• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

CNN, MSNBC Ignores Rape and Cover up of Girl by Boy In Dress in Gender Fluid Bathroom

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Unless we lock all women away I predict that some of them will be sexually assaulted. If you disagree you're responsible for any assaults that occur.
Seems to me it might be wiser to hobble men somehow, to keep them from doing what they oughtn't.

A Vestigial Mote

Seriously? The boy could not have just walked into the girl's bathroom except for the dumb trans policy.
Well... to be sure, he still could have walked into the girl's bathroom. It's just that someone would be more likely to take specific note of this as an infraction. Were no one around in either case, then it may not matter what the bathroom was labeled. Labels do not impossibilities make.

Suave

Simulated character
When there are so many more important things like:
from CNN

and this from WAPO:

Really though, the media should dare ask Joe Biden something other than a softball question; maybe something like Who do you want to win the World Series? To which Joe Biden might reply: The Brooklyn Dodgers. Or maybe he'd reply. Who's playing in the World Series!

Last edited:

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
You doubt he could have skirted around getting caught without there being a trans policy?

Well... to be sure, he still could have walked into the girl's bathroom. It's just that someone would be more likely to take specific note of this as an infraction. Were no one around in either case, then it may not matter what the bathroom was labeled. Labels do not impossibilities make.

Exactly! And since cis men also rape other men and cis women also rape other women, the issue here doesn't appear to be preventing rape, but using a rape case as an excuse to deny transgender rights.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Chemical castration perhaps?
Well, no, obviously.

But I didn't take kindly to the suggestion that somehow the problem is women being out and "available" in public, when in fact the fault, in a sexual assault, is ALWAYS to perpetrator. ALWAYS. And I don't care if a woman makes herself up to look absolutely irresistible. She has the right to do that, and men, no matter how randy, have the obligation to leave her alone if she wishes to be left alone.

Look, I'm a gay guy, and let me tell you, living in a boy's boarding school, showering multiple times every day in communal spaces was anything but easy for me. (I have a pretty good poker face, but unfortunately, naked in the shower, there is another sort of "tell" that gave me away repeatedly. Fortunately, teen boys are often in a rampant state of affairs, so maybe it wasn't that noticeable.)

That last aside notwithstanding, even though there were completely naked guys all around me, my first obligation was not to touch any of them in a way that I could surmise they may not wish to be touched. It was all on ME. AS it should be.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Why?
It was said by quite a few people that this would happen but of course the woke do not seem to want to hear anything but their own voices unless it is in support of their social experiments.

What's your opinion on the widespread use of gender neutral bathrooms in countries like Sweden, and how informative is this for Americans?

esmith

Veteran Member
I always find it strange how the same people who are usually up in arms about "false rape accusations" are suddenly jumping at certain uncomfirmed rape claims as if they were gospel truth.

What do you guys think might be the reason why suddenly, in this specific instance, a woman's accusation is being believed, when in most other cases they would be harassed into silence? In what way is this case special, compared to the numerous cases of rape allegiations that were neither followed up on nor considered credible enough to warrant criminal prosecution?
Loudoun judge finds teen guilty of sexual assaulting girl in school bathroom

Bodie

What's your opinion on the widespread use of gender neutral bathrooms in countries like Sweden, and how informative is this for Americans?

Sweden has a completely different culture and one of the lowest crime rates in the world and also one of the most comfortable prison systems, people in the U.S. would commit crimes just to go to prison if we had the same. Different cultures, different values, different results.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
As has been pointed out numerous times, signs don't stop sexual assault. And an empty classroom will do just as well, and did, as a bathroom. This isn't about protecting victims, it's about trying to keep trans people out of sight. And it's not even very sensible, since a masculine presenting trans man being forced to be in a women's bathroom (or even a sufficiently masc presenting cis woman) causes just as much immature pearl clutching.

The vast majority of trans people just want to pee. And you need no more worry about them than the vast majority of pastors or republican senators.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Sweden has a completely different culture and one of the lowest crime rates in the world and also one of the most comfortable prison systems, people in the U.S. would commit crimes just to go to prison if we had the same. Different cultures, different values, different results.

Do you think they represent a 'woke social experiment'?

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
As has been pointed out numerous times, signs don't stop sexual assault. And an empty classroom will do just as well, and did, as a bathroom. This isn't about protecting victims, it's about trying to keep trans people out of sight. And it's not even very sensible, since a masculine presenting trans man being forced to be in a women's bathroom (or even a sufficiently masc presenting cis woman) causes just as much immature pearl clutching.

The vast majority of trans people just want to pee. And you need no more worry about them than the vast majority of pastors or republican senators.
Whoopsy --- [giggles]

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

Yep. Extremely limited cases are not what one should base case law on.

Bodie

Interesting, I dont think anyone including myself said anything about trans people but it seems you need to frame the discussion in such a manner to support a certain viewpoint. Data shows very few trans people are sexually violent and none attempted to make the case that they were. What is important is the fact that school administrators created the situation, the boy in the skirt was clearly a sexial predator, and after the rape it was covered up and the boy was sent to another school where he sexually assaulted another girl. Add to that they wrote a letter to the white house wanting the father to be claimed a domestic terrorist for wanting to hold them accountable. the only pearl clutching here is some attempting to make this an anti-trans issue to deflect from the facts of the case.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
What happened was a direct result of the trans policy. What ifs are irrelevant.

What happened was the direct result of the kid being a rapist.

Specifically connecting the event to allowing trans folks to use certain bathrooms is just a way to justify transphobia.