• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Clinton/Trump Voters: How Will You Vote in November?

How did you/will you vote?

• Clinton 2016, Biden 2020

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • Clinton 2016, Trump 2020

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clinton 2016, 3rd Party/Other Candidate 2020

• Clinton 2016, Won't Vote 2020

• Trump 2016, Biden 2020

• Trump 2016, Trump 2020

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Trump 2016, 3rd Party/Other Candidate 2020

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Trump 2016, Won't Vote 2020

• Total voters

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm curious: for anyone who voted either for Clinton or Trump in the general election in 2016, how are you planning to vote in the general election in 2020? Why?

Have no fear, 2016 3rd party/non-voters, I'm making another thread for you. :)

Shaul

Premium Member
Can’t participate, I didn’t vote for Clinton nor Trump in 2016.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I'm curious: for anyone who voted either for Clinton or Trump in the general election in 2016, how are you planning to vote in the general election in 2020? Why?

Have no fear, 2016 3rd party/non-voters, I'm making another thread for you. :)
It's too early for me.
1) I've not guesstimated what Biden's likely effects in office would be.
2) I'm not sure Biden will even be the Dem's ultimate choice.
3) I don't know who the Libertarian Party will run yet.
But it's 75% (+/- 40%) probability that the LP will be my choice in November.

Edit.....
I decided to vote 3rd party in the poll, given that's the most likely.

Last edited:

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
It's too early for me.
1) I've not guesstimated what Biden's likely effects in office would be.
2) I'm not sure Biden will even be the Dem's ultimate choice.
3) I don't know who the Libertarian Party will run yet.
But it's 75% (+/- 40%) probability that the LP will be my choice in November.

What do you feel like you need to know about Biden that you don't know already, re: #1? And how do you think you'll get that information in the next 5 months?

Also, you voted for Trump in 2016, right? Any chance you'll vote for him again, or has that ship completely sailed for you?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
What do you feel like you need to know about Biden that you don't know already, re: #1? And how do you think you'll get that information in the next 5 months?
If I decide to look into him (if he becomes the nominee), I'll examine
his voting record in the Senate. Past is prologue, ya know.
Issues....
War, civil liberties, constitutional philosophy, spending, taxation, war,
military's role, environmental regulation, regulatory philosophy, & war
Did I mention war?

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
No options for me to select here.

And no, that wasn't me that's the solitary vote in your other thread. Really. Scout's honor*.

*checking to make sure that's still a thing 35 years later.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
No options for me to select here.

And no, that wasn't me that's the solitary vote in your other thread. Really. Scout's honor*.

*checking to make sure that's still a thing 35 years later.

Which option would you like that wasn't available to you?

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Sure, so does that mean you'll vote 3rd party? Or won't vote? Or is there another non-Biden non-Trump option I'm not thinking of?

I'll vote third party. I haven't made a final decision as to whom. I often vote Libertarian, but I'm not particulary thrilled about he Jorgensen/Cohen ticket.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I voted for Hillary last time, though it was more a vote against Pence.
This time, a tear-soaked ballot for Biden. I wish there was better, but Trump has got to go.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
Whoever voted Clinton 2016, Trump 2020 in the poll, come say something! I want to hear your reasons for the switch!

esmith

Veteran Member
Straight Republican ticket where party is denoted. So since I do not know who the Democrats will run for President I can not answer the poll. However my vote will go to the current President no matter who the Democrats run.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
Straight Republican ticket where party is denoted. So since I do not know who the Democrats will run for President I can not answer the poll. However my vote will go to the current President no matter who the Democrats run.

In that case, can't you now answer the poll with, "Trump 2016, Trump 2020"?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
With me, I'll take Curtain #1, although I originally planned on voting for Stein as a protest vote. However, I changed my mind near the end as Trump's demeanor and utter dishonesty told me that he was simply the kind of autocrat-wannabee that could badly hurt this country.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Whoever voted Clinton 2016, Trump 2020 in the poll, come say something! I want to hear your reasons for the switch!
It was me. I'm sick of the Democratic establishment screwing over populist candidates with innovative ideas and forcing tired old elitist puppets on us. This year's primary was the last straw. It's obvious they've learned nothing since 2016 and they need to be punished. At least Trump is willing to try different things, although I disagree with some of his policies. I like his Space Force ideas, his more nationalist policies and that he hasn't gotten us into another war. I also like his straight-forward speaking style and his sense of humor. I'm also more socially conservative than I was.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It was me. I'm sick of the Democratic establishment screwing over populist candidates with innovative ideas and forcing tired old elitist puppets on us. This year's primary was the last straw. It's obvious they've learned nothing since 2016 and they need to be punished. At least Trump is willing to try different things, although I disagree with some of his policies. I like his Space Force ideas, his more nationalist policies and that he hasn't gotten us into another war. I also like his straight-forward speaking style and his sense of humor. I'm also more socially conservative than I was.
This is a very interesting post.....in a good way.