• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Colors of the 4 seasons of the (spiritual) heart.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I found this teaching from within Sufism to be truly eye opening to me.
Would you like to coment on it or give your understanding of the text?

Link: Colours and the 4 Seasons in the Levels of the Heart

Do you feel esoteric tealike this is to "out there" ?

1. First Station – Qalb (Heart) – Yellow represents Summer

[First station of the heart, Qalb is yellow and represents the season of summer]. Yellow has the reality of the height of life and the excitement of life.

2. Second Station – Sir (Secret) – Red represents Fall

You go from the season of summer to red [2nd Station Sir]. The importance of red becomes the understanding of fall. That in the height of life, the coming of fall is a preparation for nature in the state of death. So whether it’s one day or one year, or cycle of life, Divine is teaching you it’s all the same. Everything is moving within that same reality that: from summer time, everybody is happy, that is a season of one year. Then you come to fall; as soon as things become red, it’s showing us it’s preparing for death. Red is symbolic with war, with death, with the process of dying.

Then through this hourglass, you are going to pass the black. Black is a state of no colour, no more existence, because the understanding of colours is that you see only what element was reflected out; the rest is absorbed in. You see yellow, yellow is what is left out; the rest of the colour spectrum went in. So that is the understanding of colours. But when you get to black everything went in. For us that means the state of death, that that is the time of non-existence. So in the reality of the season, from fall coming to winter, there is a secret of death.

3. Third Station – Sir Sir (Secret of Secrets) – White represents Winter

Then come into the white, and the reality of white has to do with the preservation of life. The Divine is teaching us that winter is a state of preserving. We are trying to understand ourselves, so the Divine begins to teach to, ‘Look upon the horizon and look upon yourself.’

سَنُرِ‌يهِمْ آيَاتِنَا فِي الْآفَاقِ وَفِي أَنفُسِهِمْ حَتَّىٰ يَتَبَيَّنَ لَهُمْ أَنَّهُ الْحَقُّ ۗ … ٥٣
41:53 – “Sanureehim ayatina fil afaqi wa fee anfusihim hatta yatabayyana lahum annahu alhaqqu, …” (Surat Al Isra)

“We will show them Our signs in the horizons and within themselves until it becomes clear to them that it is the truth…” (The Night Journey 41:53)

Don’t think that I can’t preserve you and resurrect you; I’m doing it all around. Look at your summer, you are enjoying yourself; all of a sudden fall, all the trees are turning red and they are dying. They enter the state of death and by winter they are in a preservation.

يُخْرِجُ الْحَيَّ مِنَ الْمَيِّتِ وَيُخْرِجُ الْمَيِّتَ مِنَ الْحَيِّ وَيُحْيِي الْأَرْضَ بَعْدَ مَوْتِهَا ۚ وَكَذَٰلِكَ تُخْرَجُونَ ﴿١٩
30:19 – “Yukhriju alhayya mina almayyitiwayukhriju almayyita mina alhayyi wayuhyee al-ardabaAAda mawtiha wakathalika tukhrajoon.” (Surah Ar Rum)

“It is He Who brings out the living from the dead, and brings out the dead from the living, and Who revives the earth and Gives it life after it is dead: and thus will you be brought out (from the dead/Resurrected). (Holy Quran, The Romans 30:19)

So white is to preserve; white is symbolic of that once you are in the state of death and the purity of death. That’s why all of our eastern traditions is white. Means you passed the death and now you’re in the ritual purity of white. So many traditions, they bury with white because you are like in a heavenly state.

4. Fourth Station – Khafa (Hidden) – Green represents Spring

Then Divine is showing that from the white you move to the green because in nature, as soon as winter snow goes, means comes now spring. From those same trees come now the next colour, green [representing] Spring [4th Station of Khafa].

Spring is the reality of resurrection, that the rains of April and the reality of spring, is Divine shows that with that Divinely water that falls from the sky, everything is resurrected. So then the plant, the trees that look like they were dead to us before, they are resurrected with these lights.

