• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Come on, Creationists!

ppp

Despite the constant false refrain from creationists, there is nothing in the Big Bang Theory that either says or implies that the universe came from nothing.

If you, a Young Earth Creationist, were able to demonstrate that the Big Bang Theory was incorrect, and that both Common Descent and the Theory of Evolution by natural selection were impossible, that would do absolutely nothing to demonstrate that there is a god.

There are not enough water molecules on Earth for there to have been a worldwide flood.

If the Earth were 6000 years old, it would be either a blob of molten rock or a cloud of dispersing plasma.

Beware the blue wire.

The speed of light in a vacuum is a constant.

Irreducible complexity is an argument from ignorance.

In science, a law is not a higher level than a theory.

The second law of thermodynamics does not preclude life.

Evolution has been observed.

You are a great ape.

To Serve Man is a cookbook.

Calling you a numbskull is not an ad hominem fallacy. Saying that you are wrong because you are a numbskull is.

Your value as a human being is not a function of your composition.

The animal world is not all tooth and claw.

If you think that ancient peoples did not know that an embryo at the mudghah stage looks like a wad of gum, then you did not grow up on a farm.

Onan's sin is not about masturbation.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
Despite the constant false refrain from creationists, there is nothing in the Big Bang Theory that either says or implies that the universe came from nothing.

If you, a Young Earth Creationist, were able to demonstrate that the Big Bang Theory was incorrect, and that both Common Descent and the Theory of Evolution by natural selection were impossible, that would do absolutely nothing to demonstrate that there is a god.

There are not enough water molecules on Earth for there to have been a worldwide flood.

If the Earth were 6000 years old, it would be either a blob of molten rock or a cloud of dispersing plasma.

Beware the blue wire.

You are a great ape.

Calling you a numbskull is not an ad hominem fallacy. Saying that you are wrong because you are a numbskull is.

If you think that ancient peoples did not know that an embryo at the mudghah stage looks like a wad of gum, then you did not grow up on a farm.

What is it you actually want to discuss here?

Audie

Veteran Member
For sure it's way past time for the creationists to up their game a little.

But

Its impossible.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
For sure it's way past time for the creationists to up their game a little.

But

Its impossible.

Our church upped its game:

"Don’t expect the Old Testament to present a thorough and precise history of humankind. That’s not what the original authors and compilers were trying to create. Their larger concern was to teach something about God—about His plan for His children, about what it means to be His covenant people, and about how to find redemption when we don’t live up to our covenants."

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
I suspect that statement is likely true. But there is, of course, no way to tell. It may be true of some of the stories, and not true of others.
Thank you. On that note, can we end this? I've made progress and I don't want this to go endlessly.

Audie

Veteran Member
Our church upped its game:

"Don’t expect the Old Testament to present a thorough and precise history of humankind. That’s not what the original authors and compilers were trying to create. Their larger concern was to teach something about God—about His plan for His children, about what it means to be His covenant people, and about how to find redemption when we don’t live up to our covenants."

Larger concern than the facts.
Interesting

Youd think the Master of the Universe could
do both.

Reactions: ppp

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member

Beware the blue wire.

You are a great ape.

The SLoT does not preclude evolution. If it did, then that means it would also preclude life.

I am a fantastic ape. Darned near the finest.

Love that book.

What about the blue wire?

With inflation, the value of the chemical composition of a body has gone up.

Reactions: ppp

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
The SLoT does not preclude evolution. If it did, then that means it would also preclude life.

Love that book.

I too am concerned about the blue wire. All this time I was suspicious of the red one.

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member
I too am concerned about the blue wire. All this time I was suspicious of the red one.
And what about the vessel with the pestle?

I have been suspicious of that blue wire for some time. Shocking, I know.

ppp

Love that book.

You are an impeccable ape. All of the lesser apes want to be you. ;)

"Beware the Blue Wire" is a quote from "Hudson Hawk" A movie that I only recommend to people who already love it.