• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cloth Face Coverings (Masks)

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Wonder if this mask will work :confused:
rBVaVF1b86iAVxGNAADk4nwnSl0343.jpg

Terry Sampson

LOL! CDC posted that video April 3, 2019.

Here's a poor quality homemade video
video3gpp_0.3gp
of my sister-in-law's "mask" that she made last Monday.
(She cut elastic rings from socks in lieu of rubber bands.) I have to ask her now if she sent her mask-making video tutorial to the Surgeon General or to CDC. :D
The CDC version would have been more "inspirational" if it had had Ivanka teaching her father how to make one.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
The Ohio Department of Health has issued a statement stating that the CDC has recommended the use of cloth face coverings in public to slow the spread of COVID-19.

Did anyone else notice that the way he folded the fabric left only one thin piece of fabric in the middle where you breathe?
Something a bit wrong about that.....:confused:

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Any mask will help you not touch your mouth or nose

How sad that “any mask” is the best we can do in a pandemic....:(

From what I hear, this kind of pandemic was already planned for but certain people threw the plan away.....that means that everyone should have had all the means available to be as safe as possible, especially those on the frontline.....millions may die and its somebody’s fault. I have a feeling that those people have no conscience. They will accept no responsibility. o_O

**mod edit**

Last edited by a moderator:

whirlingmerc

How sad that “any mask” is the best we can do in a pandemic....:(

From what I hear, this kind of pandemic was already planned for but certain people threw the plan away.....that means that everyone should have had all the means available to be as safe as possible, especially those on the frontline.....millions may die and its somebody’s fault. I have a feeling that those people have no conscience. They will accept no responsibility. o_O

**mod edit**

Didn't say any mask is best, but almost any mask will help reduce the touching of face.

Gloves would not be as helpful. The virus can stick to gloves better than skin and generally attacks though the mouth, nose or eyes

Last edited by a moderator:

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Didn't say any mask is best, but almost any mask will help reduce the touching of face.

Gloves would not be as helpful. The virus can stick to gloves better than skin and generally attacks though the mouth, nose or eyes

Yes, its good not to touch your face.....but that is minimal protection. Droplets are airborne even from people speaking. Unless you have the right fabric, the microscopic nasties will sail right on through. The virus is useless unless it can get inside us and multiply. The right mask is a necessity.

Keeping our distance from others as much as possible is the best plan....yet I see people out walking their dogs and people passing by each other as if nothing can touch them....:shrug:

These are scary times....the British Prime Minister has been admitted to hospital with the virus, so no one is immune. I believe that his pregnant partner has it too.

I heard about the gloves, and some stores are providing hand sanitizer at the door....apparently my local store ran out and cannot get supplies in. If only people would stop panic buying, there would be enough for everyone. Selfishness will only cause more people to get the virus because of lack of disinfectants and hand wash.....what is wrong with these people? :confused: