• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

CNN article depicts elaborate plan for Trump to overthrow election results

ecco

Veteran Member
It's Trump that's literally Hitler these days, not Bush and Bush is a good man now.
Bush will never be forgiven for ignoring the outgoing administration's warning about terrorist attacks.
Bush will never be forgiven for lying to everyone about WMDs in Iraq.
Bush will never be forgiven for attacking Iraq and taking the emphasis off of Afghanistan.

Trump is much, much worse as a human and as an (ex)president.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
The 75 year old pro-corporate millionaire figurehead for your country's second largest party is just as much of an "establishment muppet". In any US presidential election, the only valid electorial choices will be imperialist capitalism vs. more imperialist capitalism.
It comes with the office, and the political-economic regime that surrounds it.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
The problem with trading an establishment puppet for Trump is that we are getting a Hollywood shyster.
And... Y'know... A fascist oligarch who literally attempted to overturn the democratic process and has potentially poisoned American democracy forever.

I'm continually baffled by these people who would prefer Trump to any "establishment" politician. When you would rather have someone as utterly vile and authoritarian as Trump rather than someone who is simply boilerplate and "establishment", you're really just showing your hand as either a fascist or a fool.

It's like burning down your city because you don't want to pay your energy bills. It's the dumbest of all imaginable positions.

Last edited:

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
And... Y'know... A fascist oligarch who literally attempted to overturn the democratic process and has potentially poisoned American democracy forever.

I'm continually baffled by these people who would prefer Trump to any "establishment" politician. When you would rather have someone as utterly vile and authoritarian as Trump rather than someone who is simply boilerplate and "establishment", you're really just showing your hand as either a fascist or an fool.

It's like burning down your city because you don't want to pay your energy bills. It's the dumbest of all imaginable positions.
It is a politics of resentment; it originates from a feeling of being left alone, downtrodden, and helpless. But rather than trying to use that as motivation to make things better for everyone, resentment drives people to make things worse for everyone else. It is, in a way, the total opposite to worker solidarity - the ideology made for vicious infighting.

If I am struggling, then those I consider to be my status level or lower should be struggling, too; if I feel powerless and oppressed, then everybody else on my level deserves to get a taste of those boots as well.