• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

COL 2:16 And The Sabbath - Are You Being Told The Truth?

MJFlores

There is no scipture that says God's 4th commandment has been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a holy day. This is a man made teaching and tradition that breaks the commandments of God that JESUS warns us against in Matthew 15:3-9

giphy.gif

The following scriptures says God abolished the Sabbath.

Isaiah 1:13 New International Version (NIV)
Stop bringing meaningless offerings!
Your incense is detestable to me.
New Moons, Sabbaths and convocations—
I cannot bear your worthless assemblies.

Hosea 2:11 New International Version (NIV)
I will stop all her celebrations:
her yearly festivals, her New Moons,
her Sabbath days—all her appointed festivals.

Lamentations 2:6 Good News Translation (GNT)
He smashed to pieces the Temple where we worshiped him;
He has put an end to holy days and Sabbaths.
King and priest alike have felt the force of his anger.

Rival

Si m'ait Dieus
Staff member
Premium Member
Not really my friend. Where did I say to you Moses did not speak God's Law to the Children of Israel. If I have never said such things why pretend that I have?
You are saying worse than that. You are trying to divide the law and say there are only 10 commandments. What are these if not commandments?

Exodus 24 just as a random example,

1And the Lord spoke to Moses, saying,
2Command the children of Israel, and they shall take to you pure olive oil, crushed for lighting, to kindle the lamps continually.
3Outside the dividing curtain of the testimony in the Tent of Meeting, Aaron shall set it up before the Lord from evening to morning continually. [This shall be] an eternal statute for your generations.
4Upon the pure menorah, he shall set up the lamps, before the Lord, continually.
5And you shall take fine flour and bake it [into] twelve loaves. Each loaf shall be [made from] two tenths [of an ephah of flour].
6And you place them in two stacks, six in each stack, upon the pure table, before the Lord.
7And you shall place pure frankincense alongside each stack, and it shall be a reminder for the bread, a fire offering to the Lord.
8Each and every Sabbath day, he shall set it up before the Lord [to be there] continuously, from the children of Israel an eternal covenant.
9And it shall belong to Aaron and his sons, and they shall eat it in a holy place, for it is holy of holies for him, among the fire offerings of the Lord, an eternal statute.
10Now, the son of an Israelite woman and he was the son of an Egyptian man went out among the children of Israel, and they quarreled in the camp this son of the Israelite woman, and an Israelite man.
11And the son of the Israelite woman pronounced the [Divine] Name and cursed. So they brought him to Moses. His mother's name was Shelomith the daughter of Dibri, of the tribe of Dan.
12They placed him in the guardhouse, [until his sentence would] be specified to them by the word of the Lord.
13Then the Lord spoke to Moses, saying:
14Take the blasphemer outside the camp, and all who heard [his blasphemy] shall lean their hands on his head. And the entire community shall stone him.
15And to the children of Israel, you shall speak, saying: Any man who blasphemes his God shall bear his sin.
16And one who blasphemously pronounces the Name of the Lord, shall be put to death; the entire community shall stone him; convert and resident alike if he pronounces the [Divine] Name, he shall be put to death.
17And if a man strikes down any human being he shall be put to death.
18And one who slays an animal shall pay for it [the value of] a life for the life [he took].
19And a man who inflicts an injury upon his fellow man just as he did, so shall be done to him [namely,]
20fracture for fracture, eye for eye, tooth for tooth. Just as he inflicted an injury upon a person, so shall it be inflicted upon him.
21And one who injures an animal shall pay for it. And one who strikes a person shall be put to death.
22One law shall be exacted for you, convert and resident alike, for I am the Lord, your God.
23And Moses told [all this] to the children of Israel. So they took the blasphemer outside the camp and stoned him, and the children of Israel did just as the Lord had commanded Moses.

3rdAngel

I am sorry my friend, ignoring all the scriptures provided to you that show why you are in error and ignoring the OP does not make God's Word go away. It will be our judge come judgment day *JOHN 12:47-48. We will have to agree to disagee. I wish you only the best and hope to see you in God's Kingdom.

May God bless you are you seek him through his Word.

Rival

Si m'ait Dieus
Staff member
Premium Member
giphy.gif

Isaiah 1:13 New International Version (NIV)
Stop bringing meaningless offerings!
Your incense is detestable to me.
New Moons, Sabbaths and convocations—
I cannot bear your worthless assemblies.

