• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Click here for happiness!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
That’s where optimism comes in. Optimism means realizing that no matter how bad things may turn out today, there will always be a window of opportunity tomorrow. It starts with accepting that life may not always be the way you want it to be, so you need to turn the odds in your favor and keep moving forward.

In this article, we share with you 33 optimism quotes from famous people who have had their fair share of unimaginable challenges and obstacles. However, they maintained their optimism and were able to flip the tables and became successful.

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"Embracing our dark side gives us a new found freedom to be with the darkness in others. For when I can love all of me, I will love all of you."

Debbie Ford

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
We often talk of widening the circles of compassion.

In this week's talk, we'll explore the qualities of mature compassion, what blocks us from this embodied and inclusive caring, and how each of us can awaken a heart that responds to our world’s suffering.

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Is Awakening a Gradual Process or a Sudden Shift?

When any of us dedicate ourselves in earnest to a spiritual practice, it eventually begins to bear fruit in our everyday lives. We begin to notice that we have more space around our thoughts and emotions. We gain more frequent access to higher states and perspectives. We have more insights and a deeper connection to meaning and purpose.

These fruits of the practice are our first indication that we have entered into a genuine process of spiritual awakening. But what can we expect from here? Is this process of awakening something that continues forever, gradually unfolding ever higher potentials? Or will we at some point undergo a sudden and final shift, after which we will be permanently awake to this higher consciousness?

In this 5-minute video, Craig illuminates the deep subtleties of the awakening process, highlighting the concrete ways in which awakening can involve both a gradual strengthening of our “inner muscles” and sudden, life-altering shifts from which we can never return.

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac

Huge site!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Secret to lasting happiness

Gina Lake enlightenment {YouTube}

Accept your flaws - timely!!!!! The ONLY way you will ever accept others for being imperfect!

Enjoy your rowsing!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Bell Hooks love quotes

“One of the best guides to how to be self-loving is to give ourselves the love we are often dreaming about receiving from others. There was a time when I felt lousy about my over-forty body, saw myself as too fat, too this, or too that. Yet I fantasized about finding a lover who would give me the gift of being loved as I am. It is silly, isn't it, that I would dream of someone else offering to me the acceptance and affirmation I was withholding from myself. This was a moment when the maxim "You can never love anybody if you are unable to love yourself" made clear sense. And I add, "Do not expect to receive the love from someone else you do not give yourself.”

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Acts of Kindness for Kids

But did you know that while kindness is one of the most powerful character traits, 80% of middle schoolers ranked personal success as more important than kindness?

According to parentingkindkids.com, 80% of kids also think their parents rank personal success as more important than caring for others.

But despite this, of course, we all want to raise caring kids. And we all want to be kind ourselves.

I want to shout from the rooftops, “Above all else, always choose kindness.”

What’s one way we can choose kindness?

We can encourage our children to engage in acts of kindness, and we can also model acts of kindness.