• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Colossians 1:16 Jesus the Almighty, [John 1:3, Jesus is God incarnated

ZenMonkey

St. James VII
John 1:3

Colossians 1:16

These verses are clearly saying that Jesus, the Lord, is the God whom all things were created, so forth. It's quite obvious.
Hebrews 1:8.

So, in a direct reading, not [whatever non direct argument your church makes, if you as a christian don't believe this, then what is your argument?

If there is only one Lord of Christians, believers, then

2 Corinthians 6:18
Has to mean Jesus.
'Lord Almighty'

If you don't believe this, how do you reconcile the direct words.
We're talking about direct words, here, however if you have some other argument, that's fine.

Agape! Shalom...

Us ... to put it simply ... as in everyone. It's about character and what we're about, what we stand for or fall for. It's about growing in wisdom, understanding and stature. It's about human life. What it isn't is all about Jesus.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Us ... to put it simply ... as in everyone. It's about character and what we're about, what we stand for or fall for. It's about growing in wisdom, understanding and stature. It's about human life. What it isn't is all about Jesus.

I believe this is the context of Col. 1:16 13 He has delivered us from the domain of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of his beloved Son. 14 in whom .....

John 1:3

Colossians 1:16

These verses are clearly saying that Jesus, the Lord, is the God whom all things were created, so forth. It's quite obvious.
Hebrews 1:8.

So, in a direct reading, not [whatever non direct argument your church makes, if you as a christian don't believe this, then what is your argument?

Has to mean Jesus.
'Lord Almighty'

If you don't believe this, how do you reconcile the direct words.
We're talking about direct words, here, however if you have some other argument, that's fine.

Agape! Shalom...

We're not talking about direct words, we're talking about YOUR opinion on the words. BIG difference there. What's quite obvious is that the verses in Colossians 1:15 associate Jesus with acts of creation, showing that Jesus himself was created by God. That makes him NOT God. The term "almighty" in scripture is only used in reference to God himself (YHVH, Yahweh, Jehovah, etc...) and is never applied to Jesus. As a mighty spirit creature, Jesus fits the term of "Mighty God" as Isaiah refers to him, but not the "Almighty".

Crosstian

Baring the Cross
... associate Jesus with ... the "Almighty".
Who is this in this verse? The Person/Being of the Father, Son or Holy Ghost/Spirit?

Gen 17:1 And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect.

...So, in a direct reading, not [whatever non direct argument your church makes, if you as a christian don't believe this, then what is your argument?

Has to mean Jesus.
'Lord Almighty'

But, how do you read directly these:

This is eternal life, that they should know you, the only true God, and him whom you sent, Jesus Christ.
John 17:3

the Father is greater than I.
John 14:28

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,
1 Timothy 2:5

I think nothing from Bible should be ignored. I have understood the reason why Jesus has been called God is this:

Most assuredly I tell you, he who receives whomever I send, receives me; and he who receives me, receives him who sent me."
John 13:20

Jesus represents God on earth, he acts in the name of God, that is why he has been called God on earth. But still, he is “only” the image of God, as the Bible tells:

in whom we have our redemption, the forgiveness of our sins; who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation.
Colossians 1:14

Who is this in this verse? The Person/Being of the Father, Son or Holy Ghost/Spirit?

Gen 17:1 And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect.

Why do people like to go by such antiquated and poorly done translations like that? Nobody talks with "thou" and all that garbage.

Crosstian

Baring the Cross
Why do people like to go by such antiquated and poorly done translations like that? Nobody talks with "thou" and all that garbage.
Thanks for taking the time to respond, but that response is far afield of an answer to the question designed that people might have understanding.

However, to answer your question, here's why (an entire playlist for you):

If you do not like video, perhaps you like to read, see section "The preserved word of God (Psalms 12:6-7) in the English language – The King James Bible (KJB) – AV1611 – Vindicated Files (PDF & Powerpoint):":

or this tool, may be of assistance to you: Power Tools (For where the word of a King is, there is power)

"Thou", "thee", is not used for modernity (which btw is still used in modernity, even in movies, books, etc), it is used, in matter of correct grammar, depending on first person, second person, third person, plural and singular. Even the letter to the readers of the King James Bible by the translators reads differently than the scripture. God is specific and the translators were faithful to that.

Now, back to the question, and intent of the OP (do not expect me to continue any further in this thread about the "thees and thous"):

Shouldn't be a difficult question, for anyone capable of just reading the chapter.

Thanks for taking the time to respond, but that response is far afield of an answer to the question designed that people might have understanding.

However, to answer your question, here's why (an entire playlist for you):

If you do not like video, perhaps you like to read, see section "The preserved word of God (Psalms 12:6-7) in the English language – The King James Bible (KJB) – AV1611 – Vindicated Files (PDF & Powerpoint):":

or this tool, may be of assistance to you: Power Tools (For where the word of a King is, there is power)

"Thou", "thee", is not used for modernity (which btw is still used in modernity, even in movies, books, etc), it is used, in matter of correct grammar, depending on first person, second person, third person, plural and singular. Even the letter to the readers of the King James Bible by the translators reads differently than the scripture. God is specific and the translators were faithful to that.

Now, back to the question, and intent of the OP (do not expect me to continue any further in this thread about the "thees and thous"):

Shouldn't be a difficult question, for anyone capable of just reading the chapter.

It sure wasn't Jesus, nor was it God. It was an angelic representative of God. How/why? Because as John 1:18 states "No man has seen God at any time....".

101G

We're not talking about direct words, we're talking about YOUR opinion on the words. BIG difference there. What's quite obvious is that the verses in Colossians 1:15 associate Jesus with acts of creation, showing that Jesus himself was created by God. That makes him NOT God. The term "almighty" in scripture is only used in reference to God himself (YHVH, Yahweh, Jehovah, etc...) and is never applied to Jesus. As a mighty spirit creature, Jesus fits the term of "Mighty God" as Isaiah refers to him, but not the "Almighty".
GINOLJC, to all.
if the same Jesus in Colossians 1:15 is the same Jesus in John 1:3, who is in flesh, because in "Flesh" is the Image of God to come in. so, if the same Jesus in Colossians 1:15, is the same Jesus in John 1:, then he's not "CREATED", because the One in John 1:3 is the same one in Isaiah 44:24, or else one have two "CREATORS", and that's anti Bible.

so if you will, reconcile John 1:3 and Isaiah 44:24 as to who "made all things".. and please note, in Isaiah 44:24 the one there was "ALONE", and "BY HIMSEL", so he didn't go through anyone.

also as to the term "ALMIGHTY" it is applied to the "Lord" as well as the "LORD". supportive Scripture, Revelation 1:8 "I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty."

PICJAG.