• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Click here for happiness!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Raise money for a good cause.

Increasingly, social media can be used to raise money for good causes. My friend Kyra sold T-shirts on Facebook to raise money for an organization she wanted to support. And Patrick asked friends to donate to a charity for his birthday present. You can do things like this too. By making your online interactions less about yourself and more about making a positive difference for others, you'll likely feel better about yourself and boost your happiness.

Read more at this site -

6 New Ways to Make a Difference in the World

All the best

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
"By liberating our minds from ideas of “better than,” “worse than,” or “the same as,” we liberate ourselves from all views of “self” and “other.” ----- Christina Feldman, “Long Journey to a Bow”

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
A Self-Compassion Practice to Rewire Your Brain for Resilience

This is an exercise from resilience expert Linda Graham for shifting our awareness and bringing acceptance to the experience of the moment. It helps to practice this self-compassion break when any emotional upset or distress is still reasonably manageable—to create and strengthen the neural circuits that can do this shifting and re-conditioning when things are really tough.

How to Be More Compassionate: A Mindful Guide to Compassion - Mindful

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Fun philosophical questions

Good reads schizophrenia quotes

Transforming suffering

Youtube fifth dimension

Help others spiritually awaken - sep thread?

Enjoy!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Questions life happiness

If a search for "secret to happiness," which leads to over 345 million Google results is any indicator, clearly, the question of how to feel pleasure and contentment is an elusive one. It would be great if there was one simple, universal answer, wouldn't it? But part of the reason the pursuit is so complex is that "happiness" looks totally different for different people.

That's why a major key is finding out what it means to you. According to psychologist and Detox Your Thoughts ($19) author Andrea Bonior, PhD, there are two types of happiness: hedonic and eudaimonic. Both are important, but will vary in how they appear from person to person. "Hedonic happiness is about feeling good and pleasure," she says, explaining that one example of this is savoring a delicious meal. "Eudaimonic happiness is connected to a deeper sense of fulfillment. It's a sense of feeling connected to what matters to you, even when things aren't always happy or joyful."

Read the full article here -

5 Important Questions To Ask Yourself for Long-Lasting Happiness

:)

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Deep life questions

Plus this -

Healthy happy impactful things to be grateful for

Dozens! We do seem to need constant reminding!

:)

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Fun questions to ask your family - a few!!!

Self growth questions

Deep questions personal growth

Questions about change in life or ->

Questions change your life!

Questions life happiness

Deep life questions

Try - thoughtcatalog.com questions - many collections! with literally hundreds ...

Enjoy your browsing!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
More for John?

Try - thehealthy.com depression quotes - a few!

Self love questions

Also - bookriot.com mental health {depression?} - yep - both - yet 2 fully - you know me :)

Things happy people never do

Depression love yourself

Enjoy your browsing!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
There's a popular song by Bobby McFerrin called "Don't Worry, Be Happy." It's a great sentiment. If we could all stop worrying and choose to be happy, that would be wonderful, but for some people, it's not that simple. We all have the desire to obtain happiness, yet at times it appears to be unattainable. Obstacles are standing in your way. It might be a matter of slowing down your pace and analyzing what's stopping you from being content and having a happy life. It's natural to become frustrated when you can't seem to find joy in anything and think, "Why can't I just be happy?" The reality is you can't force yourself to be happy if you're not. What you can do is recognize negative thought patterns that keep cycling and make a concerted effort to change them. You may need the help of a licensed online therapist or mental health professional to accomplish these goals.

My Life Is Great, So Why Can’t I Be Happy? Solutions To Find Happiness Again | BetterHelp

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
More for our depression page? -

Awakening through adversity

Spiritual awakening depression

Lopes awakening myths at YouTube -

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
I was teaching a young woman how to meditate and found myself wondering whether her depression was actually the beginning of a spiritual awakening.

When I asked her why she wanted to learn to meditate, she shared that she’d been experiencing mild anxiety and depression for some time. She wanted to feel more peaceful inside and her counselor recommended she give meditation a try.

What we uncovered as the session progressed, surprised both of us.

This woman was experiencing the inner conflict and turmoil that often accompanies the process of spiritual awakening and a transition that is referred to as a “dark night of the soul.”

As her story unfolded, she told me that she had no idea who she was and felt very disconnected. She felt an inner tug of war between following her own path and meeting the expectations of others and the societal norms that have given her the message that her happiness would be hinged on material success, getting married, and having children.

Read the rest here -

Is This Depression Or Am I Experiencing A Spiritual Awakening?

All the best!