• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Coming here and founding a religion

Silicon Prophet

Hello everyone. I am happy to have found this forum. I imagine you probably get a lot of posts like this but for the past ten years, I have been working on founding a religion. Some may say it is nontheistic but I reject the dichotomy, rather I blend the distinction between religion and LARP and myth and fiction and ARG and videogame together in an attempt to create something novel that will be able to work better than existing religions. ***MOD EDIT***

Last edited by a moderator:

danieldemol

Premium Member
Hello everyone. I am happy to have found this forum. I imagine you probably get a lot of posts like this but for the past ten years, I have been working on founding a religion. Some may say it is nontheistic but I reject the dichotomy, rather I blend the distinction between religion and LARP and myth and fiction and ARG and videogame together in an attempt to create something novel that will be able to work better than existing religions. I hope we can all learn from each other here.
Welcome to RF :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Welcome.
"...something novel that will be able to work better than existing religions?" Work better at what?

Q: What is your idea of a religion?

Silicon Prophet

Welcome.
"...something novel that will be able to work better than existing religions?" Work better at what?

Q: What is your idea of a religion?
My idea of a religion is primarily based around them as institutions and as social technologies, not so much on the traditional metaphysical but since I'm an idealist it goes into it at times

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
My idea of a religion is primarily based around them as institutions and as social technologies, not so much on the traditional metaphysical but since I'm an idealist it goes into it at times
Still not following. Of course they're institutions, and what is a "social technology?"

I'm still interested in your concept of a religion. Are they clubs?, social control institutions?, ethical societies? psychotherapy clinics? research institutions?

February-Saturday

Devil Worshiper
Welcome to ReligiousForums! Please pick up your luggage at Gate E and enjoy your stay. Don't forget to check out the local gift shop to pick up some frubals for your friends and family.

Silicon Prophet

Still not following. Of course they're institutions, and what is a "social technology?"

I'm still interested in your concept of a religion. Are they clubs?, social control institutions?, ethical societies? psychotherapy clinics? research institutions?
I see them as being an institution which doesn't quite fall under any of those things you described.

I see the purpose of religion as being a sort of holistic unifying institution that brings everything together in a society. The point is to synchronize institutions together

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Hello everyone. I am happy to have found this forum. I imagine you probably get a lot of posts like this but for the past ten years, I have been working on founding a religion. Some may say it is nontheistic but I reject the dichotomy, rather I blend the distinction between religion and LARP and myth and fiction and ARG and videogame together in an attempt to create something novel that will be able to work better than existing religions. ***MOD EDIT***
Welcome to RF.

I can understand that you like to create your own Religion

I was lucky to "find a Master" in India. He taught me to always "follow God inside"
He also taught "It's good to be born in a Religion, not to die in it", which contains a deep meaning

So, I believe everyone creates "their own Religion" if they follow "their own Conscience"

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
Welcome to the forums :)

I used to want to found my own religion!

But am happy with the pre-made one I've now got

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Welcome to the Forum. A bit confused, 'founding' or 'finding'? Have you gone to a cave for contemplation for 40 days? Before founding a religion, that is sort of obligatory. Every one who founds a religions does that.

Last edited:

Silicon Prophet

Welcome to the Forum. A bit confused, 'founding' or 'finding'? Have you gone to a cave for contemplation for 40 days? Before founding a religion, that is sort of obligatory. Every one who founds a religions does that.

Yes I did do that, metaphorically though since I had trouble finding a proper cave

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
What do you mean? A metaphorical cave may not be enough. You need to go to a forest as Buddha did or a desert as Jesus and Mohammad did. Actual 40 day stay. This is Buddha after his cave sojourn.

Buddha.jpg
Yeah, tough to found a religion, finding is easy. Just go to a religious mall and buy whichever you want.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
What do you mean? A metaphorical cave may not be enough. You need to go to a forest as Buddha did or a desert as Jesus and Mohammad did. Actual 40 day stay. This is Buddha after his cave sojourn.
Most people think lightly about this
confusing
"going for the desert"
with
"going for the dessert"

AND

Most people think lightly about this
confusing
"going forest"
with
"going for rest"

Last edited:

cataway

founding a religion ?? to what end ? do you see your self as some sort of leader?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

Bi there, welcome to RF. Please take a cake or few while waiting for the staff canteen to open, its free...

caption.jpg