• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

CNN calls Georgia for Warnock

pearl

I was surprised that his concession speech was more 'gracious' than I expected. Has he employed that kind of insight and language during his campaign the outcome might have been different. But I am certainly relieved that he lost.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The Bible is pro-abortion, what are you talking about?

Abortion is encouraged in the Bible if your spouse has been unfaithful.

You clearly haven't read the Bible

Ordeal of the bitter water - Wikipedia
Don't forget Exodus 21 22. You just need to find a pre-Roe v Wade Bible. The transition of that verse changed after that decision. I have quoted from my housemate's Catholic Bible from the 1960's that uses the word miscarriage.

Colt

I'll play your game. Show me in the Bible where it says abortion is wrong. I'll wait

P.S...Jesus was a Jew
Don't commit murder (Exodus 20:13)

Jesus was a Jew in the sense that he was born into a Jewish culture.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Where is the Bible clear that a baby human isn't a human?

22 “When people who are fighting injure a pregnant woman so that there is a miscarriage and yet no further harm follows, the one responsible shall be fined what the woman’s husband demands, paying as much as the judges determine. 23 If any harm follows, then you shall give life for life, 24 eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, 25 burn for burn, wound for wound, stripe for stripe."

Exodus 21:22-25

"she has made herself impure and been unfaithful to her husband, this will be the result: When she is made to drink the water that brings a curse and causes bitter suffering, it will enter her, her abdomen will swell and her womb will miscarry, and she will become a curse. 28 If, however, the woman has not made herself impure, but is clean, she will be cleared of guilt and will be able to have children.

29 “‘This, then, is the law of jealousy when a woman goes astray and makes herself impure while married to her husband, 30 or when feelings of jealousy come over a man because he suspects his wife. The priest is to have her stand before the Lord and is to apply this entire law to her. 31 The husband will be innocent of any wrongdoing, but the woman will bear the consequences of her sin."

Numbers 5:11-31

Colt

In the sense that he was born into a Jewish culture, and in the sense that he was a devote follower of Judaism, and in the sense that Jewish scripture informed everything that he ever said and did.
Thats not accurate, the Father was Jesus' guide not the man-made scriptures. Jesus didn't follow a number of Jewish traditions and customs derived from the scriptures. The prominent Jews in his day had Jesus put to death by the Romans for his gospel teachings. Judaism still largely rejects Jesus.

Colt

22 “When people who are fighting injure a pregnant woman so that there is a miscarriage and yet no further harm follows, the one responsible shall be fined what the woman’s husband demands, paying as much as the judges determine. 23 If any harm follows, then you shall give life for life, 24 eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, 25 burn for burn, wound for wound, stripe for stripe."

Exodus 21:22-25

"she has made herself impure and been unfaithful to her husband, this will be the result: When she is made to drink the water that brings a curse and causes bitter suffering, it will enter her, her abdomen will swell and her womb will miscarry, and she will become a curse. 28 If, however, the woman has not made herself impure, but is clean, she will be cleared of guilt and will be able to have children.

29 “‘This, then, is the law of jealousy when a woman goes astray and makes herself impure while married to her husband, 30 or when feelings of jealousy come over a man because he suspects his wife. The priest is to have her stand before the Lord and is to apply this entire law to her. 31 The husband will be innocent of any wrongdoing, but the woman will bear the consequences of her sin."

Numbers 5:11-31
Where is the Bible clear that a baby human isn't a human?

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Thats not accurate, the Father was Jesus' guide not the man-made scriptures. Jesus didn't follow a number of Jewish traditions and customs derived from the scriptures. The prominent Jews in his day had Jesus put to death by the Romans for his gospel teachings. Judaism still largely rejects Jesus.
I am basing my opinion on the historical evidence. Not on religious dogma.

The Jews didn't have Jesus put to death. That is ridiculous. Regardless of what an evangelical tract written decades after the event might say. The Jews at the time did not give orders to the Romans

Shaul

Premium Member
Life goes on. This too shall pass. "Next." Nothing new under the sun.