• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Click here for happiness!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Enjoy the ride that is Life

Life is a journey with many paths and plenty of ups and downs. We have to learn to make the most of the ups and do all we can to get through the downs. Life is an adventure to be enjoyed, and our dogs enjoy every moment.

Have you noticed your dog sticking his head out of the window when having a ride in the car? They are thoroughly enjoying themselves and are taking in the sights and sounds, and we should learn to do the same. Stop and admire everything that’s around you, it truly is beautiful.

10 Things You Can Learn From Your Dog

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Speaking of hope -

Quotation-Saint-Augustine-Hope-has-two-beautiful-daughters-their-names-are-Anger-and-37-6-0681.jpg

TOP 25 HOPE QUOTES (of 1000) | A-Z Quotes

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Tiny Buddha difficult people

Or - tiny buddha best articles

We can change our feelings by changing our thoughts.

In his post 20 Thoughts to Relieve Anxiety and Depression, Dorian Innes shared a variety of thoughts that can change our perspective and help us feel more positive.

Some empowering thoughts include: You can’t control everyone and everything; you are where you are right now because that’s where you need to be; and, success has no standard definition.

The Top 10 Tiny Buddha Insights from 2012

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
More brainstorming for the tv show ...

Positive psychology love yourself -

The very first I click on -

Self-compassion is a vital component of the factors that protect us against depression and the negative outcomes it brings with it. Research has shown that those with low self-compassion are at risk for greater avoidance of their problems, more rumination over their negative thoughts and feelings, and worse functioning (Krieger, Altenstein, Baettig, Doerig, & Holtforth, 2013).

In addition, self-compassion can act as a buffer between us and self-judgment, isolation, and over-identification—common issues in depression. Those with higher self-compassion are not only generally less troubled by these symptoms, but they are also better able to cope with them than those who do not show themselves as much compassion.

What is Self-Compassion and Self-Love? (Definition, Quotes + Books)

Enjoy your day!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
TOP 25 LOVE QUOTES (of 1000) | A-Z Quotes

At times, it’s seemed as though life contains an endless supply of days.

I thought this for sure when I was younger. It didn’t matter how long I held a grudge or how long I waited to do something I wanted—there would be an unlimited pool of other opportunities. At least, that’s what I thought back then.

Maybe it’s a rite of passage from childhood to adulthood, the moment when you realize life happens now and that’s all you’re guaranteed. It doesn’t really hit you when you merely know it intellectually, like you know your ABCs, state capitals, and other concrete facts.

It hits you when somehow you feel it. Your health declines. You lose someone you love. A tragedy rocks your world. It isn’t until you realize that all life fades that you consider now a commodity, and a scarce one at that.

But maybe that’s irrelevant. Maybe living a meaningful, passionate life has nothing to do with its length and everything to do with its width.

With this in mind, I recently asked Tiny Buddha’s Facebook friends, “How do you live life to the fullest?” I was inspired by what they had to say, so I’ve used them to create this list:

30 Ways to Live Life to the Fullest

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
More from Robert Holden -

Remind me to include MORE from recent brainstorming session! Such as -

Teachings on love (Thich Nhat Hanh)

:)

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
lifeoptimizer.org happiness

MUCH more than I expected on love thy neighbor page - remind me - you know what I am like!

Enjoy the resto of your evening

:)

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Home page -

The first step to reaching your full potential, I believe, is appreciating your life. Why? Because the more you appreciate your life, the more you will want to make the most of it.

Next, it’s important that you grow in a balanced way. There are five aspects of life: work, health, learning, social, and spiritual. True success comes from being strong in all five aspects and keep them balanced. Read more on the five aspects of life and my definition of true success.

Read much more -

Start Here

Enjoy your day!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
More from brainstorming ideas for mental health -

Good reads quotes self love

Self Love Quotes (3000 quotes)

For example -

“The person in life that you will always be with the most, is yourself. Because even when you are with others, you are still with yourself, too! When you wake up in the morning, you are with yourself, laying in bed at night you are with yourself, walking down the street in the sunlight you are with yourself.What kind of person do you want to walk down the street with? What kind of person do you want to wake up in the morning with? What kind of person do you want to see at the end of the day before you fall asleep? Because that person is yourself, and it's your responsibility to be that person you want to be with. I know I want to spend my life with a person who knows how to let things go, who's not full of hate, who's able to smile and be carefree. So that's who I have to be.”

― C. JoyBell C.

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Article about self-awareness -

Increasing self-awareness of false attitudes or inappropriate behaviors requires peace of mind, time, attention and focus. Knowing ahead of time that we can indeed change in positive ways through deeper self-awareness makes it worth working on those personal qualities we most value. But first we must look within ourselves through self-examination to see what’s there, which is often less obvious than we think.

Why does self-awareness matter?

High self-awareness is a solid predictor of good success in life, perhaps because a self-aware person knows when an opportunity is a good fit for them and how to make an appropriate enterprise work well. Quite frankly, most of us are running on “autopilot,” hardly aware of why we succeed or fail, or why we behave as we do. Our minds are so busy with daily chatter that we usually only self-reflect when something goes awfully wrong.

From this blog -

What Is Self-Awareness, and How Do You Get It?

All the best!