• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

COL 2:16 And The Sabbath - Are You Being Told The Truth?

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Your reminding the forum is in error. The reason the Sabbath was given to mankind was because God rested on the seventh day of the creation week. God blessed the seventh day for mankind in Adam and Even and God made the seventh day of the week a Holy day of rest for all mankind. There was no Israel and no JEW when the Sabbath was made for mankind on the seventh day of the creation week *GENESIS 2:1-3.
So you just want to kick out the verses from Deuteronomy? Like I said, I'm content to let the readers decide for themselves who has the better arguments. There is no need to reply. Be at peace.

IndigoChild5559

I am glad you said "those who were adopted in". God says everyone can become his adopted child. Everyone can be part od God's family - a true "adopted" child of God. It seems the same rules would apply to all of them. Not just those who were born as Jews. Maybe???
Those who are adopted in aren't believers in Jesus -- we do not include them in the Tribe. To be "adopted in" a convert must say both, "Let your people be my people," AND "Let your God be my God." They do this by having a conversion that is halakhic (valid according to Jewish law). It means spending a long time studying Jewish history, culture, Hebrew, and of course Jewish law. Because it isn't just assent to what is in the Bible, but assent to become the Totality of what it means to be a Jew. The conversion also includes a testing before a Beit Din (Jewish tribunal) and immersion in a mikvah. Obviously this is not something you do to yourself. It is something you do with the consent of and cooperation with the People of Israel.

But then, we are talking about becoming a Child of Israel, not a Child of God. Don't confuse the two.

3rdAngel

So you just want to kick out the verses from Deuteronomy? Like I said, I'm content to let the readers decide for themselves who has the better arguments. There is no need to reply. Be at peace.

No my friend. Why would there be a need to kick out the versus of Deuteronomy? The verses in Deuteronomy only support what is being shared with you as they were given to God's people "AFTER" the fall of mankind while God's Sabbath was made and given to mankind "BEFORE" the fall of mankind. As posted earlier, when the Sabbath was made for mankind in Adam and Eve there was NO JEW and NO ISRAEL *GENESIS 2:1-3. If you were content to let others decide for themselves you would not have bothered to keep replying here, as you said you finished the discussion some time ago. As I posted earlier you do not need to repond to these posts if you do not want to and for the most part you haven't. It is up to you. We all stand before God come judgment day. I do not judge you. You are free to believe and do as you wish. However, ignoring God's Word does not make it disappear. I only wish you all the best.

May God help you as you seek him through his Word.

Last edited:

3rdAngel

I summed up my points to end our discussion, and your reponse is to write a two page long essay reiterating all the points that you keep repeating ad nauseum? Please, lets stop this. It's fruitless. I am content to let the readers read both my posts and yours and decide for themselves who has the better arguments.

Actually no my friend. I did not sum up all the points I have made with you in the post of mine you were quoting from. I simply responded to your post in relation to ISRAEL and shared the scriptures showing who God's true ISRAEL is according to God's Word. If you read the post you would know this. It seems you did not read it.

Last edited:

IndigoChild5559

Actually no my friend. I did not sum up all the points I have made with you in the post of mine you were quoting from. I simply responded to your post in relation to ISRAEL and shared the scriptures showing who God's true ISRAEL is according to God's Word. If you read the post you would know this. It seems you did not read it.
No, I'm not reading your posts anymore. You started repeating yourself over and over quite some time back.

3rdAngel

No, I'm not reading your posts anymore. You started repeating yourself over and over quite some time back.
Not really my friend, but thank you for being honest as I knew you were not reading my posts already. This explains your responses as you would not really know what my posts are saying if your not reading them. Some responses are only repeating the scriptures you have ignored possibly because you did not read them and why you have never responded to them and they do indeed show why you are in error. This is sad on your side. Closing your eyes and ears to God's Word does not make it disappear. This is what your fathers also did to the Messiah (Jesus). Guess you can lead a horse to water as they say....

May you receive God's Word and be blessed.

Last edited:

3rdAngel

Those who are adopted in aren't believers in Jesus -- we do not include them in the Tribe. To be "adopted in" a convert must say both, "Let your people be my people," AND "Let your God be my God." They do this by having a conversion that is halakhic (valid according to Jewish law). It means spending a long time studying Jewish history, culture, Hebrew, and of course Jewish law. Because it isn't just assent to what is in the Bible, but assent to become the Totality of what it means to be a Jew. The conversion also includes a testing before a Beit Din (Jewish tribunal) and immersion in a mikvah. Obviously this is not something you do to yourself. It is something you do with the consent of and cooperation with the People of Israel.

But then, we are talking about becoming a Child of Israel, not a Child of God. Don't confuse the two.
Nothing you have posted above is biblical. It is based on man made tradition and teachings and not based on the Torah or the prophets. What is biblical is the Word of God...

