• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

COL 2:16 And The Sabbath - Are You Being Told The Truth?

Crosstian

Baring the Cross
Here are the 613 Commandments as found in Torah that includes the verses as to where they're found: Judaism 101: A List of the 613 Mitzvot (Commandments)

Do you observe all of them, including the kosher laws, for just one example?

Ditto.
Ahem -

[1] Points 1-5

[2] Points 6-12

[3] the continued denial, and misread

[4] the position remains

[5] see?

Perhaps reading a little of the thread a few pages back, or scanning through would help, so as not to repeat already thoroughly covered ground.

Crosstian

Baring the Cross
The purpose of Shabbat was to have a day of rest and to be in communion with others, thus the specific day of the week observed is less important.
Here' what God stated about it:

Exo 20:8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
Exo 20:9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:
Exo 20:10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:
Exo 20:11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

The word "of" tells us to Remember JEHOVAH Elohiym, for it is 'JE' rest, an 'JE' Lord of all creation..

The word "for" in this instance means 'because', or 'the reason such was made and given', or 'intended purpose'.

It deals with God as Creator, not merely, 'to have 'a' (indefinite article, Romanism always does this, when the text uses definite articles, 'the', singular and specific) 'day of rest and to be in communion with others.'

God says elsewhere, through the wisest man:

Ecc 12:1 Remember now thy Creator in the days of thy youth, while the evil days come not, nor the years draw nigh, when thou shalt say, I have no pleasure in them;

'Less important'?

God came down in such glory, majesty and power, with ten thousand times ten thousands of angels, so much so that any being that would seek access that was not permitted with be immediately struck down with death?, and as nowhere else seen in scripture, except as to be at the 2nd and 3rd Advents, and you want to reduce the words of God Almighty to 'less important' in an area you choose? Back away from the mountain ... step away from the Ark ... lower your gaze to the ground and cover your head with dust, is my advice.

Crosstian

Baring the Cross
That was the early Church's terminology based on the fact that Jesus resurrected on that day.
No, the term "Lord's day" was usurped by apostate Christians in Alexandria and at Rome, given another definition, not one found based in scripture:

This was already covered: COL 2:16 And The Sabbath - Are You Being Told The Truth?

The "Lord's day" according to scripture, is the 7th day, the sabbath day of the Lord.

Genesis 2:1-3 - 'the seventh day', 'God'
Exodus 16:3 - "to morrow [the seventh day] is the rest of the holy sabbath unto the LORD'
Exodus 16:25 - 'to day [the seventh day]; for to day is a sabbath unto the LORD: to day'
Exodus 20:8-11 - 'the sabbath day', 'the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God'
Exodus 31:15 - 'the seventh is the sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD ... the sabbath day'
Exodus 35:2 - 'the seventh day there shall be to you an holy day, a sabbath of rest to the LORD'
Leviticus 23:3 - 'the seventh day is the sabbath of rest, an holy convocation; ye shall do no work therein: it is the sabbath of the LORD'
Deuteronomy 5:14 - 'the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God'
Psalms 92:1 - 'A Psalm or Song for the sabbath day. It is a good thing to give thanks unto the LORD'
Isaiah 56:6 - 'Also the sons of the stranger, that join themselves to the LORD, to serve him, and to love the name of the LORD, to be his servants, every one that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and taketh hold of my covenant' (context new covenant)
Isaiah 58:13 - 'the sababth ... my [the LORD's] holy day ... the holy [day] of the Lord'
Isaiah 66:23 - 'one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD'
Jeremiah 17:21 - 'saith the LORD... on the sabbath day'
Matthew 12:8 - 'the Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath day'
Mark 2:28 - 'the Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath day'
Luke 6:5 - 'the Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath [day]'
Revelation 1:10 - 'the Lord's day'

The church which Jesus 'established' never kept the 'first [day] of the week' as Sabbath, and in fact, as already shown, every single 'first [day] of the week' text in the NT, demonstrates the perpetuity of the 7th day as the Sabbath, since the first [day] was simply a number pointing to that glorious culmination (see the koine Greek as I already cited - COL 2:16 And The Sabbath - Are You Being Told The Truth? ). It also didn't meet every first [day] of the week either. This may be shown from scripture if you will, just ask.

The Anointed

Thanks for your post. I accept part of your post and ask your forgiveness as sometimes I write on the rush without checking grammer or spelling somtimes and it is something I need to work on and improve in forum posting. So I thank you for this part of your post. As to you still waiting for dates on how long the Israelites were slaves in Egypt? I posted earlier to you that this was a distraction to what I was posting and is simply off topic to the OP therefore had no interest in this discussion. In response another brother kindly addressed your claims in a detailed scripture reply in posts 248 linked and also included a post on your use of faulty references in post # 269 linked as a further help to you.

Your claims to the Sabbath being a shadow was also shown to be in error in previous posts by proving through the scriptures alone that God's 4th commandment Sabbath has never been a shadow law as it was a part of a finished work of creation before sin and before Gods' plan of salvation which makes that claim impossible *Genesis 2:1-3; Mark 2:27; Isaiah 66:23; Revelation 14:12; Revelation 22:14.

I am also still waiting for you to stop going off topic and address the OP here which is on the correct application of Colossians 2:16-17 which many take out of context to try and say something which it does not say which is what the OP here is about. Can I suggest you read post # 6; posts # 7; posts # 8; posts # 9 and posts # 10 linked from the OP as they prove that Colossians 2:11-17 and if you disagree please show why you disagree through the scriptures if you cannot why not believe God's Word?

Read your posts and rejected them as having no real connection to the truth as revealed by, Paul who said that the weekly Sabbath was but a shadow of the future reality, and the future reality of the weekly Sabbath, is 'THE DAY OF THE LORD.'

The day when he will gather the nations who wish to drive his chosen people into the sea and defeat those enemies, bringing in a thousand years of peace. The day that is spoken of in Acts 17: 31; "For he (The Lord) has fixed a DAY in which he will judge the whole world with justice by means of a MAN he has CHOSEN. He has given proof of this to everyone by raising that MAN from death."

He is the LORD of the Sabbath.

That day which is the reality of the weekly Sabbath, is the 'DAY OF THE LORD', The seventh day, from the day in which Adam ate of the forbidden fruit and died in that day at the age of 930.

