• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Come fly with me

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
My journey was going OK until I landed in China, I only had 2 hours to catch my next flight, China will not allow luggage to be checked all the way through so I had to collect my luggage and then go though the process of checking in again.

So all the passengers coming off the plane into 2 groups, Chinese in one and foreigners in the other, ok so far.

Next we were told to wait behind a yellow line until a fingerprint machine was available,the machine tells you what to do, left hand fingers, right and thumbs, never had this done before so a bit bemused, anyway the machine gives a ticket which I was told to take to the next desk, I tried to explain about my next flight but was told to go to the next desk.

I and the other passengers went through this process another 3 times, there were two types of security, well different uniforms,the more police looking uniformed officer double checked everything the other did and then stared at my passport and then me.

A young guy came over to me with a list of names, he gestured to look at it, my name was at the top, he said to follow him, I thought "oh **** I'm off to a Chinese gulag", actually though he was great, he made sure I got my luggage but we only just made the flight.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Now I'm in new Zealand and after meeting friends at the pub in the little nearby town and some Tui beer I fell into a coma but now I'm awake I feel like it's 4.30 am not 4.30pm which it is here, going to take a week at least to get into the swing.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Now I'm in new Zealand and after meeting friends at the pub in the little nearby town and some Tui beer I fell into a coma but now I'm awake I feel like it's 4.30 am not 4.30pm which it is here, going to take a week at least to get into the swing.

Man, all this just to see where Hobbits come from? :p

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
So I'm in New Zealand and have become re aquainted with the lingo and way of life,had an epic xmas and met some new friends.

I have come to realize that a hot spa in the morning is the way to start the day followed by a good breakfast and coffee.

I recently caught a blue Moki fish,hard to catch apparently but it was delicious,I have managed to dodge 3 hunting trips blaming an old injury,tramping around the bush looking for Bambi isn't on my "to do" list.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
We had some calves given to us a few weeks before Xmas so I was up early feeding them milk every morning,not much bigger than a dog,a bit product of the dairy industry,there's so many in the fields here,seems a lot of misery for milk and cheese products.