• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Click here for happiness!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
There is a rule in my household. If anyone wants to read a book, for any reason, I will buy it. Society has this false belief that education ends after receiving a formal, professional degree. It is absurd. There is no endpoint for mastering the human psyche. You don't get public recognition for understanding why you screamed at someone questioning your morals. You don't get a cake for untangling a knot in a friendship, only to cherish and enjoy each other's company again. Maybe you should.

From this blog -

10 Books to Ramp Up Your Intellect

:)

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Tiny Buddha imperfection - from a chaotic mind page I barely remember creating!!!

“You’re imperfect, and you’re wired for struggle, but you are worthy of love and belonging.”

~ Brene Brown

We are all perfectly imperfect just as we are.

Yes, it’s true. Sometimes hard to believe, but always the truth. Believe me.

I’ve always recognized that I am a perfectionist.

I was the little girl who wanted to know how to play the piano at my first lesson, how to roller blade the first time I tried, how to do the splits at my first gymnastics class.

I’ve always wanted to do it right the first time.

Imperfection Is Lovable: Let Yourself Be

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"The kindest thing you could do for most people would be to show them how to develop wisdom & compassion because you know that they won't be truly happy until they do."

"Life is an experiment ..."

"Some people want to fill the world with silly love songs."

Plus more song lyrics

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
From that page I mentioned ... or did I ... from my hard-drive ...

Being conscious of love ignites the spark that makes all things new and restores the wholeness where we once thought we were incomplete. This is the energy and wisdom that bridges all the diverse worlds, thoughts and perspectives and restores our innate connection to all things. Love, and more appropriately, unconditional love is that which brings peace and understanding within where a moment before it seemed nonexistent and perhaps even impossible.

The Journey of Unconditional Love > The Love Foundation

Looks to be one huge site!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Spiritual growth is the process of awakening to your true nature, purpose, and potential. When you undergo spiritual growth you experience an expansion in awareness and insight, also known as higher consciousness. All spiritual growth has one objective: to help you embody your Soul, Higher Self or Atman. Once you are able to unite with your Soul, you will experience what is understood as enlightenment, self-realization, “heaven,” Oneness or moksha.

11 Traps Sabotaging Your Spiritual Growth ⋆ LonerWolf

For ascension thread? - caterpillar analogy and enjoy your day! :)

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
You’re hopeless, useless, burdensome. Nothing will ever go well, everyone is always better than you, you’ll never be perfect. You want to be liked, but you’re unlovable, and a failure at life. Sound familiar?

To the majority of people this language does. Mental traps – or ego defense mechanisms – serve as the rusty cogs that continue the mechanic cycles of pain, toxic shame, and hopelessness within us. In many instances, they are so deeply ingrained in the mind, that we are completely oblivious of their existence.

The most important thing to realize about these cognitive errors is that they’re maladaptive ways of dealing with the world and the self. In fact, living in the world of mental distortions is like living a lie. Your perception is constantly tainted with melancholic negativity that brings forth unrealistic and untruthful thoughts.

9 Ego Defense Mechanisms That Kill Self-Growth ⋆ LonerWolf

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
How to Approach Mindfulness with Kindness

Meditation and mindfulness can be a real struggle. It takes practice, and we may often find ourselves approaching it with a negative attitude—which can lead to judgment of ourselves and others, creating a spiral of negativity. In this TEDx Talk, psychologist Shauna Shapiro tells of her own personal struggles with mindfulness meditation, and shares some sage advice she has received about the importance of approaching every moment with intentional kindness.

From this site -

How to Approach Mindfulness with Kindness

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Been re-reading this book - you forget -

quote-love-is-the-real-nuclear-bomb-that-destroys-all-our-enemies-because-when-we-love-all-geshe-kelsang-gyatso-95-5-0525.jpg

TOP 25 QUOTES BY GESHE KELSANG GYATSO (of 88) | A-Z Quotes

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
In nearly 90 years of life, Thich has shown himself, again-and-again, to live to these high ideals of promoting change through nonviolence, education and love.

Throughout his life. Thich has been a teacher. He has constantly engaged himself in the peace movement around the world. Once being nominated for a Nobel peace prize by none other than Dr. Martin Luther King.

He has run the West’s largest and most active Buddhist monastery, Plum Village. Where thousands of people come to learn, “practices such as walking meditation, sitting meditation, eating meditation, total relaxation, working meditation and stopping, smiling, and breathing mindfully. “

57 Thich Nhat Hanh Quotes on Mindfulness (To Live a More Meaningful Life)

Enjoy!

Sep thread in Buddhism dir??

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Develop good habits happiness -

1. Savor the moment. Look around your environment and take note of one thing that you often take for granted. Bring mindful attention and awareness to it. Try to engage all your senses. Notice the positive feelings and associations that go with it. Try to hold onto this awareness for 15-20 seconds or so, to let it really sink in.

2. Practice non-judgmental awareness of yourself and others. Most people, including you, are doing the best they can with the resources they have in any particular moment. No one wakes up and says, “I think I’ll screw up my life today.” Give yourself, and others, a break.

Read the rest of the tips -

15 Habits That Will Grow Your Happiness

Plus the suggested searches

Best wishes!