• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

COL 2:16 And The Sabbath - Are You Being Told The Truth?

3rdAngel

This does not adequately address my point.

It does not need to because I was never saying what you were claiming in your post. You were trying to make a strawman argment no one was making and it was you who avoided addressing the post you were responding to not me :)

3rdAngel

It makes them neither right nor wrong. It makes them Jews, who have a law code that applies to them.

As posted earlier in one of the posts you have not addressed and have ignored...Gentile believers are now grafted in to God's ISRAEAL. If you are not a part of God's ISRAEAL accoding to the new covenant promise given in JEREMIAH 31:31-34 and repeated in the new covenant scriptures in HEBREWS 8:10-12 you have no part in the new covenant. Being a part of and grafted in to God's ISRAEAL makes gentile believers no longer gentiles but a part of God's ISRAEAL defined in the scriptures as all those who believe and follow Gods' Word and bound by faith to believe and follow what God says. Please read *ROMANS 11:13-27ROMANS 9:6-8ROMANS 2:28-29. Your claims here have already been addressed your only repeating yourself without responding to the posts that show why you are in error.

Hope this helps :)

3rdAngel

No confusion on my part. On yours, however?......

If that were true you would be able to show why my posts are in error. You have not and your response is to simply ignore them as they show why you claims are not biblical and are in error. Once again thank you for proving my point :)

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
It does not need to because I was never saying what you were claiming in your post. You were trying to make a strawman argment no one was making and it was you who avoided addressing the post you were responding to not me :)
You’re confused. Again.

sojourner

As posted earlier in one of the posts you have not addressed and have ignored...Gentile believers are now grafted in to God's ISRAEAL
That doesn’t make them Jews. Ask them. Ask Jews. both agree that they’re not Jews. The Law only applies to ... Jews.

sojourner

I guess the scriptures shared with you mean nothing to you because you do not believe them. You are free to believe as you wish. I will leave that between you and God to work through as they are God's Word not mine.
I do believe them; just not as you present them.

sojourner

Yes this is typical of your responses when evidence is provided that disagrees with you. Thankyou for proving my point :)
Funny... this is the first time I’ve made this particular response. how could it be “typical?”

3rdAngel

That doesn’t make them Jews. Ask them. Ask Jews. both agree that they’re not Jews. The Law only applies to ... Jews.

As posted earlier in the new covenant, ISRAEAL is not those according to the flesh. God's ISRAEAL are all those who believe and follow God's Word as it is written in the scriptures..

ROMANS 2:28-29
[28] For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh: [29] But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

and again...

ROMANS 9:6-8
[6] Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel: [7] Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called. [8] That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

You keep ignoring these scriptures sadly, and neither will you post them when your responding to them because they show your in error.

Anyhow I believe them even if you do not :)

3rdAngel

I do believe them; just not as you present them.

It sounds like you do not know what you believe. You say you believe the scriptures but when posted scripture you do not believe them. Maybe you just believe some of them. Sadly that is not the way it works

Last edited:

3rdAngel

Funny... this is the first time I’ve made this particular response. how could it be “typical?”

By ignoring and not addressing the scriptures and the content in the posts you are quoting from that show why your in error. That is only the first time you have admitted to it, but not the first time you have ignored the posts and scriptures shared with you. You just agreed with me. Thankyou for being honest here though :)

Last edited:

sojourner

As posted earlier in the new covenant, ISRAEAL is not those according to the flesh. God's ISRAEAL are all those who believe and follow God's Word as it is written in the scriptures
Not all those in Israel are Jews.

Nonsense! They are factual as verified with the historical references already provided to you that support the biblical records
You’ve provided no facts; you’ve only supplied beliefs.

It sounds like you do not know what you believe
It sounds like you believe that your particular beliefs and perspectives are the only real ones.