He is the Lord of the Sabbath.

Having revealed to you, your error as to the meaning of Colossians 2: 16-17; I am obligated to correct your error as to the time that Abraham's descendants were in that land of Egypt, which you brought up in your thread.

So, again I ask, what date do you give to the Exodus? And do you believe that Christ will rule the world for a thousand years, after which, heavenly fire will incinerate all physical life forms that remain on this planet?
;

3rdAngel

Read your posts and rejected them as having no real connection to the truth as revealed by, Paul who said that the weekly Sabbath was but a shadow of the future reality, and the future reality of the weekly Sabbath, is 'THE DAY OF THE LORD.'
I see. All I see here brother are your words. Your words are not God's Word but yours disagreeing with Gods. You claim you read the OP, which is backed and supported by complete scripture evidence that shows the chapter context of Colossians 2:11-17 and discusses both the within scripture and chapter context of v16-17 as well as the within scripture context as well as the Greek word meanings and the topic context in relation to complete biblical context to the Old and New Testament and you say you disagree without showing why you disagree but because you say you disagree? All that I am hearing from you dear brother is your words disagreeing with God's Word in order to follow man made teachings and traditions that break the commandments of God.

If you disagree with the detailed scripture study provided in post # 6; posts # 7; posts # 8; posts # 9 and posts # 10 linked from the OP that prove that Colossians 2:11-17 is not talking about God's 4th commandment or any of the 10 commandments but are talking about the laws in "Ordinances and special annual sabbaths in feast days" from the Mosaic book of shadow laws than prove it and show why you disagree. Just saying you disagree because you say so does not make God's Word disappear. It only shows you have no response to the evidence of scripture that has been provided. Ignoring God's Word does not make it dissappear.
The day when he will gather the nations who wish to drive his chosen people into the sea and defeat those enemies, bringing in a thousand years of peace. The day that is spoken of in Acts 17: 31; "For he (The Lord) has fixed a DAY in which he will judge the whole world with justice by means of a MAN he has CHOSEN. He has given proof of this to everyone by raising that MAN from death."

He is the LORD of the Sabbath.

That day which is the reality of the weekly Sabbath, is the 'DAY OF THE LORD', The seventh day, from the day in which Adam ate of the forbidden fruit and died in that day at the age of 930.

He is the Lord of the Sabbath.

Having revealed to you, your error as to the meaning of Colossians 2: 16-17; I am obligated to correct your error as to the time that Abraham's descendants were in that land of Egypt, which you brought up in your thread.
Your post here has already been addressed in the last post with the scriptures provided that you simply chose to ignore. As posted earlier...

Your claims to the Sabbath being a shadow was also shown to be in error in previous posts by proving through the scriptures alone that God's 4th commandment Sabbath has never been a shadow law as it was a part of a finished work of creation before sin and before Gods' plan of salvation which makes that claim impossible *Genesis 2:1-3; Mark 2:27; Isaiah 66:23; Revelation 14:12; Revelation 22:14.

I am also still waiting for you to stop going off topic and address the OP here which is on the correct application of Colossians 2:16-17 which many take out of context to try and say something which it does not say which is what the OP here is about. Can I suggest you read post # 6; posts # 7; posts # 8; posts # 9 and posts # 10 linked from the OP as they prove that Colossians 2:11-17 and if you disagree please show why you disagree through the scriptures if you cannot why not believe God's Word?
So, again I ask, what date do you give to the Exodus? And do you believe that Christ will rule the world for a thousand years, after which, heavenly fire will incinerate all physical life forms that remain on this planet?;
As posted earlier your dates and off topic post have already been responded to with a detailed scripture response you have ignored in posts 248 linked and also included a post on your use of faulty references in post # 269 linked as a further help to you. I suggest you read them and respond to them.

Igrnoring God's Word does not make it dissappear.

Last edited:

The Anointed

I see. All I see here brother are your words. Your words are not God's Word but yours disagreeing with Gods. You claim you read the OP, which is backed and supported by complete scripture evidence that shows the chapter context of Colossians 2:11-17 and discusses both the within scripture and chapter context of v16-17 as well as the within scripture context as well as the Greek word meanings and the topic context in relation to complete biblical context to the Old and New Testament and you say you disagree without showing why you disagree but because you say you disagree? All that I am hearing from you dear brother is your words disagreeing with God's Word in order to follow man made teachings and traditions that break the commandments of God.

If you disagree with the detailed scripture study provided in post # 6; posts # 7; posts # 8; posts # 9 and posts # 10 linked from the OP that prove that Colossians 2:11-17 is not talking about God's 4th commandment or any of the 10 commandments but are talking about the laws in "Ordinances and special annual sabbaths in feast days" from the Mosaic book of shadow laws than prove it and show why you disagree. Just saying you disagree because you say so does not make God's Word disappear. It only shows you have no response to the evidence of scripture that has been provided. Ignoring God's Word does not make it dissappear.

Your post here has already been addressed in the last post with the scriptures provided that you simply chose to ignore. As posted earlier...

As posted earlier your date and and off topic post has already been responded with a detailed scripture response you have ignored in posts 248 linked and also included a post on your use of faulty references in post # 269 linked as a further help to you. I suggest you read them and respond to them.

Taking a bundle of scriptures out of all context to which they were intended, as you have done, Is simply attempting to torture, twist and knead the unleavened bread that came down from heaven, into a swollen leavened loaf that does not even begin to taste like the bread that gives eternal life.

Beware of the added leaven of the priests, said Jesus, and I would advise others, to beware of the added leaven of the 3rdAngel.

So I will leave you to wallow in your ignorance, as you continue to believe that Abraham's descendants were in the land of Egypt for over 400 years, as you have stated in this thread, and of which erroneous statement, you are unable to defend.

3rdAngel

Taking a bundle of scriptures out of all context to which they were intended, as you have done, Is simply attempting to torture, twist and knead the unleavened bread that came down from heaven, into a swollen leavened loaf that does not even begin to taste like the bread that gives eternal life.

