• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Click here for happiness!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
From this morning's emails ...

Ego obstacle happiness?

No matter where you are and what you’re doing, your worst enemy is always with you—your ego.

“Not me,” you think. “No one would ever call me an egomaniac.” Maybe you’ve always thought of yourself as a pretty balanced person. But for any person with ambitions, talents, drives, and potential to fulfill, ego comes with the territory. Precisely what makes us so promising as thinkers, doers, creatives, and entrepreneurs—what drives us to the top of those fields—makes us vulnerable to this darker side of our psyche.

Full article here -

Meet Your Worst Enemy

Plus checkout the rest of that blog ...

Enjoy!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Happiness contract -

Most importantly, it is no one else's job to create happiness for me. No friend, partner or child in my life is responsible for helping me find or sustain my happiness. Creating lasting happiness is not about keeping my ego fed with compliments or pats on the back reinforcing that I am doing the right thing. True happiness comes when my insides and my outsides are a genuine reflection of each other. It takes courage to find that place…and I will seek it every day.

Click here to read more -

My Happiness Contract — The Optimists Journal

:)

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
happiness-quotes-3.jpg

More here -

85 Quotes On Being Happy With Where You Are in Life

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
“Be happy for no reason, like a child. If you are happy for a reason, you’re in trouble, because that reason can be taken from you.”

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
I keep finding them ...

Reasons to Be Happy Even if Things Aren’t Perfect Now -

Enjoying the present moment is a habit that takes practice.

If you always look toward tomorrow for happiness, odds are you will do the same when you attain what you’ve been dreaming of. As strange it sounds, the ability to appreciate what’s in front of you has nothing to do with what you actually have. It’s more about how you measure the good things in your life at any given time.

Practice wanting what you have and it will feel even sweeter when you eventually have what you want. Look around—what’s in front of you that you can enjoy?

https://tinybuddha.com/blog/7-reasons-to-be-happy-even-if-things-aren’t-perfect-now/

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
“Never forget that you are one of a kind. Never forget that if there weren’t any need for you in all your uniqueness to be on this earth, you wouldn’t be here in the first place. And never forget, no matter how overwhelming life’s challenges and problems seem to be, that one person can make a difference in the world. In fact, it is always because of one person that all the changes that matter in the world come about. So be that one person.”

~ R Buckminster Fuller.

5 Ways to Overcome Obstacles on the Path of Awakening

Enjoy!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Becoming Like a Child

It is often said that we must return to the state of being a “child” in order to experience divinity or oneness, just as we were said to have experienced before we developed a sense of self that created separation between us and existence.

The unity with life experienced by a child is not the same as the unity experienced by an adult. The child experiences a state of “fusion” with life as they haven’t yet developed a separate identity and consequently have never tasted anything else. However, the adult who has developed, integrated, and transcended their sense of self, acquires a completely different experience of unity and deep connection with life. This unity experienced by the adult is one of responsibility, of awareness of the interconnection between themselves and existence.

This sense of responsibility is what distinguishes whether we regress to a “child-like” state where we shift our personal responsibility onto outside forces (like God or Karma), or whether we develop a “child-like being” that is fully aware of the affects of our actions due to our feeling of unity with life.

Click here for the rest -

Why You Need to Forget Positivity, Keep Your Ego and Embrace Your Darkness

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
I cannot change you. I cannot change other people. So I have decided to put all of my energy where I have the most leverage , where I know I can make a difference. Instead of being upset that this world is not populated the way I want it to be populated, I have decided to become the citizen that I want the world to be populated with. That's how I create the vision.

Zukav again ...

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Reasons Thinking Like a Child Will Make You Happier

"Those were the days.” It’s a phrase adults often find themselves saying when they see a kid being, well, a kid. Childhood is an idyllic life stage for a reason—without the responsibilities, worries, and expectations of adulthood, there’s not much to be unhappy about. That doesn't mean, however, that grownups can’t learn a thing or two from their younger counterparts on how to live a more blissful existence. Here, a handful of reasons why thinking more like a kid can change your life for the better.

Click here for more tips -

8 Reasons Thinking Like a Child Will Make You Happier

:)

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Thich Nhat Hanh is now 93!

Here's some of his teachings - includes peace & happiness -

“The essence of our practice can be described as transforming suffering into happiness,” says Thich Nhat Hanh. Here, he offers five practices to nourish our happiness daily.

We all want to be happy and there are many books and teachers in the world that try to help people be happier. Yet we all continue to suffer.

Therefore, we may think that we’re “doing it wrong.” Somehow we are “failing at happiness.” That isn’t true. Being able to enjoy happiness doesn’t require that we have zero suffering. In fact, the art of happiness is also the art of suffering well. When we learn to acknowledge, embrace, and understand our suffering, we suffer much less. Not only that, but we’re also able to go further and transform our suffering into understanding, compassion, and joy for ourselves and for others.

One of the most difficult things for us to accept is that there is no realm where there’s only happiness and there’s no suffering. This doesn’t mean that we should despair. Suffering can be transformed. As soon as we open our mouth to say “suffering,” we know that the opposite of suffering is already there as well. Where there is suffering, there is happiness.

The Best of Thich Nhat Hanh: Life, Quotes, and Books - Lion's Roar

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
More at that site - a link that popped up -

I think everyone who meets His Holiness the Dalai Lama comes away feeling they have been changed for the better. That was certainly true for me. Spending an hour in his presence, talking about life, human nature, and Buddhism, was a life-changing experience. As I write this many weeks later, the glow has not worn off.

Why does the Dalai Lama touch so many people, not just those he meets personally but the hundreds of millions around the world who are inspired by his message of wisdom and kindness? I think it’s because he sees past all our differences and connects with the essence of who we are as human beings. He opens our hearts and touches our deepest longing for a life of happiness and affection. He makes us feel it is possible.

Before our interview, I watched His Holiness greet people in the courtyard outside. Young and old, Tibetan, Indian, and Westerner, well-off and poor, he opened his heart to everyone, and they to him. I witnessed too his deep connection with the Tibetan people, as he blessed a small group who had made the arduous journey from Tibet to meet their national and spiritual leader. As they wept, the Dalai Lama expressed his love and concern for them. It was deeply moving to see. I went inside for an hour of life-changing conversation.

The Ultimate Happiness: An exclusive interview with the Dalai Lama

Enjoy!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Thich Nhat Hanh is now 93!

He has written dozens of books that have proved very popular around the world ...

“The essence of our practice can be described as transforming suffering into happiness,” says Thich Nhat Hanh. Here, he offers five practices to nourish our happiness daily.

We all want to be happy and there are many books and teachers in the world that try to help people be happier. Yet we all continue to suffer.

Therefore, we may think that we’re “doing it wrong.” Somehow we are “failing at happiness.” That isn’t true. Being able to enjoy happiness doesn’t require that we have zero suffering. In fact, the art of happiness is also the art of suffering well. When we learn to acknowledge, embrace, and understand our suffering, we suffer much less. Not only that, but we’re also able to go further and transform our suffering into understanding, compassion, and joy for ourselves and for others.

One of the most difficult things for us to accept is that there is no realm where there’s only happiness and there’s no suffering. This doesn’t mean that we should despair. Suffering can be transformed. As soon as we open our mouth to say “suffering,” we know that the opposite of suffering is already there as well. Where there is suffering, there is happiness.

More of his teachings on this site -

5 Practices for Nurturing Happiness -- Thich Nhat Hanh – Lion's Roar

Enjoy!