• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Click here for happiness!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Looks 2 be an other interesting site from first impressions - habits of optimists? -

Take a piece of paper or use the keyboard and record your answer “What makes you optimistic?”

Is it the opportunities to come? Life experience? Positive family and friends? Your mindset?

If you’re ready, share your answer in our million voices of optimism project.

We’ve collected thousands of answers and there are no repeats - each of us has a different set of reasons to believe all will be well in the future - that things will work out.

Amongst my favourites, is a neuroscientist’s answer "Optimism is the evidence for the dreams yet to be realised.”

Or a journalist’s “Optimism is our best chance to be alive instead of just live.”

Plus a few videos I have yet 2 watch ...

The Habits of the Optimist

:)

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Also - ways to think positive {thoughts}

You have probably heard a thing or two about the benefits of positive thinking. Research suggests that positive thinkers have better stress coping skills, stronger immunity, and a lower risk of cardiovascular disease.1

While it is not a health panacea, taking an optimistic view rather than ruminating on negative thoughts can benefit your overall mental well-being. Fortunately, there are things that you can do to learn how to think more positively.

5 Ways to Think More Positively

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
One more on that theme - positive self talk -

Positive self-talk is about speaking to yourself and treating yourself with kindness and compassion, just like you would treat someone you love, says clinical and forensic neuropsychologist Judy Ho, PhD. It stems from positive psychology, which she defines as “the study of what makes humans flourish and operate at their best. It’s about leaning into strengths rather than focusing solely on our weaknesses, and using our strengths to solve problems in our lives.”

6 Ways to Practice Positive Self-Talk To Improve Self Esteem | Well+Good

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Acceptance by its very nature is imperfect; it’s messy and often unpleasant, while ultimately leading to a place of growth, a sense of freedom, and a life familiar with ease. I know this because I have had a lot of painful acceptance in my life, and it has been crucial to helping me move beyond the stuckness of fear and suffering.

Years ago, being the natural striving, fun-seeking, achievement-oriented person I was, I ignored the fact that my body felt like a truck had run over it. I pushed, faked, and hid what my body was really feeling… until it all came to a screeching halt.

Diagnosed with lupus, an autoimmune disease, and a future of chronic pain or worse, I had to give up the impressive job, the active social life, and the self-image that had all propped me up in the world. And then what was left?

Acceptance Is Not Passive; It's the Path to Peace - Tiny Buddha

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Life skills compassion {self} -

Self-Compassion As A Life Skill ⋆ In Pursuit of Happiness

When asked to name essential life skills, practical abilities probably come to mind first. Changing a tire, cooking a meal, our ability to make good decisions or exhibit self-control are examples of different skills that make life much easier for human adults. One life skill that we probably do not consider right away is our ability to practice self-compassion.

In general, we’re not programmed to think about “soft skills”, such as our capacity to be kind to ourselves, as important.

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Some articles about self-compassion at a recent site -

self-compassion - Thrive Global

Practicing mindfulness is a gesture of kindness toward yourself, your family, and your community. Taking time for intentional rest, learning to build emotional agility, and connecting with your undefended heart — these are the skills that mindfulness practice teaches us.

To give you a gentle jump start, I’ve gathered advice from experts in the field of research-backed mindfulness. These simple tips will help you navigate every day-challenges, tame worry and anxiety, tune into your surroundings with greater awareness and compassion, and allow you to tap into a deep well of resilience — for yourself and for those around you.

3 Simple Ways to Find Calm and Nourish Resilience

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
At 5 am ...

Try - happiness looking after yourself - from a recent site but not free ... so ...

Plus suggested searches -

Your emotional and mental self-care is just as important as the physical. Take time out to heal those old wounds causing emotional pain. Self-care here can take the form of reading an inspirational book, some new input, practising yoga, tai chi or Pilates to move the energy around and undo some of those energy blockages. Focus on your breath and breathe out your frustration and anger. Notice how you breathe during the day and if it is in the top part of your chest, realise that you are stressed. Make your breathing just that little bit deeper. Imagine you are breathing into below your naval. That is where your second energy centre is and the centre of your creativity. It will calm you and sharpen your mind, plus provide many other benefits such as releasing negative emotions and stress. Add to this some stretching and gentle exercises.

Self-care is important for your happiness -

Looooks a huge site from the menus????

Enjoy the rest of your day!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Happiness observe your thoughts? -

One of the foundations of inner peace for me is realizing that I am not my thoughts. In order to do that, though—and this is pretty much the core of everything I practice and write about—I had to learn to observe my thoughts, to recognize that the thoughts exist on their own plane, and that thoughts weren’t the same as me.

When I first began this journey to find inner peace without medication, learning to observe my thoughts seemed impossible, like peeling that last slippery layer of film off an onion. I was my thoughts; my thoughts were me. I was so identified with my mind that I was barely aware of thoughts as something separate. The only time I had ever noticed them before were times when songs wedged themselves in my mind on a loop, often with lyrics that brought to light what I was really feeling (“Why Do Fools Fall in Love” was pretty much on endless repeat in my 20s and 30s).

Learning How to Observe Thoughts - Living the Mess

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Happiness emotional pain -

People enter therapy because they are, in some way, suffering. Whatever the specifics of their situation, most patients are struggling with at least one significant problem: avoidance. When people try to avoid their struggles and pain, they are also avoiding their own experience – and this leads to more problems and unhappiness.

People often don’t even realize when they are actively avoiding certain feelings or experiences. Some signs that you might be engaging in avoidance are:

Are You Sabotaging Your Happiness By Avoiding Emotional Pain?

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
More emails during lock-down -

Here's that Aussie group from hte 70's -

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=skyhooks+ego+is+not+a+dirty+word

Did you ever watch CountDown - not sure when it finished up ...

I also mentioned Dolores Cannon and some of her videos -

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=dolores+cannon

I suppose lock-down means more time for browsing?

Her books would be interesting reading if/when I get around to actually ...

Oh yes - we also spoke of the human ego and this site has a different slant than many spiritual sites -

Healing Your Relationship to Your Ego - Dr. Anna Kress

You can also find a load of sites if you search for ego traps! - one is called exploring your mind.

Finally - here are some reallly bad predictions - quite a few I must say -

25 Famous Predictions That Were Proven To Be Horribly Wrong

Enjoy the rest of your day!