Now Anointed, you are a funny one :)

Your post here only tells me either of two things. You either did not read the scripture studies posted in post # 6; posts # 7; posts # 8; posts # 9 and posts # 10 linked, because these studies demonstrate;

1. Chapter context by going through Colossians 2:11-17 verse by verse;
2. within scripture context;
3. Greek word meaning and topic context of Colossians 2:11-17;
4. and biblical context of the old and new testament scriptures to show what Colossians 2:16 is referencing.

So your claims here are simply your words denying God's Word without proof of what you claim.

The other option would be that you did read it but cannot respond to the scriptures and study posted so your just disagreeing for the sake of a disagreement.

If you disagree please show and prove through the scriptures alone how the chapter studies on Colossians 2:11-17 are taken out of context?
If you cannot than you are only denying God's Word which is God's Word not my words that your denying with your words that are not God's Word so your argument therefore is with God not me.

Brother if you have been shown why you are in error do not harden your heart but take it as a blessing from God and receive God's Word and be blessed.

Just saying you disagree because you say so does not make God's Word disappear. It only shows you have no response to the evidence of scriptures that has been provided that have only been sent in love as a help to you. Ignoring God's Word does not make it dissappear.

Last edited:
This thread though is on Colossians 2:16-17 did you read the OP and have anything to share? It is ok either way as the whole through so far has been pretty much off topic as no one seems to want to discuss the OP here for some reason.

God bless

In addressing OP, I'm not against it, for the mosaic law must be observed by the heavenly spiritual Israelites in Heaven eternally and by the earthly spiritual and carnal Israelites on Earth, for it is indeed a lasting covenant as long as the heaven and the Earth, and the Sun, and moon is here, hence the shadow. Until then, when all things cease to exist, and purged in the fire and when the New heavens and New Earth is created, shall then the true real Holy Sabbath days of God be observed in the new world order of the New Earth.

this Earth, we knew that our concept of time (of days and years and seasons) are relative to the movement of the Shadows of our luminaries (e.g our Sun Moon and Stars), shadows that are altered from time to time, as earthly Sabbath do halted and changed and altered since the beginning of time even unto these days by mere dictates or declaration or authorities of men of religion and even by the motions of our planet relative to our Sun and moon, that we call science, and knowing the fact that these irregularities we had involving the accuracy of determining the very cycle of our septenary and of Sabbathical cycle of Shabbats, and knowing the fact that the Land of Promise was laid desolate for a period of time and the temple in Jerusalem is destroyed and the ark of the covenant lost, but yet to be seen in the tabernacle in Heaven and the bloodline of the Levites untraceable for now, how can we then say that our earthly Shabbat celebration is not in vain if we celebrate it every Saturdays dates in our adopted Gregorian calendar time, and moreso How can we keep our Earthly shabbat celebration HOLY if we're not yet and still have to receive the Holy Spirit yet.

Keeping the Sabbath LAW every Saturdays of the week on earth will last may be but will always be in vain shadows until the fire from heaven descends to this earth in the endtime.
But keeping the Sabbath HOLY in heaven and in the New Earth requires no weekly observance, for the LIGHT and luminary of the NEW EARTH is GOD himself and the Lord, and In their presence the concept of earthly time is no more for ever.

The Anointed

As posted earlier your dates and off topic post have already been responded to with a detailed scripture response you have ignored in posts 248 linked and also included a post on your use of faulty references in post # 269 linked as a further help to you. I suggest you read them and respond to them.

My words are the words of Paul, who said in Colossians 2: 16-17; that the weekly Sabbath was only a shadow of that which is in the future. So, you are not condemning me, you are condemning Paul.

Apparently you don’t believe that Christ is the LORD OF THE SABBATH, and that on that DAY, he will rule the whole world with Justice for a thousand years, and that a thousand years to the Lord is, as ONE DAY, and that God said to Adam concerning the forbidden tree; ON THE DAY ye eat thereof, on that DAY you will die, See Genesis 2: 16-17; which he did at the age of 930.

So, you can see that I agree with the scriptures, concerning the great Sabbath, (The seventh day from the day in which Adam ate of the forbidden fruit and died in that DAY at the age of 930) of which Paul stated in Colossians 2: 16-17; is the future reality of which the weekly Sabbath was but a shadow pointing to that DAY.

As to your supposed Shadow laws, I believe that the greater majority of those who have followed this thread, know that those supposed shadow laws, exist only in the head of someone who is all puffed up by his human way of thinking, and believes himself to be superior, to those who realise that the Sabbath law has been done away with since the truth was revealed by Paul, who in Colossians 2: 16-17; revealed that the weekly Sabbath was only a shadow pointing to the future reality of The DAY OF THE LORD.

The topic of this thread is; (“Colossians-2-16, and the Sabbath are you being told the truth?”) Everyone can plainly see that I have remained on topic, and have revealed that you have not told the truth concerning the future reality of the Sabbath, of which the weekly Sabbath was but a shadow, except where you erroneously stated that the descendants of Abraham, were in the land of Egypt for over 400 years, and now refuse to defend your false statement, by revealing your date as to the time of the Exodus.

You have a good day young fellow.

Last edited:

3rdAngel

My words are the words of Paul, who said in Colossians 2: 16-17; that the weekly Sabbath was only a shadow of that which is in the future. So, you are not condemning me, you are condemning Paul.

Apparently you don’t believe that Christ is the LORD OF THE SABBATH, and that on that DAY, he will rule the whole world with Justice for a thousand years, and that a thousand years to the Lord is, as ONE DAY, and that God said to Adam concerning the forbidden tree; ON THE DAY ye eat thereof, on that DAY you will die, See Genesis 2: 16-17; which he did at the age of 930.

So, you can see that I agree with the scriptures, concerning the great Sabbath, (The seventh day from the day in which Adam ate of the forbidden fruit and died in that DAY at the age of 930) of which Paul stated in Colossians 2: 16-17; is the future reality of which the weekly Sabbath was but a shadow pointing to that DAY.

As to your supposed Shadow laws, I believe that the greater majority of those who have followed this thread, know that those supposed shadow laws, exist only in the head of someone who is all puffed up by his human way of thinking, and believes himself to be superior, to those who realise that the Sabbath law has been done away with since the truth was revealed by Paul, who in Colossians 2: 16-17; revealed that the weekly Sabbath was only a shadow pointing to the future reality of The DAY OF THE LORD.

