• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Click here for happiness!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Some great quotes from that "former atheist" page -

The theory that thought is merely a movement in the brain is, in my opinion, nonsense; for if so, that theory itself would be merely a movement, an event among atoms, which may have speed and direction but of which it would be meaningless to use the words ‘true’ or ‘false’.

~ C.S. Lewis

Favourite Quotes - Proof That God Exists

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Creator never intended for you to struggle -

Strangely leads here? -

Throughout modern history, one of the questions that humans have asked the most is “What is the meaning of life?”

We are all hungry for meaning, for purpose, for the feeling that our life is worth more than the sum of its parts.

Luckily, humans are resourceful – we have infinite ways of finding meaning, and infinite potential sources of meaning. We can find meaning in every scenario, every event, every occurrence, every context. We can find meaning in the sublime, in the absurd, in the dull and dreary, and in the perfectly wretched in life.

What is the Meaning of Life According to Positive Psychology [2019]

:)

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Been re-re-reading "The Language of God" by Francis Collins - better than I remembered - even f i disagree with some of it - would be a boring OLD world if we ALL agreed all-the-time :)

Got me onto the writings of C. S. Lewis?? - see if az has any of his thoughts/musings/ideas/opinions/beliefs ...

C. S. Lewis Quote

Over 2000 of his quotes?

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
158b864b80dafcb7c536d69bffa811c0.jpg

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Click here happiness strengths -

It turns out that happiness is not something we find, or reach, or become. We learn happiness skills just as we would learn any other skill. Most likely you are already really good at some happiness skills and not so good at others. For example, you might already be great at resilience but not as good at empathy. By practicing resilience, you are not likely to become more empathic. So your happiness skills, as a whole, will improve more if you spend your time practicing empathy, one of your weaknesses.

So how do you figure out your happiness strengths and weaknesses? Consider how well you demonstrate the following skills in your daily life:

What Are Your Happiness Strengths and Weaknesses?

Plus google some of them - eg -

Chris is a regular presenter on Destination Happiness, the Channel 9 wellbeing show. Chris presents the Happy Mind segment each week, which involves brief tips based on the science of positive psychology.

Season three has recently concluded, but you can find segments from seasons one, two, and three on the Destination Happiness Youtube Page.

Check out the Destination Happiness website and the Destination Happiness Facebook Page for more information on the show.

Destination Happiness | Chris Mackey

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
More from recent emails

Happiness healthy habits? -

Appreciate more.

This morning I woke up feeling appreciative of my bed, my incredible friends, and my mom for being the rock in my life. Appreciation feeds happiness. It highlights and gives value to what matters in our life. And the more you appreciate, the more you’ll find things to be appreciative of.

When waking up and going to sleep, remind yourself of three things you currently appreciate in your life.

More tips -

19 Simple Daily Habits for a Happier Life

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Positive psychology happiness exercises -

What do you do when you are not reaching your goals? Who can you turn to if everything in your life is pretty good, but something seems to be missing?

You know that you want more or can do more, but you cannot put your finger on what that is. You have read about flow and mindfulness. People talk about getting “gritty” and practicing self-compassion.

Twenty plus years ago, people did not have the option to visit with a therapist who focused on these questions or concepts. This is the purview of positive psychology. Now, practitioners, coaches, teachers, social workers, and other professionals have access to an abundance of research-backed material to help people thrive and flourish.

Throughout this article, we share 19 resources that you can use with your clients. If you are not a coach or mental health professional, but still want to explore what positive psychology offers, you also can use these resources.

One of the significant aspects of positive psychology is its focus on what is going well and how to get more of that in your life. You can accomplish this alone and with a mental health provider.

Read more -

19 Most Practical Positive Psychology Worksheets, Activities and Techniques

Enjoy your day!