Zazen Buddhism and plan to remain there. Only problem is that something in my head tells me that its cheap to change, but then again, after learning about all the things related to Buddhism over the course of past few months...for me to not follow what my heart deems as truth would be stupid.

I dunno, I probably wouldn't need to rant about it, but it somehow strangely seems like appropriate thing to do. Its a "Member Announcement" after all. I suppose Confucianism was a brigde between my Judeo-Christian upbringing and the Asian wisdom I personally am drawn towards to, as Confucianism shares quite a bunch of concepts with Abrahamic religions, with obviously some key differences as well. Until this day, it has been hard for me to defeat my anti-Dharmic upbringing, but I think I have to take control over my own spirituality. Its about time to embrace who I really am: the one bright pearl.

After doing zazen over the course of few past months, a whole new world has opened up to me. Buddhism indeed turned out to be quite deep religion, and the only one that can deliver a profound answer to all my questions. Reading Shobogenzo has been a truly rewarding experience, a great piece indeed.

That being said, I should hurry to change certain infos on my profile page :p And, to join a Zazen community officially when i get free time. See ya folks, stay precious! :p

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Shobogenzo. Read scratch head. Sit. Read again. Scratch head. Read again. Ah ha. Scratch head. Sit. Scratch head. Sit. Read again. Get it now. Sit. Scratch head.

Realise suddenly all the hair is gone. Scratch head. Sit. Read again. Scratch head.

:0)

Leftimies

Dwelling in the Principle
Shobogenzo. Read scratch head. Sit. Read again. Scratch head. Read again. Ah ha. Scratch head. Sit. Scratch head. Sit. Read again. Get it now. Sit. Scratch head.

Realise suddenly all the hair is gone. Scratch head. Sit. Read again. Scratch head.

:0)

Ahahaha, rare things are more true than this XD

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
I do have to admit it, I kinda feel like a sellout: I have moved from Confucianism to Zazen Buddhism and plan to remain there. Only problem is that something in my head tells me that its cheap to change, but then again, after learning about all the things related to Buddhism over the course of past few months...for me to not follow what my heart deems as truth would be stupid.

I dunno, I probably wouldn't need to rant about it, but it somehow strangely seems like appropriate thing to do. Its a "Member Announcement" after all. I suppose Confucianism was a brigde between my Judeo-Christian upbringing and the Asian wisdom I personally am drawn towards to, as Confucianism shares quite a bunch of concepts with Abrahamic religions, with obviously some key differences as well. Until this day, it has been hard for me to defeat my anti-Dharmic upbringing, but I think I have to take control over my own spirituality. Its about time to embrace who I really am: the one bright pearl.

After doing zazen over the course of few past months, a whole new world has opened up to me. Buddhism indeed turned out to be quite deep religion, and the only one that can deliver a profound answer to all my questions. Reading Shobogenzo has been a truly rewarding experience, a great piece indeed.

That being said, I should hurry to change certain infos on my profile page :p And, to join a Zazen community officially when i get free time. See ya folks, stay precious! :p

Happy sitting! :meditate: :flower:

Freedomelf

Change is good; stasis is not the way a person grows and expands, spiritually. People grow through change. Faith is a constant process; too few people realize that, and they are the ones who let religion steamroll their soul into something unnatural and unyielding. Enjoy where you are now. Whether you grow within this religion forever or find another one in the future, change will always lead you to greater understanding of yourself. Blessings to you.