• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Click here for happiness!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
How to Find Clarity When You’re Confused About What to Do

You know that state of confusion where you feel really unsure about what to do—you’re talking about it with all of your friends, making lists, weighing options, lying awake all night?

As confused and unsure as you may feel in those moments, you’re not. You have much more clarity than you think.

Re-read that last line again. You have a lot more clarity than you think. You see, clarity is what you are. It’s what you’re born with, it’s your true nature, and it’s what is always there underneath the mess of confusing thought that sometimes dances on the surface.

Confusing thought is there in spades. Being lost in your own personal thought is what produces the feeling of confusion.

More at Tiny Buddha -

How to Find Clarity When You’re Confused About What to Do

Enjoy your day!

:)

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Be-kind-always-600x600.png

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Think back to your elementary school playground. If it was anything like mine, it was a case study in how to have fun in a pure and free way, completely devoid of any self-conscious thoughts. On the blacktop of my alma mater, a group of gym-class heroes played kickball with World Cup-level intensity. In front of the school, the popular girls jumped rope and practiced their older sisters’ cheerleading routines until their voices were raspy. Yet another adventurous clique would flip and leap from the monkey bars, while across the street, the less athletically inclined kids (AKA me) would lose themselves in some elaborate game of make believe. The through line here is that we were all having joyful, thrilling fun. As I’ve grown up though, the very concept of fun has fallen victim to adulteration, a word whose very definition implies the act of corrupting something to make it impure. Basically, I’m confused about fun: how to do it, what it should feel like, and whether or not it’s even possible for adults.

Comes from this site -

Real question: Is it possible to have unadulterated fun as an adult?

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Laughter leads to playfulness, and playfulness equally leads you back to laughter. An easy way to laugh spontaneously more is to play more, because laughter is a natural outcome of playful behaviors. Give yourself permission to play every day!

Here is list of 40 ideas to experience childlike playfulness – the preciousness of fantasy and imagination – as adults. Find the ones that appeal to you and try them! Even if they do not make you laugh upfront, assuming there is resonance they will/should loosen you up and prepare yourself for laughter.

https://www.laughteronlineuniversity.com/40-ideas-to-experience-childlike-playfulness-as-adults/

Scroll down to more articles!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Ways adults can be more playful - leads to -

When we lose ourselves in play, whether creating a make-believe world, throwing a ball between friends, frolicking with our dog, or watching silly YouTube videos, we allow ourselves to get out of the linear, problem-solution, adult mindset.

We’re activating a part of our brains that we don’t use much in the grown-up world: the one that doesn’t care about deadlines or mortgages or how much we weigh, the one that doesn’t care how we look to others.

More at Tiny Buddha -

10 Ways to Make Your Life More Playful

Also check-out their menus etc - I highly recommend it!

Enjoy!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
In his highly controversial book, 12 Rules for Life, psychologist Jordan Peterson combines innovative new research with ancient ideas and offers 12 rules for living a happy, meaningful and successful life.

Suggestions such as rule #1 – stand up straight with shoulders back – may seem cliche at first glance. However, Peterson argues with surprising and practical wisdom that alters both the minds and hearts of his readers.

The central theme that change is possible, hinges on values like personal responsibility and discipline as an antidote to chaos.

Though not a fast read, the book is funny, educational and insightful for those who want to change what is within their personal power to do.

https://upjourney.com/best-books-on-happiness-and-joy

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Try these too -

Best happiness books reviews

Mindfulness: Will It Make Me Happy? (upjourney.com)

Greater good gratitude

Enjoy!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Elite daily happiness -

I think one of the main things people tend to get wrong about happiness is this one-size-fits-all mentality that comes along with it. See, happiness is a relative term, and my definition of happiness probably doesn't match your version of the emotion, at least not entirely. But, either way, you and I both probably have grandiose images in our heads of what happiness feels like, looks like, smells like, and maybe even what it tastes like (hello, chocolate). In truth, if I’ve learned anything from my 26 years of life, it’s that nothing is ever the way you expect it to be. It could be better, though, if you let it be.

