• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Coffee vs Espresso

Which one do you prefer?

• Coffee

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • Espresso

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • Other (latte, cappuccino)

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Neither

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Which one do you prefer and why?:coffee:

61ZwJDU6M3L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

VS.

HD7431_20-IMS-en_IQ.jpeg.jpg

Last edited:

Deidre

If I must make a choice as though my life depended upon it, I'd say espresso. But, a strong cup of coffee with a splash of almond or coconut milk, is also pretty perfect, depending on the day.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I know it is predictable. I pick espresso.
We Italians call normal coffee "American coffee"
I don't dislike it....it is just that I am not used to it...but it surely tastes good.:p

Last edited:

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
I drink them all, but I like my caffeine like I like my craft beers- fancy! :D

I like my lattes, mochas, frappes, white coffees, etc etc. Diversity is the spice of life!

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
Hmmm... Just curious, @Estro Felino . How popular is starbucks over there? Over here where I live (the home of starbucks), a lot of people don't actually go there. We have lots of coffee joints with different blends and specialties that are all unique, but I guess they are all similar to starbucks. In my neighborhood, I'd say there are about 5 cafes on my block.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Hmmm... Just curious, @Estro Felino . How popular is starbucks over there? Over here where I live (the home of starbucks), a lot of people don't actually go there. We have lots of coffee joints with different blends and specialties that are all unique, but I guess they are all similar to starbucks. In my neighborhood, I'd say there are about 5 cafes on my block.

As far as I know there are not so many Starbucks. One in Milan and one in Rome, for sure.
We have bars, where people go to have breakfast, drinking espresso or cappuccino and eating sweet stuff (croissants, cakes, pastry). In bars people buy drinks too and have lunch, sometimes.
Bars are everywhere...they are like your cafés:)

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member

You need an all of the above choice. I like all types of coffee depending on the time of day and what I am doing. As to making my coffee at home. I use whole beans and have an electric grinder and a mechanical burr grinder. I Drink percolated, drip, French Press and Keurig types of coffee. I have in the past drunk instant and tea bagged coffee. I Prefer French Press with the mechanical burr grinder but it is the most work so I drink drip the most with electric grinding.

When I'm out, I'll have expresso, latte's or cappuccino's depending on my feelings have been thinking of getting my own machine for the house but keep putting it off.

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
As far as I know there are not so many Starbucks. One in Milan and one in Rome, for sure.
We have bars, where people go to have breakfast, drinking espresso or cappuccino and eating sweet stuff (croissants, cakes, pastry). In bars people buy drinks too and have lunch, sometimes.
Bars are everywhere...they are like your cafés:)

Oh we got lots of bars here, too! :D Just as many as the cafes, though they don't serve coffee like yours. They all have their house beers on tap, though, and they usually bottle their own craft brews (or you can just bottle your own from their selection with a growler).

I think the cafes are more low key places to relax, where bars are where people go to socialize and tend to be more lively. Here, at least. :)

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
I said coffee, but I am uncertain. I use an espresso machine to make coffee. Its strong coffee but is probably not true espresso. Its a hybrid I think.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member

View attachment 42509

VS.

View attachment 42510

I drink Espresso if I need a quick fast caffeine boost. If it's just a normal day, I prefer coffee. Mostly because it's cooler up here and I can keep a warmer cup for longer periods, since coffee has more liquid then espresso does. When I do drink Espresso I water it down with hot water, what we call an "Americano".

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
Espresso or cold brew French press. On occasion, when I want something sweet, I'll make Cuban coffee using the espresso machine, and often add butter to it.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I thought espresso was coffee.

Anyway i will drink espresso in preference to americano but i voted other.

My morning tipple is strong macchiato (or noisette). Essentially an espresso with a splash of steamed milk.

exchemist

Veteran Member

View attachment 42509

VS.

View attachment 42510
Generally espresso, and not just because a Greek colleague once told me anyone ordering a capuccino after midday is considered homosexual. :D

Being British, I have tea at breakfast, so that takes care of the need for early morning hydration, plus providing a caffeine shot to get me going. Coffee tends to be something I drink after lunch, when a small amount of something tasty and stimulating, perhaps with a square of chocolate, is just what I need. And then later, at teatime, I have, well, tea, obviously.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Generally espresso, and not just because a Greek colleague once told me anyone ordering a capuccino after midday is considered homosexual. :D

Being British, I have tea at breakfast, so that takes care of the need for early morning hydration, plus providing a caffeine shot to get me going. Coffee tends to be something I drink after lunch, when a small amount of something tasty and stimulating, perhaps with a square of chocolate, is just what I need. And then later, at teatime, I have, well, tea, obviously.

Many years ago i was told by an Italian that to drink coffee in the afternoon is sacrilege and is bad for the digestion, it should never be done in any circumstances. Much better to sip a nice grappa

Right or wrong i don't know, i often have a coffee in the afternoon, perhaps @Estro Felino can enlighten me.