• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Coming Apart and Struggling Through Depression

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Hope you are all well.

Here is a site that has a bunch of Buddhist wisdom and articles ...

For a taste -

Although I suffered from severe depression, I didn’t call it that for most of the several years I was in and out of it. I thought depression was for lethargic people who stayed in bed all day. But my pain was as sharp as an ice pick. Restless in the extreme, I paced and paced, looking for a way out. The visible cause was the drawn-out and difficult end of a relationship with a lover. The invisible causes were old griefs and fears and other conditions unknown to me.

It’s taboo to be depressed. When I was feeling really bad, I still went to work, though I was barely functional. If I had had the flu and felt a fraction of the pain I was in, I would have called in sick. But I couldn’t call in “depressed.” One day I threw a whole issue of the magazine I edit into the computer’s trash can, thinking I was saving it. Then I emptied the trash. I had to hire a consultant to look for it in the virtual garbage, and eventually I got most of it back. But it was myself I wanted to throw in the trash.

Read more -

I Want to Tell You About Coming Apart and Struggling Through Depression

Wishing you all the very best!

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
What is depression, Geoff-Allen? I have passed through bad times in my life. I always saw a silver line in a dark cloud.
"Happiness and sorrows are like advent of seasons, they all pass."

Last edited:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I think you have a good shot of combating depression when you know what depression is all about.

Its a natural thing. It's supposed to be there by nature.

In reminiscing and looking back, I like to go, "Boy that was the best depression I've ever had"!

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
1. No. No one is worthless.
2. Why should the world care for me?
3. How, are you (meaning myself) a prophet?