Science Says This Simple Switch In Perspective Can Make A Big Difference In Your Happiness

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Flow is a state of complete absorption and full involvement in the present moment. It is marked by intense concentration, a sense of timelessness, and a loss of self-consciousness. It’s a deeply healing and enjoyable state and one that greatly contributes to our happiness.

Sonja Lyubomirsky, a leading happiness researcher, explains some of its benefits in her book The How of Happiness:

Many more tips -

What makes people happy? Habits of Happy People – Backed By Research

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Practicing gratitude, in particular, may feel artificial, but study after study has shown it to be one of the most powerful activities we can engage in. Lyubomirsky says, “Gratitude is a great way to consider what’s good about your life, instead of focusing on what’s not good or what other people have that you don’t. Lots of people say it’s hokey to count your blessings, and I’m actually one of them, but the payoff is tremendous.”

What Is Happiness Anyway? - Mindful

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Develop 31 good habits happy people -

Mindfulness is similar to savoring. It is defined on mindful.org as ‘the basic human ability to be fully present, aware of where we are and what we’re doing, and not overly reactive or overwhelmed by what’s going on around us.’

Mindfulness involves being able to observe whatever is present in the here and now (e.g. thoughts and emotions) in a nonjudgmental way. Most often, it is developed through the practice of regular meditation.

If you’re unfamiliar with this technique, you may wonder why anyone would try to develop better awareness of their thoughts, emotions, or actions. What’s the point? It’s hard to explain how it works exactly, but the science shows mindfulness provides benefits ranging from improved health, stronger immune system, less pain, all the way to better stress resilience, less anxiety, depression, etc. As far as happiness is concerned, Sonja Lyubomirsky talks about the benefits mindfulness brings to the table in The How of Happiness:

From that earlier site - post number 35 - lists 31 habits - which is quite a lot :)

Enjoy!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Good habits create a happy life -

Happiness looks different for everyone. For you, maybe it’s being at peace with who you are. Or having a secure network of friends who accept you unconditionally. Or the freedom to pursue your deepest dreams.

Regardless of your version of true happiness, living a happier, more satisfied life is within reach. A few tweaks to your regular habits can help you get there.

Habits matter. If you’ve ever tried breaking a bad habit, you know all too well how engrained they are.

Well, good habits are deeply engrained, too. Why not work on making positive habits part of your routine?

https://www.healthline.com/health/how-to-be-happy

Ciao!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
One more search - leads here -

Creative. Who do you associate that with?

Does the mental image of a crazy artist metarialize? A chaotic person. Someone constantly fueled with ideas.

Not a businessman. Not a scientist. Certainly not a mathematician.

But think about Michelangelo: one of the most genius artists and sculptors of all time. He was also secretly a passionate scientist (secretly because it was forbidden in his time). Those two things do not contradict each other.

I love writing and love being creative. But I’m also pretty good with math.

The pivotal part about creativity is creating. All of us are secret creators, whether we used to make up our own worlds or build Lego castles when we were kids. Creation is in our DNA.
But when we were children, we possessed faith. We believed in our creations –that they were awesome, worthy of attention and enriched the world of others.

The full-article is here -

The 10 steps to happiness — How to be creative and why you should

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Breaking out of your comfort zone -

Anxiety usually comes from a fear of the unknown. Usually we imagine the worst-case scenario of what could happen when we push past the boundaries of what makes us feel safe.

To break through your comfort zone, you need to first educate yourself. Your goal here is to find out about whatever skill or activity you’re pursuing. You’ll talk to people who have done the same thing. You’ll read books on the subject. And you’ll check-out articles on the Internet about this subject.

Information is power. And the more you know about something, the less scary and more powerful you’ll feel.

The full list is at this site -

How to Get Out of Your Comfort Zone (7 Simple Steps)