• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

CO2 emissions put corals at risk

t3gah

CO2 emissions put corals at risk
By Roger Harrabin
BBC special correspondent

Fisheries and tourism depend on healthy coral
Israeli scientists predict the world's coral reefs could begin to collapse in as little as 30 years from now.

Studies show the oceans are becoming increasingly acidic as they soak up manmade emissions of carbon dioxide.

The Hebrew University of Jerusalem researchers say this will make it difficult for many coral organisms to produce skeletal and other hard parts.

The team's work on corals in the Red Sea suggests a tipping point will be reached in between 30 and 70 years....http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/4226917.stm)

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
Someone made a point recently that our emmissions were getting better. I think this shows otherwise. While I am not convinced of global warming, I have seen the bleaching effects of acids in the water (go dive Biscayne Bay). This is truly tragic and may very well mean our doom!

t3gah

NetDoc said:
Someone made a point recently that our emmissions were getting better. I think this shows otherwise. While I am not convinced of global warming, I have seen the bleaching effects of acids in the water (go dive Biscayne Bay). This is truly tragic and may very well mean our doom!
I remember when I was in biology class in HS that the teacher was talking about the reef lasting only another 100 years tops. I'm 42, do the math. He was off by a tad. I truly hope the reef doesn't die. My brother, father and dad go scuba diving in the carribean and take lots of pictures. The loss of all that life in and around the reef would be staggering and a death blow to the eco system of the world imo.

james dixon

Premium Member
People are worried about CO2

It’s clogging the atmosphere eventually killing us all !!!!!!

WHAT CAN WE DO-----

All animals like me and you and the birds, flies and fish breath in O2 & exhale CO2

Plants breath in CO2 and exhale 02
Wake up folks !!

upload_2019-10-4_21-45-11.png

Life is unfolding as it should :)-

Last edited: