• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Climate Change: Schools of China

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Well, until the actual pollutants that are causing these critters grief get cleaned up to the point where natural forming reefs can occur, this is one stop-gap measure we can do to help jump-start this important carbon sink. We can also plant more green plants and do things to help speed up the carbon sink into the soil, as well. (As we work to clean up the real pollutants at the same time.)
Effort spent on creating reefs would be better spent on
curbing pollution....IMO. Alas, no one ever takes my advice.
Cartoon janitors get no respect.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
Effort spent on creating reefs would be better spent on
curbing pollution....IMO. Alas, no one ever takes my advice.
Cartoon janitors get no respect.
I agree with the cleaning up pollution part. I would focus more on the real pollutants than on carbon dioxide, which everyone seems to freak out over.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Children in China learn Beijing’s version of the climate change story

• Authorities want students to support green campaigns, but for their activism to stop at lowering their carbon footprints
  • Scripted lessons and censorship mean broad acceptance of the dangers of climate change and little impetus to push for more aggressive policies

Yes. China's policies are aggressive and autocratic. I do not believe the referenced source indicates tha China does nothing to lower their carbon foot print. The purpose of your subject needs clarification.

Again, what China does is what China does, and has nothing to do with the reality of global warming, which is a global problem, and yes, different countries deal with it differently. Europe actually is a leader in effectively dealing with Global Warming. To add the United States under Trump did very little or nothing to acknowledge nor deal with Global Warming.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
I agree with the cleaning up pollution part. I would focus more on the real pollutants than on carbon dioxide, which everyone seems to freak out over.

Both should go hand in hand, but neither will prevent Global Warming, because we have passed the point of no return, and there is no international organized effort to deal with the problem.