The topic of this thread is; (“Colossians-2-16, and the Sabbath are you being told the truth?”) Everyone can plainly see that I have remained on topic, and have revealed that you have not told the truth concerning the future reality of the Sabbath, of which the weekly Sabbath was but a shadow, except where you erroneously stated that the descendants of Abraham, were in the land of Egypt for over 400 years, and now refuse to defend your false statement, by revealing your date as to the time of the Exodus.

You have a good day young fellow.

Well nothing you have posted here is true Annointed. Thank you very much for this post though my friend as it only confirms and proves what was posted in the very post you are quoting from and that is you have no scripture to support your position but instead simply deny God's Word with your words which are not Gods. So we may have to agree to disagree. Only God's Word is true and we should believe and follow it over the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God. Ignoring God's Word does not make it dissappear.

Gods Sheep hear His Voice (the Word) and follow him *John 10:26-27

PS, If you did not know you can read about the imaginary Shadow laws in HEBRREWS 7; HEBREWS 8; HEBREWS 9 and HEBREWS 10 for those who study their bible.

Hebrews 10:1 [1], For the law having a SHADOW OF GOOD THINGS TO COME, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect.

Hebrews 8:5 Who serve to the example and SHADOW OF HEAVENLY THINGS, as Moses was admonished of God when he was about to make the tabernacle: for, See, said he, that you make all things according to the pattern showed to you in the mount.

Colossians 2:17 [17], Which are a SHADOW OF THINGS TO COME; but the body is of Christ.

May God bless you as you seek him through his Word.

Last edited:

The Anointed

Exo 20:10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:
Exo 20:11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

The word "of" tells us to Remember JEHOVAH Elohiym, for it is 'JE' rest, an 'JE' Lord of all creation..

The word "for" in this instance means 'because', or 'the reason such was made and given', or 'intended purpose'.

It deals with God as Creator, not merely, 'to have 'a' (indefinite article, Romanism always does this, when the text uses definite articles, 'the', singular and specific) 'day of rest and to be in communion with others.'

Ecc 12:1 Remember now thy Creator in the days of thy youth, while the evil days come not, nor the years draw nigh, when thou shalt say, I have no pleasure in them;

'Less important'?

God came down in such glory, majesty and power, with ten thousand times ten thousands of angels, so much so that any being that would seek access that was not permitted with be immediately struck down with death?, and as nowhere else seen in scripture, except as to be at the 2nd and 3rd Advents, and you want to reduce the words of God Almighty to 'less important' in an area you choose? Back away from the mountain ... step away from the Ark ... lower your gaze to the ground and cover your head with dust, is my advice.

'Less important'?

I assume that Solomon is the wisest man that you refer to as having written the book of Ecclesiastes.

You do realise that Solomon only wrote four biblical books, 'Song of Songs,' his book of 'Parables,' 'The Wisdom of Solomon,' and the book of Ecclesiastes.

This is from the book of Sirach, which is to be found in the Apocrypha of the Old Testament, coupled together with the book of Job, a number of the Psalms, Parables, Ecclesiastes, and the Wisdom of Solomon, all belong to the Hogmah or Wisdom Literature of the Hebrews, ‘Mashal’ means Similitude, parable, or proverb.----- In the book of Sirach, R, H, Charles translation chapter 47 verse 17, it is written concerning Solomon, “By thy ‘SONGS,’ PARABLES, DARK SPEECHES,’ and SATIRES, thou didst cause astonishment to the peoples etc.”

Eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow we die. I envy those who are dead and gone; they are better off than those who are still alive. But better off than either, are those who have never been born etc.

A man may have a hundred children and live a long time, but no matter how long he lives, if he does not get his share of happiness and does not receive a descent- burial, then I say that a baby born dead is better off.

Man and animal receive the same ultimate reward, total oblivion, from the dust they came and to the dust they shall return. A wise man is no better off than a fool, the reward for doing good is the same as that for doing evil, so don’t be too good or too wise, “Why kill yourself?”

We are all going to our final resting place, and although life is useless, the conclusion of the matter is, if you live a religious life you may at least experience some peace in the short span of consciousness that has been allocated to you in this useless life. So, go ahead and eat, drink and be merry, drink your wine and be cheerful. It’s all right with God. Enjoy your life with the woman you love, as long as you live the useless life that God has given you in this world. Enjoy every useless day of it, because that is all that you’ll get for all your troubles.

Never again will you take part in anything that happens in the world, because there will be no action, no thought, no knowledge, no wisdom in the world of the dead to where the righteous, the wicked, the wise and the fools, animal and man, are all going. For the living know that they are going to die, but the dead know nothing.

Solomon’s songs are found in his book, ‘SONG OF SONGS,’ his parables are found in his book of “PROVERBS’, his dark speeches are in the ‘WISDOM OF SOLOMON,’ and who can read the negative and even depressing words from the book of ‘Ecclesiastes without realizing that here is the satirical work of Solomon, aimed at those people of the godless religion, who believed in neither life after death, or the resurrection from the dead.

Never again will you take part in anything that happens in the world, (No promise of any resurrection here) because there will be no action, no thought, no knowledge, no wisdom in the world of the dead to where the righteous, the wicked, the wise and the fools, animal and man, are all going. For the living know that they are going to die, but the dead know nothing.

The Lord said that it is wrong to communicate with the dead, (Because the righteous are at rest in the bosom of Abraham) But the disembodied spirits of the unrighteous according to the scriptures can find no rest in death as they await the great judgement. My addition in brackets

The prophet Ben Sirach wrote in 46: 20; concerning Samuel: “Moreover after he died he was inquired of, and he declared unto the King (Saul) his way, and he lifted his voice from the earth to blot out iniquity by prophecy.”

Of course the JW’s imagine, without any biblical support, that it was some demon who spoke to King Saul.

1 Samuel 28: 15-19; Samuel said to Saul, “Why have you disturbed me? Why did you make me come back?”
Saul answered, “I am in great trouble! The Philistines are at war with me, and God has abandoned me. He doesn't answer me any more, either by prophets or by dreams. And so I have called you, for you to tell me what I must do.”