'Israel' "after the flesh", as a 'nation', is left desolate (Matthew 23:38; Luke 13:35), to bear no more fruit ever again (Matthew 21:19), cursed, withered away (Mark 11:21), dried up from the roots (Mark 11:20), "twice dead" (Jude 1:12), and the axe already laid at their root (Matthew 3:10; Luke 3:9), cut down and to be thrown into the fire.

The New [or Everlasting] Covenant is only made with the spiritual “Israel” (Jesus Christ, the "elect" of the Father and his children; Isaiah 42:1; Matthew 12:18-20), this “Judah” (Revelation 5:5) and His “house” (2 Corinthians 1:20 KJB - For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.; – for Christ Jesus, the true “Israel” is the “elect” of God, and thus all who choose to be in Him; see Isaiah 42:1, 45:4, 65:9 KJB)

ROMANS 9:6-8 [6], FOR THEY ARE NOT ALL ISRAEL WHICH ARE OF ISRAEL,: [7], NEITHER, BECAUSE THEY ARE THE SEED OF ABRAHAM, ARE THEY ALL CHILDREN: but in Isaac shall thy seed be called <Christ> [8], That is, THEY WHICH ARE THE CHILDREN OF THE FLESH, THESE ARE NOT THE CHILDREN OF GOD: BUT THE CHILDREN OF THE PROMISE <those who believe> ARE COUNTED FOR THE SEED.

ROMANS 2:28-29 [28], FOR HE IS NOT A JEW WHICH IS ONE OUTWARDLY; NEITHER IS THAT CIRCUMCISION, WHICH IS OUTWARDS IN THE FLESH: [29], BUT HE IS A JEW WHICH IS ONE INWARDLY; and CIRCUMCISION IS OF THE HEART, IN THE SPIRIT, AND NOT IN THE LETTER; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Gentile believers are now grafted in by believing and following God's Word *Romans 11:13-27. God's true ISRAEL is everyone who believes and follows God's Word *John 10:26-27. Your still sitting in the airport waiting for your plane to go on your holiday not knowing that your plane has already departed.

Last edited:

IndigoChild5559

Nothing you have posted above is biblical. It is based on man made tradition and teachings and not based on the Torah or the prophets. What is biblical is the Word of God...
You talk about what is biblical, but you add to the scriptures an entirely new set of books that conflict with the original set, and even though they are in conflict, you say, "See this new testament is also God inspired and inerrant." Seems to me it is you that has some rethinking to do.

sooda

Veteran Member

'Israel' "after the flesh", as a 'nation', is left desolate (Matthew 23:38; Luke 13:35), to bear no more fruit ever again (Matthew 21:19), cursed, withered away (Mark 11:21), dried up from the roots (Mark 11:20), "twice dead" (Jude 1:12), and the axe already laid at their root (Matthew 3:10; Luke 3:9), cut down and to be thrown into the fire.

The New [or Everlasting] Covenant is only made with the spiritual “Israel” (Jesus Christ, the "elect" of the Father and his children; Isaiah 42:1; Matthew 12:18-20), this “Judah” (Revelation 5:5) and His “house” (2 Corinthians 1:20 KJB - For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.; – for Christ Jesus, the true “Israel” is the “elect” of God, and thus all who choose to be in Him; see Isaiah 42:1, 45:4, 65:9 KJB)

ROMANS 9:6-8 [6], FOR THEY ARE NOT ALL ISRAEL WHICH ARE OF ISRAEL,: [7], NEITHER, BECAUSE THEY ARE THE SEED OF ABRAHAM, ARE THEY ALL CHILDREN: but in Isaac shall thy seed be called <Christ> [8], That is, THEY WHICH ARE THE CHILDREN OF THE FLESH, THESE ARE NOT THE CHILDREN OF GOD: BUT THE CHILDREN OF THE PROMISE <those who believe> ARE COUNTED FOR THE SEED.

ROMANS 2:28-29 [28], FOR HE IS NOT A JEW WHICH IS ONE OUTWARDLY; NEITHER IS THAT CIRCUMCISION, WHICH IS OUTWARDS IN THE FLESH: [29], BUT HE IS A JEW WHICH IS ONE INWARDLY; and CIRCUMCISION IS OF THE HEART, IN THE SPIRIT, AND NOT IN THE LETTER; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Gentile believers are now grafted in by believing and following God's Word *Romans 11:13-27. God's true ISRAEL is everyone who believes and follows God's Word *John 10:26-27. Your still sitting in the airport waiting for your plane to go on your holiday not knowing that your plane has already departed.

Isaiah 42:1 is about Israel the servant of God.

3rdAngel

You talk about what is biblical, but you add to the scriptures an entirely new set of books that conflict with the original set, and even though they are in conflict, you say, "See this new testament is also God inspired and inerrant." Seems to me it is you that has some rethinking to do.