Hosea 2:11 New International Version (NIV)
I will stop all her celebrations:
her yearly festivals, her New Moons,
her Sabbath days—all her appointed festivals.

There's this thing called context. If you committed adultery on your wife, do you think she'd forgive you because you brought her some flowers she likes? Or would she throw them on the ground and say, This won't do, I want a sincere apology? Then I'll accept your flowers.

3rdAngel

You are saying worse than that. You are trying to divide the law and say there are only 10 commandments. What are these if not commandments?

Exodus 24 just as a random example,

1And the Lord spoke to Moses, saying,
2Command the children of Israel, and they shall take to you pure olive oil, crushed for lighting, to kindle the lamps continually.
3Outside the dividing curtain of the testimony in the Tent of Meeting, Aaron shall set it up before the Lord from evening to morning continually. [This shall be] an eternal statute for your generations.
4Upon the pure menorah, he shall set up the lamps, before the Lord, continually.
5And you shall take fine flour and bake it [into] twelve loaves. Each loaf shall be [made from] two tenths [of an ephah of flour].
6And you place them in two stacks, six in each stack, upon the pure table, before the Lord.
7And you shall place pure frankincense alongside each stack, and it shall be a reminder for the bread, a fire offering to the Lord.
8Each and every Sabbath day, he shall set it up before the Lord [to be there] continuously, from the children of Israel an eternal covenant.
9And it shall belong to Aaron and his sons, and they shall eat it in a holy place, for it is holy of holies for him, among the fire offerings of the Lord, an eternal statute.
10Now, the son of an Israelite woman and he was the son of an Egyptian man went out among the children of Israel, and they quarreled in the camp this son of the Israelite woman, and an Israelite man.
11And the son of the Israelite woman pronounced the [Divine] Name and cursed. So they brought him to Moses. His mother's name was Shelomith the daughter of Dibri, of the tribe of Dan.
12They placed him in the guardhouse, [until his sentence would] be specified to them by the word of the Lord.

Yea, not really friend. It is God that divided his LAW (10 Commandments) from the Mosaic book of the law. There are only 10 Commandments in God's 10 commandments nothing was to be added to them. How many commandments are there in God's 10 commandments 9; 10 or 613? *Deuteronomy 10:4? You do know that God's LAW (10 Commandments) were separated from the Mosaic book of the law in the Ark of the covenant right?

MJFlores

I see so according to you God's 4th commandment Sabbath was abolished 700 years before Christ? I guess someone forgot to tell JESUS who kept the Sabbath according to God's 4th commandmetns and taught others how to keep it and all the apostles who continued keeping it even after the resurrection of JESUS *Matthew 12:1-12; Mark 2:27-28; Matthew 5:17-19; Hebrews 4:1-11; Mark 3:1-5; Luke 6:1-10; 13:14-16; 14:1-5; John 7:22-23; 9:14; Mark 1:21; Mark 6:2; Luke 4:16; 31; Luke 14:1; 23:56; Acts 13:14; 13:27; 13:44; 15:21; 16:13; 17:2; 18:4; Revalation 1:10; 12:17:14:12: 22:14 ? You do err not knowing the scriptures.

Please read to OP brother ignoring God's WORD does not make it dissappear.

I can show you who should observe the Sabbath in the Bible.

Exodus 31:13
“Say to the Israelites, ‘You must observe my Sabbaths. This will be a sign between me and you for the generations to come, so you may know that I am the Lord, who makes you holy.

Exodus 31:16
The Israelites are to observe the Sabbath, celebrating it for the generations to come as a lasting covenant.

Leviticus 23:24
“Say to the Israelites: ‘On the first day of the seventh month you are to have a day of sabbath rest, a sacred assembly commemorated with trumpet blasts.

Leviticus 24:8
This bread is to be set out before the Lord regularly, Sabbath after Sabbath, on behalf of the Israelites, as a lasting covenant.

Leviticus 25:2
“Speak to the Israelites and say to them: ‘When you enter the land I am going to give you, the land itself must observe a sabbath to the Lord.