Samuel said, “Why do you call me when the LORD has abandoned you and become your enemy? The LORD has done to you what he told you through me: he has taken the kingdom away from you and given it to David instead. You disobeyed the LORD's command and did not completely destroy the Amalekites and all they had.

That is why the LORD is doing this to you now. He will hand you and Israel over to the Philistines. Tomorrow you and your sons will join me, and the LORD will also hand the army of Israel over to the Philistines.”

The Anointed

'Less important'?

I don't know what happened to the previous post in response to yours, so here goes it again.

I assume that Solomon is the wisest man that you refer to as having written the book of Ecclesiastes.

You do realise that Solomon only wrote four biblical books, 'Song of Songs,' his book of 'Parables,' 'The Wisdom of Solomon,' and the book of Ecclesiastes.

This is from the book of Sirach, which is to be found in the Apocrypha of the Old Testament, coupled together with the book of Job, a number of the Psalms, Parables, Ecclesiastes, and the Wisdom of Solomon, all belong to the Hogmah or Wisdom Literature of the Hebrews, ‘Mashal’ means Similitude, parable, or proverb.----- In the book of Sirach, R, H, Charles translation chapter 47 verse 17, it is written concerning Solomon, “By thy ‘SONGS,’ PARABLES, DARK SPEECHES,’ and SATIRES, thou didst cause astonishment to the peoples etc.”

Eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow we die. I envy those who are dead and gone; they are better off than those who are still alive. But better off than either, are those who have never been born etc.

A man may have a hundred children and live a long time, but no matter how long he lives, if he does not get his share of happiness and does not receive a descent- burial, then I say that a baby born dead is better off.

Man and animal receive the same ultimate reward, total oblivion, from the dust they came and to the dust they shall return. A wise man is no better off than a fool, the reward for doing good is the same as that for doing evil, so don’t be too good or too wise, “Why kill yourself?”

We are all going to our final resting place, and although life is useless, the conclusion of the matter is, if you live a religious life you may at least experience some peace in the short span of consciousness that has been allocated to you in this useless life. So, go ahead and eat, drink and be merry, drink your wine and be cheerful. It’s all right with God. Enjoy your life with the woman you love, as long as you live the useless life that God has given you in this world. Enjoy every useless day of it, because that is all that you’ll get for all your troubles.

Never again will you take part in anything that happens in the world, because there will be no action, no thought, no knowledge, no wisdom in the world of the dead to where the righteous, the wicked, the wise and the fools, animal and man, are all going. For the living know that they are going to die, but the dead know nothing.

Solomon’s songs are found in his book, ‘SONG OF SONGS,’ his parables are found in his book of “PROVERBS’, his dark speeches are in the ‘WISDOM OF SOLOMON,’ and who can read the negative and even depressing words from the book of ‘ECCLESIASTES' without realizing that here is the satirical work of Solomon, aimed at those people of the godless religion, who believed in neither life after death, or the resurrection from the dead.

Never again will you take part in anything that happens in the world, (No promise of any resurrection here) because there will be no action, no thought, no knowledge, no wisdom in the world of the dead to where the righteous, the wicked, the wise and the fools, animal and man, are all going. For the living know that they are going to die, but the dead know nothing.

The Lord said that it is wrong to communicate with the dead, (Because the righteous are at rest in the bosom of Abraham) But the disembodied spirits of the unrighteous according to the scriptures can find no rest in death as they await the great judgement. My addition in brackets

The prophet Ben Sirach wrote in 46: 20; concerning Samuel: “Moreover after he died he was inquired of, and he declared unto the King (Saul) his way, and he lifted his voice from the earth to blot out iniquity by prophecy.”

Of course the JW’s imagine, without any biblical support, that it was some demon who spoke to King Saul.

1 Samuel 28: 15-19; Samuel said to Saul, “Why have you disturbed me? Why did you make me come back?”
Saul answered, “I am in great trouble! The Philistines are at war with me, and God has abandoned me. He doesn't answer me any more, either by prophets or by dreams. And so I have called you, for you to tell me what I must do.”

Samuel said, “Why do you call me when the LORD has abandoned you and become your enemy? The LORD has done to you what he told you through me: he has taken the kingdom away from you and given it to David instead. You disobeyed the LORD's command and did not completely destroy the Amalekites and all they had.

That is why the LORD is doing this to you now. He will hand you and Israel over to the Philistines. Tomorrow you and your sons will join me, and the LORD will also hand the army of Israel over to the Philistines.”

Tumah

Veteran Member
No, the term "Lord's day" was usurped by apostate Christians in Alexandria and at Rome, given another definition, not one found based in scripture:

This was already covered: COL 2:16 And The Sabbath - Are You Being Told The Truth?

The "Lord's day" according to scripture, is the 7th day, the sabbath day of the Lord.

Genesis 2:1-3 - 'the seventh day', 'God'
Exodus 16:3 - "to morrow [the seventh day] is the rest of the holy sabbath unto the LORD'
Exodus 16:25 - 'to day [the seventh day]; for to day is a sabbath unto the LORD: to day'
Exodus 20:8-11 - 'the sabbath day', 'the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God'
Exodus 31:15 - 'the seventh is the sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD ... the sabbath day'
Exodus 35:2 - 'the seventh day there shall be to you an holy day, a sabbath of rest to the LORD'
Leviticus 23:3 - 'the seventh day is the sabbath of rest, an holy convocation; ye shall do no work therein: it is the sabbath of the LORD'
Deuteronomy 5:14 - 'the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God'
Psalms 92:1 - 'A Psalm or Song for the sabbath day. It is a good thing to give thanks unto the LORD'
Isaiah 56:6 - 'Also the sons of the stranger, that join themselves to the LORD, to serve him, and to love the name of the LORD, to be his servants, every one that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and taketh hold of my covenant' (context new covenant)
Isaiah 58:13 - 'the sababth ... my [the LORD's] holy day ... the holy [day] of the Lord'
Isaiah 66:23 - 'one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD'
Jeremiah 17:21 - 'saith the LORD... on the sabbath day'
I don't have a horse in this race, but none of these verses are actually calling Sabbath "the Day of the Lord". A number of them call is a "Sabbath of the Lord". But that's a different phrase, innit? You actually didn't quote any of the verses that contain the phrase "Day of the Lord".