Not really. Everything in the new testament scriptures come from the Torah and the prophets. Together these are the two great witnesses that point to the Messiah (JESUS) who your fathers rejected and crucified on a tree. Hard to see what you do not want to see or hear what you do not want to hear. That is why you are still waiting in the airport and do not know that your plane has already departed.

3rdAngel

Isaiah 42:1 is about Israel the servant of God.

God's ISRAEL in the new covenant are all those who believe and follow God's Word. If you are not a part of God's ISRAEL you have no part in the new covenant promise *JEREMIAH 31:31-34; HEBREWS 8:10-12. Gentile believers are now grafted in *ROMANS 11:13-27.

sooda

Veteran Member
God's ISRAEL in the new covenant are all those who believe and follow God's Word. If you are not a part of God's ISRAEL you have no part in the new covenant promise *JEREMIAH 31:31-34; HEBREWS 8:10-12. Gentile believers are now grafted in *ROMANS 11:13-27.

Isaiah is all about the suffering servant.

I have seen this "grafted" language before.

Hebrews and Romans were written by Paul or one of his associates to specific audiences.

Book of Jeremiah Summary | The Last Dialogue
Home | The Last Dialoguebook-of-jeremiah-summary
JEREMIAH SUMMARY
. Jeremiah is the second of the 17 books of the Prophets. Jeremiah was a prophet during the fall of Assyria and rise of Babylon, which places his preaching in the several years surrounding 600 B.C. He was sent as a prophet to the last surviving tribe of Israel, Judah, in a time of political and spiritual decay.

3rdAngel

Isaiah is all about the suffering servant.

I have seen this "grafted" language before.

Hebrews and Romans were written by Paul or one of his associates to specific audiences.

Book of Jeremiah Summary | The Last Dialogue
Home | The Last Dialoguebook-of-jeremiah-summary
JEREMIAH SUMMARY. Jeremiah is the second of the 17 books of the Prophets. Jeremiah was a prophet during the fall of Assyria and rise of Babylon, which places his preaching in the several years surrounding 600 B.C. He was sent as a prophet to the last surviving tribe of Israel, Judah, in a time of political and spiritual decay.

Indeed that does not mean that JEREMIAH 31:31-34 is not a reference to the new covenant fulfilled in Christ now does it *HEBREWS 8:10-12 and to all those who believe and follow God's Word *ROMANS 11:13-26; EPHESIANS 2:11-13; GALATIANS 3:28-29; COLOSSIANS 3:11?

3rdAngel

Doesn't Jeremiah say God will make a new covenant with the people of Israel and with the people of Judah . . .

JUDAH is a part of ISRAEL. Who is God's true ISRAEL according to the new testament scriptures? They are all those who believe and follow God's Word. Gentile believers are now grafted in **ROMANS 11:13-26; EPHESIANS 2:11-13; GALATIANS 3:28-29; COLOSSIANS 3:11. So the new covenant is to all those who believe and follow God's Word. Do you know what the new covenant is?

sooda

Veteran Member
JUDAH is a part of ISRAEL. Who is God's true ISRAEL according to the new testament scriptures? They are all those who believe and follow God's Word. Gentile believers are now grafted in **ROMANS 11:13-26; EPHESIANS 2:11-13; GALATIANS 3:28-29; COLOSSIANS 3:11

No.. they were actually more like rivals or enemies. Israel was considered Hellenized half breeds and fake Jews, but they were more prosperous than Judea.
kingdoms-of-israel-and-judah-and-surrounding-kingdoms.jpg

3rdAngel

No.. they were actually more like rivals or enemies. Israel was considered Hellenized half breeds and fake Jews, but they were more prosperous than Judea.

Not really, Do you know the origin of ISRAEL and the twelve tribes of ISRAEL according to the scriptures and why Judah separated itself from all the other tribes of ISRAEL in the old testament scriptures? Judah is one of the 12 tribes that make up ISRAEL and apart of ISRAEL. You did not answer my question to you in the previous post but it doesn't matter you do not have to if you do not want to.

Last edited:

sooda

Veteran Member
Not really, Do you know the origin of ISRAEL and the twelve tribes of ISRAEL according to the scriptures and why Judah separated itself from all the other tribes of ISRAEL in the old testament scriptures? Judah is one of the 12 tribes that make up ISRAEL and apart of ISRAEL. You did not answer my question to you in the previous post but it doesn't matter you do not have to if you do not want to.

You are obviously knowledgeable and very interested. You would probably get a lot out of reading the Bible Unearthed by Israel Finkelstein.

Before the 1970s archaeologists used the Bible and a spade to PROVE the Bible.

Since then they let the archaeology speak for itself.