• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Click here for happiness!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
What life lesson did you learn the hard way?

I actually had previously answered this one in a previous post What I Know For Sure — Control only relates to you. You can only control yourself, no one else (damn). This has been a hard, tortuous, agonizing lesson to learn. Doesn’t everyone know that if they did it my way that life would be perfect?

Hundreds more -

365 Deep & Thought Provoking Questions to Ask Yourself (& Others)

Enjoy!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
I teach a lot about ego work. I have found it to be one of the most powerful tools in my own healing journey. If you commit to this practice, you will have life-changing transformations.

Ego work is for you if:

– you feel emotionally depleted
– you’re “stuck”
– life doesn’t feel joyful
– you feel ready to let go of black and white thinking
– you find yourself in unfulfilling or toxic relationships
– you find connecting with other people difficult or like something is missing
– your beliefs are rigid and you’d like to grow
– you are ready to heal

Before I outline the practice, I want to remind you that it is just that: a practice. This is not something that has a “hack” or something that comes quickly. Ego work is a shift in consciousness. Consciousness is only shifted via repetition.

How to Do Ego Work - The Holistic Psychologist

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Everyone wants to be happy. And successful. Trouble is, happiness and success are so amorphous, so hard to define, that it can be tough to know how to make them happen. But what if you could focus on doing a few easy things that would let you be the best, most upbeat version of you? We talked to experts and came up with a list of eight crucial character traits, whittled down from a longer roster of 24 traits devised by Christopher Peterson, Ph.D., and Martin Seligman, Ph.D., leaders in the field of positive psychology, the study of what makes people happy. We call them the great eight, and each one will help you reach your potential in a slightly different way, whether by having deeper relationships or by zeroing in on your work strengths. Try the tips on these pages to bring them out in yourself, then prepare yourself: Your life is about to get better, happier and more fulfilling than ever.

8 Ways to a Happier You

:)

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"What do I think? I think that I honestly have NO idea how I managed to survive literally hundreds of trips to the darkest side of the human experience. It is a genuine miracle that I never ONCE ended up in prison or the grave. So, I often wonder if I have any useful advice for those who are struggling along the best way they know how. I suppose if I can survive with most of my marbles then there must be hope for everyone because I used to be the MOST angry & cynical person you would ever be likely to meet. If you had suggested to me that I would get RIGHT into meditation and reading books like "Conversations with God" and that I would start to treat everybody around me with kindness & compassion ... well ... I would have absolutely laughed in your FACE! So ... nobody is MORE amazed than me! But why are only a small percentage of people totally transformed by their suffering? It is the BIG mystery of the human experience on this planet!"

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
More emails etc -

Giving

Mighty Reads

Happiness practices around the world

Subtle art happiness? - yep - a few books!

Happiness inner enemy

Or - Enemies to a happy life -

How Not to Be Your Own Worst Enemy

Happiness accepting your flaws

Narcissism unhappy life

Happiness help those in need

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Happiness altruism

Happiness accept present moment

Best life online happiness

Fun activities for family gatherings?

Enjoy!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Happiness keep learning

Ways to improve your mood

YouTube book summary happiness? - yep - I really need more videos 2 watch!!

Happiness lavender

Happy herb company

Herbs for happiness?

Relationship with happiness - not quite what I was after! - where DID I read it?

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
More emails!

Life changing books {YouTube?}

Daily gratitude journal prompts

Mindfulness journal prompts

Self care journal prompts

Develop good habits journaling - huge site!

Enjoy your browsing!