36:33 – “Wa ayatun lahumul ardul maytatu ahyaynaha wa akhrajna minha habban faminhu yakuloon.” (Surah YaSeen) Wa ayatun lahumul ardul maytatu ahyaynaha wa akhrajna minha habban faminhu yakuloon.” (Surah YaSeen)

A Sign for them is the earth that is dead: We do give it life, and produce grain from it, of which you do eat.” (Holy Quran, YaSeen 36:33)

Then again from spring, towards the reality of summer. Means then the colours have a tremendous importance for us. Many understandings of the yellow have to do with the significance of knowledge, the height of the material life. Red have to do with the struggling and the state of death, the state of warfare, the state of struggling against yourself.

5. Fifth Station – Akhfa (Most Hidden) – Black represents State of Dead & Annihilation

[Black is a colour which absorbs everything because colours are what reflect back to you. The green is what didn’t absorb and reflects back to your eye. The black, it absorbs everything. It is the reality and station of Fana, station of annihilation in the divinely presence.]

Black has to do with the state of annihilation, that if you died and annihilated yourself, you shouldn’t be having an existence, you shouldn’t be reflecting anything of yourself, of your character, of your personality. Then the black, is being the highest point; means that the highest point is to enter into the Divine with no characteristic, with no identity, to be nothing, to be annihilated in Divinely Presence.

pearl

Living in New England its natural to appreciate the 4 seasons, especially the appearance of the black deadness of winter and new life bursting forth in spring.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I think its beautiful. :)

It hints to me of reincarnation(I know this isn't a Sufi belief, but this is what I took from the examples), specifically this piece:
Don’t think that I can’t preserve you and resurrect you; I’m doing it all around. Look at your summer, you are enjoying yourself; all of a sudden fall, all the trees are turning red and they are dying. They enter the state of death and by winter they are in a preservation.

يُخْرِجُ الْحَيَّ مِنَ الْمَيِّتِ وَيُخْرِجُ الْمَيِّتَ مِنَ الْحَيِّ وَيُحْيِي الْأَرْضَ بَعْدَ مَوْتِهَا ۚ وَكَذَٰلِكَ تُخْرَجُونَ ﴿١٩
30:19 – “Yukhriju alhayya mina almayyitiwayukhriju almayyita mina alhayyi wayuhyee al-ardabaAAda mawtiha wakathalika tukhrajoon.” (Surah Ar Rum)

“It is He Who brings out the living from the dead, and brings out the dead from the living, and Who revives the earth and Gives it life after it is dead: and thus will you be brought out (from the dead/Resurrected). (Holy Quran, The Romans 30:19)

And this seems quite similar to the Hindu idea of Moksha:

Black has to do with the state of annihilation, that if you died and annihilated yourself, you shouldn’t be having an existence, you shouldn’t be reflecting anything of yourself, of your character, of your personality. Then the black, is being the highest point; means that the highest point is to enter into the Divine with no characteristic, with no identity, to be nothing, to be annihilated in Divinely Presence.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I think its beautiful. :)

It hints to me of reincarnation(I know this isn't a Sufi belief, but this is what I took from the examples), specifically this piece:

And this seems quite similar to the Hindu idea of Moksha:
In my study of sufism i have not directly come across reincarnation as a word or term used, but a form of it may exist within sufism too :)

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
In my study of sufism i have not directly come across reincarnation as a word or term used, but a form of it may exist within sufism too :)

I did a quick search on it... from what I gathered(and I could be incorrect), it seems some Sufis do believe in some form of it, and others don't.

I like a faith that gives you options. :D

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I did a quick search on it... from what I gathered(and I could be incorrect), it seems some Sufis do believe in some form of it, and others don't.

I like a faith that gives you options. :D
You may have come across similar info as I did :)
As a former Buddhist reincarnation is not unfamiliar to me as a belief.

1. First Station – Qalb (Heart) – Yellow represents Summer

[First station of the heart, Qalb is yellow and represents the season of summer]. Yellow has the reality of the height of life and the excitement of life.
Yellow is also caution. The seasons have no logical interpretation to them. They are designed for wildlife and weather control in implementation of great conditions for prosperity of harvest, crops, and enjoyment of fellowship. The seasons serve that purpose and that purpose only. Good moods come from good moments and bad moods come from troubles. The seasons have nothing to do with these things.