• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Color Your Religion

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
If you had to pick a color for your religion, what would it be? Why?

Mine is, of course, saffron. In my understanding it's considered in Hinduism to be an austere color associated with sunrise and sunset they cycle of rebirth, fire, health, courage, and sacrifice.

For me personally, I just find a sense of pleasantness, calm, peace, and serenity in the color.

RestlessSoul

Saffron is a nice colour. And the title of a nice little song by Donovan.

Catholic and Anglican priests vestments alter with the liturgical calendar, from green to white to purple mostly, and sometimes red or black on days commemorating pain or mourning. So I’d go with a rainbow for Christianity

I've always had a strong attachment to deep blues and have kind of felt that path I'm on relates to that in a variety of ways. Other than that considering I do a lot of Hindu and Buddhist practices in terms of meditation and Bhakti I suppose saffron would be a close second. That and it looks really pretty when next to the deep blues.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
rainbow1.jpg
blending into white.

Secret Chief

Stiff Member

Mine is, of course, saffron. In my understanding it's considered in Hinduism to be an austere color associated with sunrise and sunset they cycle of rebirth, fire, health, courage, and sacrifice.

For me personally, I just find a sense of pleasantness, calm, peace, and serenity in the color.
Grey, so I can look like a monk without changing anything.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member

Forest greens, and olives. With maybe a touch of ochre red.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member

emerald green because it is the center of the spectrum and represents the heart chakra

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Every tone of brilliant color, from the deepest blacks to the purest whites, complimented heavily and most notably by every shade in between.

chinu

chinu

Let me also tell you the another importance of Saffron colour.

- Saffron is also the colour of caramelized suger. Caramelizing sugar is a term most often applied to melting sugar until it becomes a caramel colour liquid.

- Saffron is also the colour of some ripe fruits.

- Saffron is also the colour of Kundan. Gold turns into Kundan when heated to certain extent.

Similarly, onto the path of spiritualism — there comes a stage when the colour of soul get caramelised/Saffron.

Ella S.

*temp banned*
For Utilitarianism, I think I would pick forest green. Green is associated with fertility, abundance, and nature which makes its symbolism overlap with the naturalism of Utilitarianism and its goals to promote the thriving of life. It would also serve to de-stigmatize Utilitarianism as a cold and callous philosophy when many Utilitarians are quite warm and compassionate. (Not me, though, I fit the stereotype.)

Another possible color could be blue. In the West, where Utilitarianism originates, we frequently have a defensive "blue" team and an offensive "red" team in a variety of contexts. Blue has come to symbolize cooperation to contrast red's association with competition. I think it makes sense for a philosophy that emphasizes the greater good for the whole of humanity. Blue has also come to symbolize the working class, which is responsible for a large portion of society's Utility.

I slightly disfavor blue because there is no particular shade of blue that I can think of that would have stronger Utilitarian implications. Perhaps "Liberty blue" due to the emphasis that John Stuart Mill placed on the importance of liberty in his foundational works on Utilitarianism.

Vinidra

Jai Mata Di!
I think a sort of soft blue would work for me. I know red is usually associated with Shaktism, but I say blue because I find my religion to be very calming for me as a person, just like blue generally is.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Mood ring color. Changes all the time.