Tumah

Veteran Member
I don't know what happened to the previous post in response to yours, so here goes it again.
You just missed out an end quote on the line that ends with

If you go back and edit it, it will be fixed.

The Anointed

You just missed out an end quote on the line that ends with

If you go back and edit it, it will be fixed.

I have now rectified it, but thank you for your help, I'm a bit of a dinosaur as far as computers are concerned.

The Anointed

Well nothing you have posted here is true Annointed. Thank you very much for this post though my friend as it only confirms and proves what was posted in the very post you are quoting from and that is you have no scripture to support your position but instead simply deny God's Word with your words which are not Gods. So we may have to agree to disagree. Only God's Word is true and we should believe and follow it over the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God. Ignoring God's Word does not make it dissappear.

Gods Sheep hear His Voice (the Word) and follow him *John 10:26-27

PS, you if you did not know you can read about the imaginary Shadow laws in HEBRREWS 7; HEBREWS 8; HEBREWS 9 and HEBREWS 10 for those who study their bible.

Hebrews 10:1 [1], For the law having a SHADOW OF GOOD THINGS TO COME, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect.

Hebrews 8:5 Who serve to the example and SHADOW OF HEAVENLY THINGS, as Moses was admonished of God when he was about to make the tabernacle: for, See, said he, that you make all things according to the pattern showed to you in the mount.

Colossians 2:17 [17], Which are a SHADOW OF THINGS TO COME; but the body is of Christ.

May God bless you as you seek him through his Word.

The Good News Bible Catholic Study Edition...Hebrew 10: 1; The Jewish law is not a full and faithful model of the real things; is only a faint outline of the good things to come.

As was the weekly Sabbath.

The Good News Bible Catholic Study Edition...Hebrew 8: 5; The work they do as priests is really only a copy and a shadow of what is in heaven.

The Good News Bible Catholic Study Edition...2 Colossians16-17; So let no one make rules about what you eat or drink or about Holy days or the New Moon festival or the Sabbath. For all such things are only a shadow of things in the future, etc.

So the weekly Sabbath is but a shadow of that which is still in our future.

Enjoy the rest of your day young fellow.

Crosstian

Baring the Cross
I don't have a horse in this race, but none of these verses are actually calling Sabbath "the Day of the Lord". A number of them call is a "Sabbath of the Lord". But that's a different phrase, innit? You actually didn't quote any of the verses that contain the phrase "Day of the Lord".
In Koine Greek, Revelation 1:10, does not read, "η ημερα κυριου", but instead, "τη κυριακη ημερα".

The 7th day the sabbath of the LORD is not the "Day of the LORD", but it is the "Lord's day". The "Day of the LORD" is the final 1,000th year, or 7,000th year, the Great Millennial Sabbath. Related, but not the same:

The apostles were preaching about the 'last days' [Peter quoting Joel in Acts 2:17; 2 Peter 3:3, Paul in 2 Timothy 3:1, Hebrews 1:2, 'end of the world' Hebrews 9:26; James in James 5:3] and were even in the 'last days' and Jesus, John and Martha also talked about 'the last day' [John 6:39,40,44,54, 11:24, 12:48].

7 days and 7,000 years image

AWHN-Bible-7000-Years.jpg

You can see this in detail here:

The Redemption of the Creation – 7000 Years And The Everlasting Gospel (Powerpoint)

7000 Year Plan Of The Everlasting Gospel – Bible & Historical Quotations (PDF)

The phrase "the day of the LORD" refers to the final Millennium, the 7,000 year, and was future from John's day )and is till future from our day, a little longer), as it was still for all those who wrote of it, and reads differently, see:

Isa_2:12 KJB For the day of the LORD of hosts shall be upon every one that is proud and lofty, and upon every one that is lifted up; and he shall be brought low:

Isa 2:12 so-called LXX ἡμέρα γὰρ κυρίου σαβαωθ ἐπὶ πάντα ὑβριστὴν καὶ ὑπερήφανον καὶ ἐπὶ πάντα ὑψηλὸν καὶ μετέωρον, καὶ ταπεινωθήσονται,

Isa_13:6 KJB Howl ye; for the day of the LORD is at hand; it shall come as a destruction from the Almighty.

Isa 13:6 so-called LXX ὀλολύζετε, ἐγγὺς γὰρ ἡ ἡμέρα κυρίου, καὶ συντριβὴ παρὰ τοῦ θεοῦ ἥξει.

Isa_13:9 KJB Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, cruel both with wrath and fierce anger, to lay the land desolate: and he shall destroy the sinners thereof out of it.

Isa 13:9 so-called LXX ἰδοὺ γὰρ ἡμέρα κυρίου ἀνίατος ἔρχεται θυμοῦ καὶ ὀργῆς θεῖναι τὴν οἰκουμένην ὅλην ἔρημον καὶ τοὺς ἁμαρτωλοὺς ἀπολέσαι ἐξ αὐτῆς.

Isa_34:8 KJB For it is the day of the LORD'S vengeance, and the year of recompences for the controversy of Zion.

Isa 34:8 so-called LXX ἡμέρα γὰρ κρίσεως κυρίου καὶ ἐνιαυτὸς ἀνταποδόσεως κρίσεως Σιων.

Jer_46:10 KJB For this is the day of the Lord GOD of hosts, a day of vengeance, that he may avenge him of his adversaries: and the sword shall devour, and it shall be satiate and made drunk with their blood: for the Lord GOD of hosts hath a sacrifice in the north country by the river Euphrates.

Jer 46:10 so-called LXX (26:10) καὶ ἡ ἡμέρα ἐκείνη κυρίῳ τῷ θεῷ ἡμῶν ἡμέρα ἐκδικήσεως τοῦ ἐκδικῆσαι τοὺς ἐχθροὺς αὐτοῦ, καὶ καταφάγεται ἡ μάχαιρα κυρίου καὶ ἐμπλησθήσεται καὶ μεθυσθήσεται ἀπὸ τοῦ αἵματος αὐτῶν, ὅτι θυσία τῷ κυρίῳ σαβαωθ ἀπὸ γῆς βορρᾶ ἐπὶ ποταμῷ Εὐφράτῃ.

