• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Click here for happiness!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
If you are on the internet searching for happiness, it is probably because you don’t have it. So in your pursuit of happiness you have landed here. This page isn’t happiness itself, but may be an important step to getting there. I’m going to tell you two things.

#1: Clicking links on web sites is an indirect way to find and feel good emotions

The issue is that you are searching for a feeling along the lines of joy, fulfillment, and peace yet your attention is on internet search links and article copy. It will be difficult for you to find a feeling internally if your attention is on something external. You might have read that #1 and interpreted it as getting to this site is the wrong way to happiness. It’s not. This site is literally Pathway To Happiness (PTH). Those feelings will have to be created, and found within you. Luckily, that’s what PTH guides people to do.

Happiness - how to live a happier life

:)

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"I was neurotic for years. I was anxious and depressed and selfish. Everyone kept telling me to change. I resented them and I agreed with them, and I wanted to change, but simply couldn't, no matter how hard I tried. Then one day someone said to me, Don't change. I love you just as you are. Those words were music to my ears: Don't change, Don't change. Don't change ... I love you as you are. I relaxed. I came alive. And suddenly I changed!"

TOP 25 QUOTES BY ANTHONY DE MELLO (of 228) | A-Z Quotes

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"True friends see who we really are, hear our words and the feelings behind them, hold us in the safe harbor of their embrace, and accept us as we are. Good friends mirror our best back to us, forgive us our worst, and believe we will evolve into wise, wacky, and wonderful old people. Dear friends give us their undivided attention, encourage us to laugh, and entice us into silliness. And we do the same for them. A true friend gives us the courage to be ourselves because he or she is with us always and in all ways. In the safety of such friendships, our hearts can fully open."

~ Anon?

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"The great spiritual practitioners are those who have made a pledge, or developed the determination, to eradicate all of their negative states of mind in order to help to bring ultimate happiness to all sentient beings. They have this kind of vision or aspiration. This requires a tremendous sense of self-confidence."

~ Dalai Lama

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Behavioral scientists have spent a lot of time studying what makes us happy (and what doesn’t). We know happiness can predict health and longevity, and happiness scales can be used to measure social progress and the success of public policies. But happiness isn’t something that just happens to you. Everyone has the power to make small changes in our behavior, our surroundings and our relationships that can help set us on course for a happier life.

Read all of our Guides for Living Smarter.

Comes from The NY Times site on wellness -

https://www.nytimes.com/guides/well/how-to-be-happy

:)

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
If you are in the mood 4 more from the Dalai Lama

Compassion for our fellow human beings is the key to happiness

One great question underlies our experience, whether we think about it consciously or not: What is the purpose of life?

I believe that the purpose of life is to be happy. From the moment of birth, every human being wants happiness and does not want suffering. Neither social conditioning nor education nor ideology affects this.

Therefore, it is important to discover what will bring about the greatest degree of happiness.

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Being in nature can improve your mood. Here's a few spots to consider -

green-1072828_960_720.jpg

iceland-4475920_960_720.jpg

https://pixabay.com/images/search/beautiful landscape/

Enjoy!