• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Combining two faiths

Evenstar

The Wicked Christian
I was wondering how other Christian/Wiccans go about combining both faiths?
Personally when I started it seemed so difficult, but I think it was more hard by peoples views. There seemed to be brick walls.​
Now it's all falling into place, Wiccan is not that far off of what Jesus taught. Your thoughts?

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
I had my doubts also. My wife is more Wiccan, I'm more Christian. A hard headed one at that. But as Rebecca said, the more I read the more I find out that Wiccan is not that far removed from Christ's teaching. Sometimes I wonder if God shakes his head in disbelief at the way some people describe his will. 1st Corinthians, Chapter 13. If I could give Paul Frubals, I WOULD! :D

Fluffy

A fool
I'm just pleased I was of some use, Evenstar :).

One of the most important part of religion, to me, is ethics. Therefore, my take on Christian Wicca is inevitably ethic centered with what I see as the leading moral in each religion, Love All and Harm None, respectively, fusing and a taking the role of a base upon which all of the rest is built. I personally find the beauty of the two expressed perfectly in this combination, either half seeming incomplete and empty without its counterpart.

I identify with Jesus as the god and the goddess as merely the goddess. Beforehand, before Christianity became a part of my life that is, my religion was totally centered around the goddess since I could not empathise with what I viewed as the god at that time. Jesus allowed me to do this and brought balance to the partnership. This was one of the biggest changes for me because whereas before there was just a gap where I felt a diety should be, it is now filled. It feels like I have completed another piece of a puzzle.

The principle religious texts, for me, are the Gospels and the Rede of the Wiccae although I hold both with an equal amount of criticism. For me, the writings of others are a guide and only one interpretation of a given path. I take the bits that either feel neccessary to me emotionally or are logically congruous with the rest of my path.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Fluffy said:
I'm just pleased I was of some use, Evenstar :).

One of the most important part of religion, to me, is ethics. Therefore, my take on Christian Wicca is inevitably ethic centered with what I see as the leading moral in each religion, Love All and Harm None, respectively, fusing and a taking the role of a base upon which all of the rest is built. I personally find the beauty of the two expressed perfectly in this combination, either half seeming incomplete and empty without its counterpart.

I identify with Jesus as the god and the goddess as merely the goddess. Beforehand, before Christianity became a part of my life that is, my religion was totally centered around the goddess since I could not empathise with what I viewed as the god at that time. Jesus allowed me to do this and brought balance to the partnership. This was one of the biggest changes for me because whereas before there was just a gap where I felt a diety should be, it is now filled. It feels like I have completed another piece of a puzzle.

The principle religious texts, for me, are the Gospels and the Rede of the Wiccae although I hold both with an equal amount of criticism. For me, the writings of others are a guide and only one interpretation of a given path. I take the bits that either feel neccessary to me emotionally or are logically congruous with the rest of my path.
I'm begining to feel like I used to be when I first joined - a pantheist.

I do believe in Jesus Christ, there is a lot of Buddhism I can take on board; some hinduism, and wicca. Heck, I'm a religious mongrel..:D

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
michel said:
I'm begining to feel like I used to be when I first joined - a pantheist.

I do believe in Jesus Christ, there is a lot of Buddhism I can take on board; some hinduism, and wicca. Heck, I'm a religious mongrel..:D
I've always found that mongrels to have more character. ;)

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
Fluffy, funny you should say that about Jesus. Rebecca cannot picture God, but can picture Jesus as God, which, in a way, is the same.

Fluffy

A fool
It is disturbing the Great Balance in my opinion.
What is the Great Balance and how is Christian Wicca upsetting it? I don't wish to debate the point since this isn't a debate forum but I am curious :).

Mike182

Flaming Queer
Fluffy said:
What is the Great Balance and how is Christian Wicca upsetting it? I don't wish to debate the point since this isn't a debate forum but I am curious :).
hehe, the post came from a "christian/budhist"

budhism can have a big place in christian wiccan lol, so i don't think we few, we merry few, have upset the cosmic scales any more than he has, and i don't think he upset them in the teeniest way :rolleyes:

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
jgallandt said:
Fluffy, funny you should say that about Jesus. Rebecca cannot picture God, but can picture Jesus as God, which, in a way, is the same.
Jeff,
I don't think I've ever seen anyone change his religion on this forum as often as you have. I've actually lost track of what you've been so far. Christian, Christian Wiccan, Heinz 56, Shopping Cart. You've got to settle down there, fella! :D

Mike182

Flaming Queer
FFH said:
Using magic or witchcraft to heal is real. Satan has power. Jesus is definitely not involved in this one.
i am reading three statements, that have simply been left for interpritation, could you please explain what the point is you are trying to make

Mike182

Flaming Queer
FFH said:
Combining Satanism with Christianity does not work. Either you will cling to one or the other. No man can serve two masters. Either we will draw upon Satan's power or the power of Jesus Christ and the Father.
i agree, satanism (as far as i know) draws on the idea that only ones self is worthy of praise, and this is a contradiction of christianity

this is, however, not a sub forum for people combining christianity with satanism, rather, combining christianity with a form of paganism - very big difference :rolleyes:

Pardus

Proud to be a Sinner.
I agree with the first two things, but the involvement of jesus as the spiritual entity is something i can't be sure of (i don't believe it's the man, just when you put enough energy into a concept it takes life).

Fluffy

A fool
Combining Satanism with Christianity does not work. Either you will cling to one or the other. No man can serve two masters. Either we will draw upon Satan's power or the power of Jesus Christ and the Father.
I realise that you were answering another members question but please remember that this is an individual religion forum and your original post wasn't really ontopic nor allowed under the rules if you were implying that witchcraft=Satanism. Thankyou.