Lam_2:22 KJB Thou hast called as in a solemn day my terrors round about, so that in the day of the LORD'S anger none escaped nor remained: those that I have swaddled and brought up hath mine enemy consumed.

Lam 2:22 so-called LXX Ἐκάλεσεν ἡμέραν ἑορτῆς παροικίας μου κυκλόθεν, καὶ οὐκ ἐγένοντο ἐν ἡμέρᾳ ὀργῆς κυρίου ἀνασῳζόμενος καὶ καταλελειμμένος, ὡς ἐπεκράτησα καὶ ἐπλήθυνα ἐχθρούς μου πάντας.

Eze_13:5 KJB Ye have not gone up into the gaps, neither made up the hedge for the house of Israel to stand in the battle in the day of the LORD.

Eze 13:5 so-called LXX οὐκ ἔστησαν ἐν στερεώματι καὶ συνήγαγον ποίμνια ἐπὶ τὸν οἶκον τοῦ Ισραηλ, οὐκ ἀνέστησαν οἱ λέγοντες Ἐν ἡμέρᾳ κυρίου·

Eze_30:3 KJB For the day is near, even the day of the LORD is near, a cloudy day; it shall be the time of the heathen.

Eze 30:3 so-called LXX ὅτι ἐγγὺς ἡ ἡμέρα τοῦ κυρίου, ἡμέρα πέρας ἐθνῶν ἔσται.

Joe_1:15 KJB Alas for the day! for the day of the LORD is at hand, and as a destruction from the Almighty shall it come.

Joe 1:15 so-called LXX Οἴμμοι οἴμμοι οἴμμοι εἰς ἡμέραν, ὅτι ἐγγὺς ἡμέρα κυρίου καὶ ὡς ταλαιπωρία ἐκ ταλαιπωρίας ἥξει.

Joe_2:1 KJB Blow ye the trumpet in Zion, and sound an alarm in my holy mountain: let all the inhabitants of the land tremble: for the day of the LORD cometh, for it is nigh at hand;

Joe 2:1 so-called LXX Σαλπίσατε σάλπιγγι ἐν Σιων, κηρύξατε ἐν ὄρει ἁγίῳ μου, καὶ συγχυθήτωσαν πάντες οἱ κατοικοῦντες τὴν γῆν, διότι πάρεστιν ἡμέρα κυρίου, ὅτι ἐγγύς,

Joe_2:11 KJB And the LORD shall utter his voice before his army: for his camp is very great: for he is strong that executeth his word: for the day of the LORD is great and very terrible; and who can abide it?

Joe 2:11 so-called LXX καὶ κύριος δώσει φωνὴν αὐτοῦ πρὸ προσώπου δυνάμεως αὐτοῦ, ὅτι πολλή ἐστιν σφόδρα ἡ παρεμβολὴ αὐτοῦ, ὅτι ἰσχυρὰ ἔργα λόγων αὐτοῦ· διότι μεγάλη ἡ ἡμέρα τοῦ κυρίου, μεγάλη καὶ ἐπιφανὴς σφόδρα, καὶ τίς ἔσται ἱκανὸς αὐτῇ;

Joe_2:31 KJB The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come.

Joe 2:31 so-called LXX (3:4) ὁ ἥλιος μεταστραφήσεται εἰς σκότος καὶ ἡ σελήνη εἰς αἷμα πρὶν ἐλθεῖν ἡμέραν κυρίου τὴν μεγάλην καὶ ἐπιφανῆ.

Joe_3:14 KJB Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision: for the day of the LORD is near in the valley of decision.

Joe 3:14 so-called LXX (4:14) ἦχοι ἐξήχησαν ἐν τῇ κοιλάδι τῆς δίκης, ὅτι ἐγγὺς ἡμέρα κυρίου ἐν τῇ κοιλάδι τῆς δίκης.

Amo_5:18 KJB Woe unto you that desire the day of the LORD! to what end is it for you? the day of the LORD is darkness, and not light.

Amo 5:18 so-called LXX Οὐαὶ οἱ ἐπιθυμοῦντες τὴν ἡμέραν κυρίου· ἵνα τί αὕτη ὑμῖν ἡ ἡμέρα τοῦ κυρίου; καὶ αὐτή ἐστιν σκότος καὶ οὐ φῶς,

Amo_5:20 KJB Shall not the day of the LORD be darkness, and not light? even very dark, and no brightness in it?

Amo 5:20 so-called LXX οὐχὶ σκότος ἡ ἡμέρα τοῦ κυρίου καὶ οὐ φῶς; καὶ γνόφος οὐκ ἔχων φέγγος αὐτῇ.

Oba_1:15 KJB For the day of the LORD is near upon all the heathen: as thou hast done, it shall be done unto thee: thy reward shall return upon thine own head.

Oba 1:15 so-called LXX διότι ἐγγὺς ἡμέρα κυρίου ἐπὶ πάντα τὰ ἔθνη· ὃν τρόπον ἐποίησας, οὕτως ἔσται σοι· τὸ ἀνταπόδομά σου ἀνταποδοθήσεται εἰς κεφαλήν σου·

Zep_1:7 KJB Hold thy peace at the presence of the Lord GOD: for the day of the LORD is at hand: for the LORD hath prepared a sacrifice, he hath bid his guests.

Zep 1:7 so-called LXX Εὐλαβεῖσθε ἀπὸ προσώπου κυρίου τοῦ θεοῦ, δίοτι ἐγγὺς ἡ ἡμέρα τοῦ κυρίου, ὅτι ἡτοίμακεν κύριος τὴν θυσίαν αὐτοῦ, ἡγίακεν τοὺς κλητοὺς αὐτοῦ.

Zep_1:8 KJB And it shall come to pass in the day of the LORD'S sacrifice, that I will punish the princes, and the king's children, and all such as are clothed with strange apparel.

Zep 1:8 so-called LXX καὶ ἔσται ἐν ἡμέρᾳ θυσίας κυρίου καὶ ἐκδικήσω ἐπὶ τοὺς ἄρχοντας καὶ ἐπὶ τὸν οἶκον τοῦ βασιλέως καὶ ἐπὶ πάντας τοὺς ἐνδεδυμένους ἐνδύματα ἀλλότρια·

Zep_1:14 KJB The great day of the LORD is near, it is near, and hasteth greatly, even the voice of the day of the LORD: the mighty man shall cry there bitterly.

