• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Color Magic

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
niceguy said:
Wouldn't you feel odd if you wake up one morning just to see the ground outside covered in a layer of pink snow? :D
As long as it isn't yellow ... :rolleyes:

:bonk: Sorry , but I had to say that . :)

Prima

Astonishing results may be obtained in using the color orange to treat mental illness, depressions, discontent and pessimism.
I have mental illnesses, but I hate orange, so I guess I'm out of luck :D

Prima

Maybe the fact that you avoid looking at the color orange has something to do with why you are off balance
Or perhaps it has more to do with the fact that a mental illness is, indeed, an illness that is a result of a chemical imbalance in the brain.

I think colors can promote or discourage things, but they're not strong enough to do things unless it's only that color...for example, if you were in a room with only one color, it might be able to do a lot more, but as is, colors themselves can't do that much.

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
I have often wondered if we see the same colour when we talk about them . I mean , when I see orange , do I see the same orange as you do ? { whoever is reading this } :)

I have heard that the Romans had no word for the colour green . { I believe it was green ? } . That they described it as shades of other colours . There is a First Nation near here who had no word for another basic colour , I don't recall which .

And why is it that men only have about eight colours total , and women have thousands ? Peach is not a colour . It is a fruit . ;)

EnhancedSpirit

High Priestess
kreeden said:
I have often wondered if we see the same colour when we talk about them . I mean , when I see orange , do I see the same orange as you do ? { whoever is reading this } :)

I have heard that the Romans had no word for the colour green . { I believe it was green ? } . That they described it as shades of other colours . There is a First Nation near here who had no word for another basic colour , I don't recall which .

And why is it that men only have about eight colours total , and women have thousands ? Peach is not a colour . It is a fruit . ;)
This is a topic in philosophy. And I too wonder if my blue sky is the same as your blue sky.

My brother was partially color blind. He and my sister were in a arguement for 30 minutes one night she accused him of lying about having her green sweater, he said he had a red sweater but no green one. She found her sweater in her room and said what is this? He said it's a red sweater. I thought her head was going to pop off when it occured to her that she had been argueing with someone who was color blind.

My ex- was color blind, one day he had all the clothes out of the closet and was rearranging them. As he started putting them back in, I asked how he was organizing them he said by color. But 3 of his colors are shades of gray(blue, purple, red), so to me the closet looked like a jumbled mess.

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
So ? That is why you type in colour ES ? ;) Just joking .

Yes , it is a philosophical topic , but then so is religion . But it does make a person wonder . I mean , how could a people not have a word for the colour green ?

EnhancedSpirit

High Priestess
kreeden said:

Yes , it is a philosophical topic , but then so is religion . But it does make a person wonder . I mean , how could a people not have a word for the colour green ?
Actually there are several reasons why I type in color. One is because I want to be heard, and if my posts are in color they will catch the attention of others. And it's easier on the eyes to read in blocks of colors. I don't want people to get lost in my long posts, I want people to be able to view my posts like a picture.:D

niceguy

kreeden said:

I do not know the answer to that one but I do know that there where no word for the color black in the olden times, not in my area of the world. Instead they consider both black to be variants of blue. This could be a similar situation here.

Slightly off topic but I remembers something odd I one's heard on the radio when suddenly switching channels. I ended up in an "ask the expert" type phone in questions program. I had missed the actual question but I deducted from what the "expert" said that he was trying to describe what colors are to a blind person. That was a rather interesting topic to hear actually.

A little science: Total color blindness (black and white sight) are rather rare but red/green color blindness (don't see the difference) are more common. I don't have the time to look up exact statistics right now but these should be reasonably easy to find.

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
Yea , I kinda figured that ES . :)

That is interesting Niceguy . Both that you didn't have a word for black , and what is colour to a blind person ???

BTW , I think that I'm the one who kinda got us off topic . :) But my point for doing so is to ask if cultures and different people see colour in so many different ways , then it is kinda hard to say that this colour means this .... it may to most , but not to all .

Unedited

kreeden said:
I have heard that the Romans had no word for the colour green.
Maybe I have something in common with the Romans. I usually see something Green as being either Yellow, Blue, or Black, depending on it's shade. Most people can understand the Yellow and Blue, but not as much the Black. That makes me wonder if I see Black a lot differently. I mean, I know Black from "Green," but it's the same difference to me as Light Blue and Dark Blue. I do a similiar thing with Red and Purple. Red is either Orange or 'Crimson,' which I usually call just Red. But then Purple is either Blue or Crimson. Which means I usually call Purple and Pink things Red.

I've been tested for colorblindness, but I think it's just that someone cruel taught me my colors. Probably my grandfather.

EnhancedSpirit

High Priestess
In this picture the red squares apear to be different shades of red:
scstrpe1.gif

Below you see a circle of blue-violettish (=magenta) patches, one of which briefly disappears, circling around.

Let your gaze rest on the central fixation cross, but observe with your “inner eye” the patches just when they disappear. With good fixation, you should see a strong greenish colour whenever the violet patch has disappeared.

When you are fixating well, after a few cycles you will actually see a rotating green spot! If your gaze is really steady, the magenta patches will disappear, leaving only a rotating green spot!
2005_2a.gif

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
Cool . :) The green dot eat all of the pink dots ... { told you that men only have about eight colours ;) }

Hadn't seen that one before ES . :) Not sure what you are getting at , but I liked it . BTW , is it me , or does the green dot also speed up ?

Prima

I don't see the point of that either, even though it was cool.

Although, from that, you can see that colors are very subjective. Which means that since I hate orange, I could look at it next to certain other colors, and I would still be seeing orange, but it would not appear orange, and it would cure me of my mental illnesses? We had to study things like that in my comm1 class.

Kreeden, I didn't see it speed up, although for me the circle of dots got bigger. Pretty crazy! :D

EnhancedSpirit

High Priestess
Prima said:
I don't see the point of that either, even though it was cool.

Although, from that, you can see that colors are very subjective. Which means that since I hate orange, I could look at it next to certain other colors, and I would still be seeing orange, but it would not appear orange, and it would cure me of my mental illnesses? We had to study things like that in my comm1 class.

Kreeden, I didn't see it speed up, although for me the circle of dots got bigger. Pretty crazy! :D
No we had gone slightly off topic with color blindness, and perception. Sorry, how are you feeling today Prima? Are you having a good day?

Draka

Wonder Woman
Wow! I am off of here for a little while and come back and see this thread has taken off pretty well. Hadn't expected that.

Enhanced Spirit thank you for your contributions with the topic of color healing. Very informative.