Ezekiel 45:17
It will be the duty of the prince to provide the burnt offerings, grain offerings and drink offerings at the festivals, the New Moons and the Sabbaths—at all the appointed festivals of Israel. He will provide the sin offerings, grain offerings, burnt offerings and fellowship offerings to make atonement for the Israelites.

It is the Israelites who have the right to observe the Sabbath
It is the Israelites who are commanded by God to observe the Sabbath

giphy-11.gif

We are NOT ISRAELITES, you just wish to be one but it is a day dream
Maybe an Israelite in the mind or just faking it.

Rival

Si m'ait Dieus
Staff member
Premium Member
God that divided his LAW (10 Commandments) from the Mosaic book of the law.
Can you please tell me what you mean by any of this? There is one Torah. What about the laws of kashrut? Laws of ritual purity? Laws of sexual ethics? Laws of warfare? Laws for owning slaves? Laws for marriage? Laws for festivals? Laws for animals? Laws for farming? They are part of the Torah. There are 613 commandments in the Torah.

MJFlores

There's this thing called context. If you committed adultery on your wife, do you think she'd forgive you because you brought her some flowers she likes? Or would she throw them on the ground and say, This won't do, I want a sincere apology? Then I'll accept your flowers.

I'm sorry I do not follow.
My position is Sabbath was abolished by God a long time ago
Now if people want to practice Sabbath
It's a FAKE Sabbath.

And that is vain worship

3rdAngel

Can you please tell me what you mean by any of this? There is one Torah. What about the laws of kashrut? Laws of ritual purity? Laws of sexual ethics? Laws of warfare? Laws for owning slaves? Laws for marriage? Laws for festivals? Laws for animals? Laws for farming? They are part of the Torah. There are 613 commandments in the Torah.

These are all included in the Mosaic book of the law. No one is saying anything against them. As I posted to you from the start the discussion here my friend has been simply focused on those who are trying to argue against God's 4th commandment *Exodus 20:8-11 being abolished and saying we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a holy day. As I am sure you know yourself this is simply unbiblical right?

3rdAngel

And they are commandments. As I keep saying to you, there are more than ten.
Indeed there are but there are only 10 *Deuteronomy 10:4 that every other law revolves around and that is God's 10 commandments. Can I ask if you believe in the new testament/covenant and JESUS?

Rival

Si m'ait Dieus
Staff member
Premium Member
Indeed there are but there are only 10 *Deuteronomy 10:4 that every other law revolves around and that is God's 10 commandments. Can I ask if you believe in the new testament/covenant and JESUS?
No I don't.

You make it sound as though the other laws are just add-ons. They're not.

3rdAngel

No I don't. You make it sound as though the other laws are just add-ons. They're not.

Thank you I was just curious about what you believe. So I guess sharing new testamant scriptures are irrelavent to you?

The other laws are indeed add ons all are a part of the torah though. Every law in the torah revolves around God's 10 commandments. God's LAW (10 commandments) were the only ones placed inside the ark of the covenant underneath the mercy seat while the book of the law was placed beside the ark.

May I ask do you guys still do animal sacrifices and burnt offerings if you do not believe is JESUS?

Rival

Si m'ait Dieus
Staff member
Premium Member
So I guess sharing new testamant scriptures are irrelavent to you?
Yes.

The other laws are indeed add ons all are a part of the torah though.
They are absolutely not add-ons.

May I ask do you guys still do animal sacrifices and burnt offerings if you do not believe is JESUS?
No, as there is no Temple the Jewish people cannot perform animal sacrifices. There are prayers in place of this now.

Last edited:

3rdAngel

Yes.

They absolutely are not add-ons.

No, as there is no Temple the Jewish people cannot perform animal sacrifices. There are prayers in place of this now.

We would have to agree to disagree than. Would you be interested if I can show you from the law and the prophet (Torah) that JESUS was the promised Messiah?

3rdAngel

No. I've been there done that.
Ok Rival nice talking to you. I have to go for now as it is late my time. Thanks for the chat. I hope we can be friends and talk more latter. May God bless you as you seek him through his Word.

Tumah

Veteran Member
But unknown to them it has been abolished

It's talking about the Sabbath and holiday sacrifices. Not the actual days. There were additional sacrifices on those days. Those sacrifices took place ... wait for it... in the Temple about which the verse begins with.