Zep 1:14 so-called LXX Ὅτι ἐγγὺς ἡ ἡμέρα κυρίου ἡ μεγάλη, ἐγγὺς καὶ ταχεῖα σφόδρα· φωνὴ ἡμέρας κυρίου πικρὰ καὶ σκληρά, τέτακται δυνατή.

Zep_1:18 KJB Neither their silver nor their gold shall be able to deliver them in the day of the LORD'S wrath; but the whole land shall be devoured by the fire of his jealousy: for he shall make even a speedy riddance of all them that dwell in the land.

Zep 1:18 so-called LXX καὶ τὸ ἀργύριον αὐτῶν καὶ τὸ χρυσίον αὐτῶν οὐ μὴ δύνηται ἐξελέσθαι αὐτοὺς ἐν ἡμέρᾳ ὀργῆς κυρίου, καὶ ἐν πυρὶ ζήλους αὐτοῦ καταναλωθήσεται πᾶσα ἡ γῆ, διότι συντέλειαν καὶ σπουδὴν ποιήσει ἐπὶ πάντας τοὺς κατοικοῦντας τὴν γῆν.

Zep_2:2 KJB Before the decree bring forth, before the day pass as the chaff, before the fierce anger of the LORD come upon you, before the day of the LORD'S anger come upon you.

Zep 2:2 so-called LXX πρὸ τοῦ γενέσθαι ὑμᾶς ὡς ἄνθος παραπορευόμενον, πρὸ τοῦ ἐπελθεῖν ἐφ᾿ ὑμᾶς ὀργὴν κυρίου, πρὸ τοῦ ἐπελθεῖν ἐφ᾿ ὑμᾶς ἡμέραν θυμοῦ κυρίου.

Zep_2:3 KJB Seek ye the LORD, all ye meek of the earth, which have wrought his judgment; seek righteousness, seek meekness: it may be ye shall be hid in the day of the LORD'S anger.

Zep 2:3 so-called LXX ζητήσατε τὸν κύριον, πάντες ταπεινοὶ γῆς· κρίμα ἐργάζεσθε καὶ δικαιοσύνην ζητήσατε καὶ ἀποκρίνεσθε αὐτά, ὅπως σκεπασθῆτε ἐν ἡμέρᾳ ὀργῆς κυρίου.

Zec_14:1 KJB Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.

Zec 14:1 so-called LXX Ἰδοὺ ἡμέραι ἔρχονται τοῦ κυρίου, καὶ διαμερισθήσεται τὰ σκῦλά σου ἐν σοί.

Mal_4:5 KJB Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD:

Mal 4:4 so-called LXX (3:22) καὶ ἰδοὺ ἐγὼ ἀποστέλλω ὑμῖν Ηλιαν τὸν Θεσβίτην πρὶν ἐλθεῖν ἡμέραν κυρίου τὴν μεγάλην καὶ ἐπιφανῆ,

Act_2:20 KJB The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come:

Act 2:20 GNT TR ο ηλιος μεταστραφησεται εις σκοτος και η σεληνη εις αιμα πριν η ελθειν την ημεραν κυριου την μεγαλην και επιφανη

1Co_5:5 KJB To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

1Co 5:5 GNT TR παραδουναι τον τοιουτον τω σατανα εις ολεθρον της σαρκος ινα το πνευμα σωθη εν τη ημερα του κυριου ιησου

2Co_1:14 KJB As also ye have acknowledged us in part, that we are your rejoicing, even as ye also are ours in the day of the Lord Jesus.

2Co 1:14 GNT TR καθως και επεγνωτε ημας απο μερους οτι καυχημα υμων εσμεν καθαπερ και υμεις ημων εν τη ημερα του κυριου ιησου

1Th_5:2 KJB For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.

1Th 5:2 GNT TR αυτοι γαρ ακριβως οιδατε οτι η ημερα κυριου ως κλεπτης εν νυκτι ουτως ερχεται

2Pe_3:10 KJB But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

2Pe 3:10 GNT TR ηξει δε η ημερα κυριου ως κλεπτης εν νυκτι εν η οι ουρανοι ροιζηδον παρελευσονται στοιχεια δε καυσουμενα λυθησονται και γη και τα εν αυτη εργα κατακαησεται

Tumah

Veteran Member
In Koine Greek, Revelation 1:10, does not read, "η ημερα κυριου", but instead, "τη κυριακη ημερα".
I'm thrilled....
The 7th day the sabbath of the LORD is not the "Day of the LORD", but it is the "Lord's day". .... Related, but not the same:
In Hebrew, those are written exactly the same way. Which I guess is not that surprising, since both those phrases have the exact same meaning in English. So I guess that addresses all the Tanach verses you quoted with the wrong meaning.

3rdAngel

The Good News Bible Catholic Study Edition...Hebrew 10: 1; The Jewish law is not a full and faithful model of the real things; is only a faint outline of the good things to come.

As was the weekly Sabbath.

The Good News Bible Catholic Study Edition...Hebrew 8: 5; The work they do as priests is really only a copy and a shadow of what is in heaven.

The Good News Bible Catholic Study Edition...2 Colossians16-17; So let no one make rules about what you eat or drink or about Holy days or the New Moon festival or the Sabbath. For all such things are only a shadow of things in the future, etc.

So the weekly Sabbath is but a shadow of that which is still in our future.

Enjoy the rest of your day young fellow.

ZZzzz Let me know when you want to address the OP that shows why your in error. If you cannot why not thank God and believe his Word? Ignoring it does not make it dissappear.

Last edited:

3rdAngel

In Hebrew, those are written exactly the same way. Which I guess is not that surprising, since both those phrases have the exact same meaning in English. So I guess that addresses all the Tanach verses you quoted with the wrong meaning.

Hi Tumah, you would also know that in Hebrew the application and meaning of a Hebrew word is in the context of other Hebrew words within the scripture context that determines the meaning not a Hebrew word that is in isolation to the scripture it is used in and outside of chapter context. For me though my argument to those claiming "THE LORDS DAY" in the Greek is that there is no scripture linking the Lords ownership of this day to Sunday or the first day of the week.

Last edited: