• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Colored tattoos on dark skin

Comicaze247

See the previous line
I'm thinking of getting a colored tattoo in between my shoulder blades. One thing I'm concerned about is that I have fairly dark skin. Actually it can't seem to make up its mind. I'm half Chinese, half Filipino, so I can go from really light yellow to really dark brown. So I have a couple questions:

1) Because of my varying skin tone, will that cause the colors of my tattoo to change as my skin tone changes?

2) How well will yellow show up on my skin when it's more tanned? (you can look at my pictures in my profile for a reference)

3) How well will yellow show up on my skin when it's less tanned?

4) Does getting a tattoo over the spine hurt more? lol

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
Don't know about color in regards to your skin tone, but I recall hearing that yellow in general doesn't take well.

My room-mate just got a wolf tattoo between his shoulder blades and said it hurt like heck. But he is a bit of a whimp. :p

Vendetta

"Oscar the grouch"
I'm African American and have many tattoos. Regardless of skin tone (unless you're so dark you're indigo ) the color of the ink stays the same. Maybe the color of the tattoo looks different due to the contrast of the color of the tattoo and the variation of your skin tone but it doesn't do anythin to the ink.

Comicaze247

See the previous line
I'm African American and have many tattoos. Regardless of skin tone (unless you're so dark you're indigo ) the color of the ink stays the same. Maybe the color of the tattoo looks different due to the contrast of the color of the tattoo and the variation of your skin tone but it doesn't do anythin to the ink.
So in your experience, does yellow show up better or worse on darker skin?

Vendetta

"Oscar the grouch"
So in your experience, does yellow show up better or worse on darker skin?

Well my skin is brown so the contrast shows up good. Your skin is a shade more fair than mine and so it probably would however if I were you, I would consult a tattoo artist. Its hard to say since you say your skin tone changes.

I don't know about color combination, but I love creating tattoos. I am also crazy about tattoos. look sexy.......

Last edited: